Sponsored by:

997 c2s intermediate DE track pads

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 09:31 PM
woodyTPA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997 c2s intermediate DE track pads

Sebring is my home track, and am scheduled for my 8th and 9th track day Feb 22/23. I am reasonable smooth, and still working on corner consistency.Heal/toe well, and at last Chin event was at 9/10th on entire track with stock pads/rotors and Mich PSS2's.I have plenty of tread left, but time for rotors and pads. I ordered Sebro slotted rotors, so which pads to choose? I, like others, brake too hard prior to my turn in, and plan on getting coaching from an instructor who is an experienced racer at Sebring to lessen this habit. This track eats brakes. Sooo, what is the concencus given my skill level and equipment on pads to install? Using castrol endless brake fluid and GT3 ducts for cooling BTW. Thanks in advance for the time!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,413 Likes on 754 Posts

PFC 06 or PFC 08
Old 02-05-2014, 10:18 PM
woodyTPA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was where I was leaning Veloce raptor. Use the same spec pads all around? I will be with an instructor all weekend. Any advice for getting used to race pads compared to stock? I am sure a few moderately fast laps will "learn me up" so to speak. Risk of abrupt spins/tweaky brakes, etc? My instructor for the weekend runs the same car as I do but track prepped. Thanks again! BTW that is the best avatar of anybody on any forum. I really need to work on getting one!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,413 Likes on 754 Posts

Yes, she is dreamy...

If it were me, yes I would run the same pads on all 4 corners with that car. With those street tires, you will find that (a) these pads will grab a lot harder that what you have been using, (b) ABS will come on more easily, and (c) the pads will take longer to get to temperature

The street tires can become overwhelmed by the additional brake torque the new pads will offer, so you will really have to train yourself to change your initial application of them. I believe this will have a side benefit of addressing your admitted issue with hitting the brakes too hard too late. Hopefully your instructor will be in tune with the changes, and will guide your behavior to get the most from the new pads.

Enjoy!

Quick Reply: 997 c2s intermediate DE track pads