Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Alonso gave up". McLaren still trying to poach FA

Old 12-04-2013, 10:33 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Raj, Alonso is in a competitive team, just not the top team. They are not far away as Alonso has had two legitimate chances at a title in the past 4 years. My point is that a team leader should be working within the team to bring them up to the top step not try to look for a way out. They are not that far off.

With bringing in Kimi, Montezemolo has indicated he cannot trust Alonso and is looking for an insurance policy for a #1 should Alonso leave. I don't know how Kimi is going to look after his back surgery recovery, but that is something Luca could not have forseen. Everyone in the garage is now questioning Alonso's motivation and intentions.... something they never had to do with their #1 drivers in the past. And let's be frank, Ferrari hasn't done anything but give Alonso everything he has asked for prior to his shopping his services around. Total backing and a weak #2 teammate.
Let's get the facts straight here. You guys talk about honoring contracts, what did Ferrari do to Kimi? Dumped him after he just got them a WDC. Thanks Kimi, I hope you enjoyed our coke and ice-cream. Last I remember, Kimi's work ethics or lack of was the reason they dumped him. Why bring him back? They dumped him for the next hot shoe.

Same happened with Schumi, thanks for the 6 WCC's and 5 WDC's. BTW, we have a new hot shoe named kimi coming in. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. We won't even give you an opporthnity to resign. We are going to force you out!

Ferrari and honor don't belong in the same sentence as has been seen plenty of times. If you guys want to hold drivers to such an honor, please expect the same from the team. Otherwise its a double standard.

I find it funny that you want to give this much credence to Bernie talking trash. All Bernie cares about is top driver distribution. Having Alonso at Ferrari was part of his plan. He is worried Alonso might leave, so now he is talking trash. If Alonso is such a bad team player, why are there not more rumblings from within Ferrari? Why did Massa not diss him on his way out.

Massa outqualified Alonso 5 times in the 2nd half, wow! Wasn't Massa trying to find a race seat in another team. So he took the cruise control off and actually started driving for a change. Why is it that people are not questioning Massa and his lack of effort most of the times. Why was it that when his job was on the line, he decided to actually put an effort. How did the two finish every race that Massa outqualified Alonso? I thought points were only given for race finishes and not qualifying. Alonso came 2nd in a car that was the 4th fastest. What else do you gusy want from him. If anything you guys should be happy that he might leave. Isn't that what has upset most of you for the last 4 yrs or is it that you just the hate Alonso that much?

Botttomline is, this is Bernie making news. There is nothing to talk about this time of the yr. He wants to keep F1 in the limelight. Isn't that part of his job?

The fact that Whitmarsh is seeking Alonso goes to show there is little we know about this business. If Alonso was such a horrible person, why would Whitmarsh ( a person very high on ethics) want to consider him? How many Team Pricipals try to get their booted driver (Perez) a ride elsewhere? Whitmarsh knew Perez needed more time and they are not in a position to do so. He did the right thing by getting him a ride at Force India. If Alonso is such an ahole, Whitmarsh wouldn't want to touch him.

Hope Bernie got what he wanted, some good press.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:01 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,872 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Re contracts, Schumacher's contract was up and he took too long to decide if he wanted to continue or not so Luca signed Kimi, but the full contract was honored by Ferrari. Kimi was paid on his contract for the last year and yes, I didn't want Alonso to come in and still don't want him in the team, but what does my opinion on driver selection have to do with honoring a contract. The weasel is trying to get out of the contract when he just signed an extension last year!

I don't think your observation of Bernie is accurate. Bernie is expressing an opinion of a driver and team that he likes and has no bearing on his making $$ which is what Bernie is all about when you get right down to it. Besides, Bernie is just repeating what we already know.... Alonso was shopping his services to other teams behind Ferrari's back. That's all and his motivation was compromised.

Bottom line is if you're going to be paid and paid handsomely, do your job to the fullest extent. I hope that McLaren gets this douchebag back in 2014 rather than 2015. I can't wait for his "legacy" at Maranello will be similar to other common drivers that could not bring home a championship.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:10 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Re contracts, Schumacher's contract was up and he took too long to decide if he wanted to continue or not so Luca signed Kimi, but the full contract was honored by Ferrari. Kimi was paid on his contract for the last year and yes, I didn't want Alonso to come in and still don't want him in the team, but what does my opinion on driver selection have to do with honoring a contract. The weasel is trying to get out of the contract when he just signed an extension last year!

I don't think your observation of Bernie is accurate. Bernie is expressing an opinion of a driver and team that he likes and has no bearing on his making $$ which is what Bernie is all about when you get right down to it. Besides, Bernie is just repeating what we already know.... Alonso was shopping his services to other teams behind Ferrari's back. That's all and his motivation was compromised.

Bottom line is if you're going to be paid and paid handsomely, do your job to the fullest extent. I hope that McLaren gets this douchebag back in 2014 rather than 2015. I can't wait for his "legacy" at Maranello will be similar to other common drivers that could not bring home a championship.
Once again, thanks for sharing your hate and blinders. You see it one way, which is fine by me. I see it differently.

If his motivation was compromised, he would not have ended up 2nd in the championship.

Why not question Kimi's motivation? He is the one that gave up with 2 races to go. Double standards as always.

I hope Alonso leaves Ferrari and we can all be happy. Your wishes will come true.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:20 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
If his motivation was compromised, he would not have ended up 2nd in the championship.

Why not question Kimi's motivation? He is the one that gave up with 2 races to go. Double standards as always.

I hope Alonso leaves Ferrari and we can all be happy. Your wishes will come true.
Gotta hand it to you Raj, YOU are indeed a loyal follower and drinker of the Alonso cool aid. Let me point out a couple things the FA fanboyz club didn't mention during the monthly meeting. Alonso finished in 2nd because he got his points and those of Felipe Massa. Massa was compromised for the sake of Alonso.

Second, Kimi had a medical condition that required he go under the knife hardly what I would call "giving up" as you say. Getting back surgery is a hell of an excuse to not race the last two races of the season.

Finally, Kimi wasn't paid... at all... despite what was "CONTRACTUALLY" owned to him by Lotus and yet he was still risking his life every race and bringing in constructor points that brought in millions to the Lotus team, that BTW should be taken from Lotus before it is distributed and Kimi paid what he is owed.

Conversely, Alonso is not only the highest paid driver in F1, but his salary dwarfs team principals, designers like Adrian Newey, all the mechanics and engineers etc. The only individual making more than Alonso in F1 is Bernie himself... for that a full effort is expected.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:54 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

You still have not responded to my original question. How do you rate Ferrari in the way they booted Kimi. Based on your argument, he was under contract and the moral thing would be to see out the contract. Why no posts about how Ferrari has behaved over the yrs? Just cause they bought him out doesn't make it right.

You just hold Alonso to a double standard. Btw, in case his motivation is in question. He raced the last 2 races under severe back pain and was receiving treatment. Alonso could also have hung it up but he did not.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:16 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

You are either a lawyer or magician, because you can avoid or make the issue at hand disappear. It looks like your off the MS argument since I showed that his contract was up. To address Kimi, it was your boy Alonso and his wanting to be with Ferrari (backed with Santader $$) that pushed Kimi - I didn't like it, but he was paid in full to not drive because as we all know, DV cannot have a strong teammate on the other side of the garage. Let's see how he comes to grips with Kimi because we all know what happened when he teamed up with a good rookie in 2007.

BTW, I would gladly not work for a year and get paid the same salary as I'm sure most would. Hopefully that addresses your concerns.

Many people work with pain, DV is not the queen of England that should be looked as special because he did it. I'm sure even you could see the difference in having back surgery. I'd advise DV to take a couple Midol next time he has cramps.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:21 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Yawn..
Old 12-04-2013, 03:34 PM
JCP911S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc

Every village has an idiot
Every class has a clown
Nice to know this forum has at least one ... And IB gets a tax credit for allowing developmentally challenged Alonso Athletic Supporters a chance to type and drool on their waterproof keyboards.
Great stuff... more entertaining than a Billion-dollar autocross from the historic HBSC-Santander Circuit in South Mohabi-Dhabi.

I can just follow this thread, and save 2 hours of wasted time on Sunday watching the races.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:01 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When Alonso bolts to McLaren in 2015 will he be willing to accept a significant cut in pay? Or will he be expecting yet another raise? Also, how much better could Ferrari have been if they spent the extra money they gave Alonso on the developing the car instead? We know Alonso is a good driver, but is his 30 million Euros versus Hamilton's 16 million Euros versus Vettel's 10 million Euros really money well spent?
Old 12-04-2013, 05:55 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Here comes the village idiot, rambling as usual. Please go on me little thinking comprehension..
Personal attacks?
Really?
Old 12-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Personal attacks?
Really?
Then what the hell is this?

Originally Posted by ltc
Alonso Supporters are morons. Darwin wouldn't even attempt to classify nor explain their existence.
Please Lewis, cut the crap.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:33 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman

Originally Posted by ltc View Post
Alonso Supporters are morons. Darwin wouldn't even attempt to classify nor explain their existence.

Technically this is not a personal attack. Alonso Supporters is a general term. More like the use of an indefinite article. The post was also directed to Pete.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:38 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman

Request denied.

I never mentioned a specific RL member.
Alonso Athletic Supporters is a subspecies, thought to be related to Bigfoot/Yeti.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
I never mentioned a specific RL member.
Neither did he:

Here comes the village idiot, rambling as usual. Please go on me little thinking comprehension..
Old 12-04-2013, 10:36 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

LOL, where is Larry Herman when you need him? He's like John Madden in that big motorhome of his roaming the US

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Alonso gave up". McLaren still trying to poach FA