Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know this car or engine builder?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 06:35 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If those Goodyear's are the tires on the car from under the tarp don't even think about driving on them. With all the HWP and TQ they're too risky...
Old 02-05-2014, 06:39 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
If those Goodyear's are the tires on the car from under the tarp don't even think about driving on them. With all the HWP and TQ they're too risky...
The wheels look like 17's. Be sure to check those Mag centers for cracks. In fact, you might want to investigate moving to 18's. New wheels would be much safer, and there's a lot of good tire choices.

Great to see that car get saved.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:51 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mklaskin
The wheels look like 17's. Be sure to check those Mag centers for cracks. In fact, you might want to investigate moving to 18's. New wheels would be much safer, and there's a lot of good tire choices.

Great to see that car get saved.
Great point about the gold BBS 17' rims. They are very prone to cracking which is usually visible from the inside at the base of the fingers. Dangerous as hell....
Old 02-05-2014, 10:29 PM
wolf300tt
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, let me just set your minds at ease. The wheels WERE 16" by 14" rears and 16" by 10" fronts. They were perfect with no stress cracks at all. The tires were indeed Goodyear radial slicks in both before and after pics, however, they are not the same tires in both sets of pictures. They are years apart. Finally, I replaced the tires and wheels with 18" BBS and Michelin slicks after these pics were all taken. I have 2 sets of 18's from my former IMSA GT2 car so I put the spare set on this car. They fit great and look just as good.

The last picture I posted was from 2012. The car has been advanced even further since those pictures were taken.

Thanks for looking out for me.

Drew

Quick Reply: Does anyone know this car or engine builder?