Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Massa is plain Crazy

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...o-above-Schumi
Old 11-07-2013, 02:42 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,544 Likes on 2,108 Posts

^^ And this is coming from an Alonso fan.... Just saying.... head injuries can linger on for some time

Let's be completely objective, Massa raced against Schumacher in his final year at 37 years old and with Alonso in his prime years.

But what has Alonzo done @ Ferrari ?? Lol in 4 years Alonso has managed 12 wins 4 poles, ?!! Shumi in 2006 brought the car up to speed by mid season recording 7 wins 4 poles in just one year - his final year.

Unless Alonso can deliver what he promised to deliver, he will be a footnote in Ferrari lore
Old 11-07-2013, 08:06 PM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Well Pete last I checked you were a dedicated Schumi fan, correct?

Anyway I am not saying I agree or disagree but it is the opinion of Massa who drove with both and compared himself with the same team and equipment. So I would argue that considering his experiences and considering he is leaving the team I see no reason why he would not give an honest opinion. I actually think, in the current stage in his carrier he would offer a pretty honest answer.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:37 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
^^ And this is coming from an Alonso fan.... Just saying.... head injuries can linger on for some time Let's be completely objective, Massa raced against Schumacher in his final year at 37 years old and with Alonso in his prime years. But what has Alonzo done @ Ferrari ?? Lol in 4 years Alonso has managed 12 wins 4 poles, ?!! Shumi in 2006 brought the car up to speed by mid season recording 7 wins 4 poles in just one year - his final year. Unless Alonso can deliver what he promised to deliver, he will be a footnote in Ferrari lore
This is what I call a true apologist. Now all of a sudden Michael was too old when he raced against Massa, lol.

Then they have the nerve to call others ball washers, go figure...
Old 11-07-2013, 08:40 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by agdamis
Well Pete last I checked you were a dedicated Schumi fan, correct? Anyway I am not saying I agree or disagree but it is the opinion of Massa who drove with both and compared himself with the same team and equipment. So I would argue that considering his experiences and considering he is leaving the team I see no reason why he would not give an honest opinion. I actually think, in the current stage in his carrier he would offer a pretty honest answer.
Hey, what does Massa know. He is only a Ferrari race car driver who happened to not only have driven against Schumi, but also Kimi. Funny, he didn't mention Kimi either [cough] [cough] .
Old 11-08-2013, 12:02 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Hey, what does Massa know. He is only a Ferrari race car driver who happened to not only have driven against Schumi, but also Kimi. Funny, he didn't mention Kimi either [cough] [cough] .
Save your energy Raj, in a few short months, all the Alonso apologists will be working over time in trying to give excuses on why Alonso is throwing a fit about Kimi. Never forget, Alonso has never had a quality teammate except for Hamilton's rookie year. Kimi is no rookie and will not pull over for Alonso
Old 11-08-2013, 01:16 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Save your energy Raj, in a few short months, all the Alonso apologists will be working over time in trying to give excuses on why Alonso is throwing a fit about Kimi. Never forget, Alonso has never had a quality teammate except for Hamilton's rookie year. Kimi is no rookie and will not pull over for Alonso
That assumes he will be in front of him.

On another topic, I like Kimi very much and consider myself a fan, but I have to admit he did not look so "Icemanish" after crashing out. I am sure the not getting paid thing is weighing on him, but you have to admit young Grosjean is putting pressure on him.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:21 AM
CCA
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

And let's not forget that Massa bested Kimi 2008 when Kimi was the their #1 driver.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:27 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

You mean the same way all the Schumi apologist have been working ever since he came back? lol

I guess you are talking from experience. I would suggest YOU save your energy and focus on excuses for Kimi. You will need them.

Also, never forget, Massa has had the highest quality teammates in recent history. The guy knows what he is talking about. He has nothing to gain or lose. Schumi is his friend. He would not diss Scumi. Take the blinders off.

BTW, apology NOT ACCEPTED!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:36 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

All I'm saying is that Massa has had 3 WDC as teammates. There is no denying that Alonso has driven well but not good enough to accomplish the job he was hired to do and has had 4 years to do it in. There is also no denying that Schumi was in the twilight of his career when Massa was at his prime. Massa was probably at the height of his powers when he was teamed up with Kimi almost winning a WDC. Conversely, Alonso only had the quick Massa for a handful of races before the head injury. Since that injury, there is no denying that Massa is not the same driver he was under Schumi and Kimi.

The fact remains that in 4 years, Alonso has won 12 races and 4 poles. In his final year (singular) MS won 7 races and 4 poles. These are just the facts and difficult for the Alonso supporters to swallow.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:31 AM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pete,

Alonso never had "the quick Massa" for a teammate prior to the head injury. That happened in '09...
Old 11-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by agdamis
That assumes he will be in front of him.
Haha. Yes I keep saying this over and over.

Listen, I am a Kimi fan. I hope he does well next year. But there are many many reasons FA hasn't clinched a title with Ferrari. His driving ability frankly is not one of them. Massa has all but confirmed this.

And anyone who thinks that Ferrari hiring another "#1 driver" should be an easy pill for FA to swallow, isn't being fair either. I would be a little pissed too. Anybody with a competitive personality would be.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:33 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mklaskin
Pete,

Alonso never had "the quick Massa" for a teammate prior to the head injury. That happened in '09...
Thank you for the clarification.... This actually supports my point even more.

The term "perfect" is a good one by Massa because I do remember Schumacher making small mistakes here and there in his final year with Ferrari and moreso when he came back to MB. The MS of 1999 to
2004 was a machine that could do what he wanted in a car. Massa never raced against that Schumacher
Old 11-08-2013, 02:42 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

All I'm saying is that Massa has had 3 WDC as teammates. There is no denying that Alonso has driven well but not good enough to accomplish the job he was hired to do and has had 4 years to do it in. There is also no denying that Schumi was in the twilight of his career when Massa was at his prime. Massa was probably at the height of his powers when he was teamed up with Kimi almost winning a WDC. Conversely, Alonso only had the quick Massa for a handful of races before the head injury. Since that injury, there is no denying that Massa is not the same driver he was under Schumi and Kimi. The fact remains that in 4 years, Alonso has won 12 races and 4 poles. In his final year (singular) MS won 7 races and 4 poles. These are just the facts and difficult for the Alonso supporters to swallow.
You been watching F1 long enough to know that one needs a competitive car to accomplish anything in F1. Ferrari has not had a competitive car in a long time. The fact that Reuben's was constantly 2nd to Michael only proves my point. Even Reuben's could have been WDC in those yrs. Different car, different team with different management.

What has Hamilton accomplished recently? Not much. Name anyone that is not driving a RBR. You can make an analogy between the current RBR and the Ferrari of those days. Complete domination by a car that was leaps and bounds above the rest.

I know you guys are pretty set in your ways but I will still say it as I see it.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:53 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
I know you guys are pretty set in your ways but I will still say it as I see it.
And you're not set if your way? Everyone has their opinions and are free to voice them. Some people think Schumacher was better and some will say Alonso was better. And yet others will say it was extremely hard to compare the two because at no time was there ever an apples to apples comparison.

I remember when Schumacher broke into the sport. You know back when Senna, Prost, Piquet and Mansell were the big dogs all with rides at the top teams. Schumacher was impressive. He was talented, he was motivated and it did not take him long to find his way into the top teams. Okay he had already won two WDCs by then, but one of the most impressive races I have ever watched was the 1996 Spanish Grand Prix where Schumacher dominated in the wet. It was very Senna like the way he dominated the field that day in very difficult conditions. By the way the wet is one of the great equalizers in motorsports. Now Alonso too rose pretty fast in the ranks of F1 and Alonso too has had some impressive races, also in the wet. Massa is entitled to say what he wants to say. If Massa wants to say Alonso was better, he is free to say this. There is no doubt that Alonso is a talented racer. Heck if RBR didn't exist with their dominant car, he likely would have more than 2 championships though how many is difficult to say because Vettel too would have found a seat also in one of the top teams. Like Alonso before him, like Schumacher before him, like Senna before him ... it didn't take long for Vettel to be recognized as a talented racer and find a spot at a top team.

PS: I left many more other talented drivers off of this list. They too could have been included. It is extremely difficult to say who is better because we are often having to compare apples and oranges.

Quick Reply: Massa is plain Crazy