Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michael Stewart, PCA 'racer' hits another car (again!)

Old 10-15-2013, 05:13 PM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's not judge, especially for those who weren't there. I was there but didn 't personally witness it, but I was with witnesses. As I understand it, the GT3 got on the grass and couldn't stop. The unfortunate E car was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I had a similar incident at the same track at the same corner a few years ago. I too got on the grass and couldn't stop. It's downhill and very slippery, it's a horrible feeling to have absolutely no control. I too was heading straight towards other cars. In my case, I hit the corner worker station which saved me from hitting cars.

We don't know why the GT3 was on the grass.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:16 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 148 Likes on 94 Posts

Dan:
The charity that received your $400 is well worth it. It's called the Carol Jean Cancer Foundation and they have a summer camp called Camp Friendship, for kids with cancer and their families. My wife and I started a charity rally for them in 2002 and fortunately Potomac Region PCA has continued supporting them even after we moved to Charlottesville. They rely on generous donations like the one you made for the TV and are not nearly as well known as some of the other more household names. A good friend of mine used volunteer there until she and her husband moved to Denver.

Info found here: http://www.cjcf4kids.org/
Old 10-15-2013, 05:46 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by samluke
Let's not judge, especially for those who weren't there. I was there but didn 't personally witness it, but I was with witnesses. As I understand it, the GT3 got on the grass and couldn't stop. The unfortunate E car was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I had a similar incident at the same track at the same corner a few years ago. I too got on the grass and couldn't stop. It's downhill and very slippery, it's a horrible feeling to have absolutely no control. I too was heading straight towards other cars. In my case, I hit the corner worker station which saved me from hitting cars.

Richard, I was on track with him on Friday. He was then, even on first impression, a driver one would want to stay away from (not the only one out, sad to say). He got on the grass for a reason - not the same you would. Had it not been there, it would have been somewhere else perhaps at a greater speed.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:03 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by morsini
So, we should hit him with a tow rig?
Originally Posted by mrbill_fl
No, a Chrome horn!
As fun as that would be, it would make one of us the a-hole instead of him being the a-hole.

How about if we DEMAND/ASK (choose your own version) that he not be allowed to race with PCA - everywhere he shows up we demand/ask the head steward dude to just ban him because of his bad record?
Old 10-15-2013, 06:37 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by samluke
I'm sorry, I can't help myself.

Old 10-15-2013, 06:44 PM
KaiB
Banned

Best played through Analogman effects!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:55 PM
danielyonker
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera51
Dan:
The charity that received your $400 is well worth it. It's called the Carol Jean Cancer Foundation and they have a summer camp called Camp Friendship, for kids with cancer and their families. My wife and I started a charity rally for them in 2002 and fortunately Potomac Region PCA has continued supporting them even after we moved to Charlottesville. They rely on generous donations like the one you made for the TV and are not nearly as well known as some of the other more household names. A good friend of mine used volunteer there until she and her husband moved to Denver.

Info found here: http://www.cjcf4kids.org/
Copy that, Mark. No regrets here - just having fun. It will find a great home.....
Old 10-15-2013, 07:44 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

I think the solution to this problem, at least as far as PCA is concerned, is very simple. As risk averse as the club is to liability and litigation, I would send a certified letter to PCA's officers, well as PCA's legal counsel, outlining the driver's issues. It might be a good idea to state that you are concerned that PCA might carry some liability of bodily injury if it had actual knowledge that there was a driver whose level of skill and inherent safety limits were in question amongst the community, assuming that the driver were to be involved in an accident that hurt another person. I would be surprised if PCA did not take some action to reduce its risk.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:46 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by morsini
So, we should hit him with a tow rig?
Or everyone can chip in and buy a tow rig. Hook his car up when his group goes out and then he cant go anywhere.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:50 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by danielyonker
Copy that, Mark. No regrets here - just having fun. It will find a great home.....
I thought the package deal for $450 was a much better value.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:45 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
So the story gets worse. I received a few emails from people who told me he also rammed another car at the Test&Tune before Brainard this year. He then proceeded to skip the novice meeting which is required for a driver with a 13. He is racking up a body count faster than Michael Myers in Halloween.

The problem is not just that he is wreckless, but he simply has total disregard for other people or the rules we are all suppose to abide by. And because many of his incidents happen in Test&Tune instead of in PCA events he'll keep coming back to strike again.

Matt, i have confronted him in person. After he hit me he failed to report to Black Flag and failed to come find me, but I searched and found him. He did not apologize or even seem to care about what happened. And because of this attitude the hits keep coming. 4 and counting in a matter of 6 months and all involved him ramming people with the front of his car. The same mistake over and over again ....

I've been hit by others and never made mention of it after it happened. No reason to make public cases of those instances. This one is clearly different and hopefully someone does tell him about this public shaming. He needs to know how others feel so that he either changes, quits the sport, or isn't taken by surprise when he is taken behind the wood shed after his next incident.

u NEED to call up susan shire to talk about this.
i am no hot shoe, but i know when u are out of my elements. i can have fun,i would avoid ruining other ppl's fun and certainly not pin ball all over the track.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:25 AM
DanS911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is such a thing as a 13/13 in PCA DE. Test and Tune incidents are taken seriously.

Those with first hand knowledge should express their concerns directly to Brian Henderson.
An email to Brian, cc to Susan, Ken Laborde (PCA General Counsel), and Pete Tremper should get some fair and prompt action.

If you were involved in a car to car incident at a PCA event with this driver the Stewart of the event should get the details. I can assure you he will have his hands full at the next event.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:18 AM
KaiB
Banned

Originally Posted by DanS911
There is such a thing as a 13/13 in PCA DE. Test and Tune incidents are taken seriously.

Those with first hand knowledge should express their concerns directly to Brian Henderson.
An email to Brian, cc to Susan, Ken Laborde (PCA General Counsel), and Pete Tremper should get some fair and prompt action.

If you were involved in a car to car incident at a PCA event with this driver the Stewart of the event should get the details. I can assure you he will have his hands full at the next event.
I will email Susan this AM and ask if she has fifteen minutes to chat today.

As new as I am in this game, I've nonetheless expressed concerns here about social promotions and the vetting program for new racers. I'm curious if HQ also might have the same questions.

My call will be generic, but I will mention this thread. Those who have other first hand knowledge regarding this current issue should feel free to PM or email me at: kai at bugtussleok dot net.

Of course now I've cursed myself and will have to sandbag five seconds off pace at ECR next weekend.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:31 AM
samluke
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PCA took a full incident report from the best witness. So even though it was a T&T session it was taken seriously.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:09 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts

You guys are getting out of hand, there is a simple solution to all this....
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Michael Stewart, PCA 'racer' hits another car (again!)