Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   yet another reason why you should take it to the track (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/771170-yet-another-reason-why-you-should-take-it-to-the-track.html)

mrbill_fl 08-13-2013 04:23 PM

yet another reason why you should take it to the track

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/bro...0,497971.story

Whoever was driving Delgado's Ferrari at 12:30 a.m. Saturday when it rammed the back of the northbound Hyundai, sending it tumbling end over end into the highway median, "failed to render aid and fled the scene prior to the arrival of any first responders," according to the FHP incident report.

(1 dead)

Radomin Delgado = owner of the F430 and a rennlister....

-mods, if this is political or offensive, please delete thread.

Streak 08-13-2013 05:24 PM

RIP :(

mklaskin 08-13-2013 05:31 PM

Is he the same guy who referred to our cars as aero-beetles? Had the photo of the 430 sliding sideways?

cfjan 08-13-2013 05:37 PM

NJ-GT? It is possible, since people call him "Rad".. Hope it is not him behind the car, though..

mklaskin 08-13-2013 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by cfjan (Post 10682393)
NJ-GT? It is possible, since people call him "Rad".. Hope it is not him behind the car, though..

Agreed. Hopefully there is a logical explanation and he wasn't driving.

Veloce Raptor 08-13-2013 06:12 PM

Um...wow.

kk2 08-13-2013 06:12 PM

Wow.. it was a red scud in the pics

http://www.trbimg.com/img-52095546/t...01/500/500x375

M3EvoBR 08-13-2013 06:23 PM

Guys, please lets wait for the facts as of right now non of us know what happened, no facts revealed yet.
It's a big tragedy and extremely painful to all families involved.

Dwane 08-13-2013 06:33 PM

Not good.

Jas0nn 08-13-2013 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR (Post 10682513)
Guys, please lets wait for the facts as of right now non of us know what happened, no facts revealed yet.
It's a big tragedy and extremely painful to all families involved.

It seems there ARE plenty of facts, but what's missing is his side of all this. At the end of a day a man died in an accident that involved his car - that is a fact. The question is one of his involvement, or not - and he's (understandably) retained council.

scott40 08-13-2013 06:53 PM

Oh geez :(

M3EvoBR 08-13-2013 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jas0nn (Post 10682571)
It seems there ARE plenty of facts, but what's missing is his side of all this. At the end of a day a man died in an accident that involved his car - that is a fact. The question is one of his involvement, or not - and he's (understandably) retained council.

BUDDY, I have no ****ing clue who was driving the car, if the other car was correct or not etc ... so yes there are a lot of facts but a lot of them also missing, otherwise the police wouldn't be clearing the facts....
So at this point the facts are not all there.

multi21 08-13-2013 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR (Post 10682583)
BUDDY, I have no ****ing clue who was driving the car, if the other car was correct or not etc ... so yes there are a lot of facts but a lot of them also missing, otherwise the police wouldn't be clearing the facts....
So at this point the facts are not all there.

Relax and don't take this too personal. I'd advise to NOT come onto this thread anymore because this looks like it's going to go well over 10 pages before all is said and done.

I've personally met Rad before when he used to live in SoCal and found him to be a great guy. I hope for his sake he was not behind the wheel.

RIP to the driver of the Hyundai

M3EvoBR 08-13-2013 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 10682601)
Relax and don't take this too personal. I'd advise to NOT come onto this thread anymore because this looks like it's going to go well over 10 pages before all is said and done.

I've personally met Rad before when he used to live in SoCal and found him to be a great guy. I hope for his sake he was not behind the wheel.

RIP to the driver of the Hyundai

I don't, just pisses me off when someone tries to stir the pot with such a tragedy.
Also not in a position to judge anyone, specially without ALL FACTS.

My thoughts and prayers are with all involved families.

TRAKCAR 08-13-2013 07:19 PM

Lets leave it to a judge.
We don't know who he might be protecting.
The lawyer is representing person(S).
No one knows if he was even there or who was driving at this point.
Maybe his wife, but Ferraris attract friends, we just don't know. Maybe he just ****ed up and fell asleep.

I'd get the best lawyer and do whatever he would tell me to do.

I only know him as a super nice guy and I know that's his car.
Maybe he screwed up and maybe not. Well find out eventually.

RIP to the driver in the Hyundai.
The car does not look too heavily damaged as opposed to the Fiat..

leejo 08-13-2013 07:56 PM

Pretty wild to hit a car from behind - on an interstate highway!!! - hard enough to flip it end over end. I wonder what the speed difference has to be to cause that...

Slower traffic keep right!

Last week I was behind one of those cars with the rear-view mirror pointed at the driver's face so she could confirm as often as she pleased how her face was doing. With allowances for the speed involved, you gotta figure that keeping a good eye on what's coming up behind you is not a terrible idea at 12:30 AM, but obviously not everyone pays all that much attention to their mirrors.

Veloce Raptor 08-13-2013 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by leejo (Post 10682720)
Pretty wild to hit a car from behind - on an interstate highway!!! - hard enough to flip it end over end. I wonder what the speed difference has to be to cause that...

Slower traffic keep right!

Last week I was behind one of those cars with the rear-view mirror pointed at the driver's face so she could confirm as often as she pleased how her face was doing. With allowances for the speed involved, you gotta figure that keeping a good eye on what's coming up behind you is not a terrible idea at 12:30 AM, but obviously not everyone pays all that much attention to their mirrors.

Not trying to speculate here, but I have seen dip****s completely stopped in the middle of interstate highways, for no reason whatsoever except being dip****s. And this seems to happen a lot in Calif & FloriDUH.

Again, I have no idea if that is what happened, but it is not beyond the realm of possibility.

mklaskin 08-13-2013 08:38 PM

This happened to a friend many years ago. Very similar scenario where a car stopped in the middle of an expressway during a bad storm.

Jas0nn 08-13-2013 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR (Post 10682620)
I don't, just pisses me off when someone tries to stir the pot with such a tragedy.
Also not in a position to judge anyone, specially without ALL FACTS.

My thoughts and prayers are with all involved families.

Stirring the pot? How so? I made a very simply counterpoint to your assertion that there are NO FACTS .

There's no question that we don't have all the facts, but it seems to me when you suggest that there are NO facts, when quite obviously there are many - including the fact that the whomever was behind the wheel of the car fled the scene - that you're ignoring quite significant FACTS.

9.5 Degrees 08-13-2013 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by kk2 (Post 10682480)
Wow.. it was a red scud in the pics

http://www.trbimg.com/img-52095546/t...01/500/500x375

that is quite an impact -- probably drew some blood from scratches etc. shouldn't take long for dna tests to determine if the rennlister in question was the one behind the wheel or somebody else

theporscheguy 08-13-2013 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor (Post 10682805)
Not trying to speculate here, but I have seen dip****s completely stopped in the middle of interstate highways, for no reason whatsoever except being dip****s. And this seems to happen a lot in Calif & FloriDUH.

Again, I have no idea if that is what happened, but it is not beyond the realm of possibility.

About a month ago while driving home from the office there was a guy pushing his broken down POS backward in the fast lane of the highway so that he could get into the median. I gave plenty of room turning into the slow lane but a few cars back the driver wasn't so lucky and ended up missing the guy and his car ended up in the ditch. I could not believe what I was seeing.

TRAKCAR 08-13-2013 09:50 PM

Guys, this is South Florida.
Even cars that are fine will enter the interstate to cross 4 lanes into the fast lane.

I used to drive Palm Beach to Miami every day at 4AM or earlier averaging 120 MPH, empty roads, working day and night, 20 years ago and I learned things since.

But I have repeatedly seen cars enter the distance, maybe recent Cuban, Haitian immigrants who are not required to take driving lessons still! or and 102 year old, you just never know here.

You see them enter, brake on the on ramp, accelerate from 20 MPH and they keep coming to the left without turn signal... you think, ok, maybe he likes the middle lane, ok, maybe the third, but no, sure enough with no other traffic in sight the go into the left lane at 55mph and I'm going 120mph, no big deal, you can go around it and after a while you even start anticipating.

Blown tire carcasses everywhere from the wrecks driving around on corded tires till they blow and once in a while they put a 90 degree turn in an interstate when 99% is straight and sure enough someone hits the wall every other day...

If it rains and it does every day in the summer, you will see 1 car crashed every 10 miles on avg..

tlarocque 08-13-2013 11:37 PM

Sorry but, although there may be more to the story, it sure doesn't look good. Anytime you hit somebody from behind, particularly if you are traveling at more than 100 mph, it was your fault. And leaving the scene of the accident....come on. I don't know who was driving the car and I certainly hope that it wasn't Rad, but I don't know too many people that lend out their Ferrari Scuds at 12:30 am. Either way, I'm sure Rad is distraught and I wish him and the family/friends of the man who was killed the best.

2002M3Drew 08-13-2013 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR (Post 10682632)
Lets leave it to a judge.
We don't know who he might be protecting.
The lawyer is representing person(S).
No one knows if he was even there or who was driving at this point.
Maybe his wife, but Ferraris attract friends, we just don't know. Maybe he just ****ed up and fell asleep.

I'd get the best lawyer and do whatever he would tell me to do.

I only know him as a super nice guy and I know that's his car.
Maybe he screwed up and maybe not. Well find out eventually.

RIP to the driver in the Hyundai.
The car does not look too heavily damaged as opposed to the Fiat..

+1

odurandina 08-14-2013 12:23 AM

not trying to stir any pot but, it's one thing to crash into a stopped car or one that has invaded your right of way... 4

but, what about the fleeing the accident part?

Chicago Craig 08-14-2013 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by mklaskin (Post 10682814)
This happened to a friend many years ago. Very similar scenario where a car stopped in the middle of an expressway during a bad storm.

Happened to me on the Kennedy @ Fullerton, two cars up from me in the left lane. I slotted onto the shoulder, and the guy behind me took out the car in front of me. I remember watching an SUV in the middle-left lane go by backwards.

The instigator left.

After that, my wife never questioned the cost of rotors, pads, and tires, not to mention suspension upgrades.

Jamie_GT3 08-14-2013 03:49 AM

very sad for all involved.

kurt M 08-14-2013 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR (Post 10683005)
Guys, this is South Florida.
Even cars that are fine will enter the interstate to cross 4 lanes into the fast lane.

I used to drive Palm Beach to Miami every day at 4AM or earlier averaging 120 MPH, empty roads, working day and night, 20 years ago and I learned things since.

But I have repeatedly seen cars enter the distance, maybe recent Cuban, Haitian immigrants who are not required to take driving lessons still! or and 102 year old, you just never know here.

You see them enter, brake on the on ramp, accelerate from 20 MPH and they keep coming to the left without turn signal... you think, ok, maybe he likes the middle lane, ok, maybe the third, but no, sure enough with no other traffic in sight the go into the left lane at 55mph and I'm going 120mph, no big deal, you can go around it and after a while you even start anticipating.

Blown tire carcasses everywhere from the wrecks driving around on corded tires till they blow and once in a while they put a 90 degree turn in an interstate when 99% is straight and sure enough someone hits the wall every other day...

If it rains and it does every day in the summer, you will see 1 car crashed every 10 miles on avg..

Knowing all this you still were driving 120? Whoever was driving over 100 on a public highway, a Floriduh public highway at, that is wrong right out of the box. As you have said too many non drivers driving.

Originally Posted by odurandina (Post 10683419)
not trying to stir any pot but, it's one thing to crash into a stopped car or one that has invaded your right of way... 4

but, what about the fleeing the accident part?

This is a real bitch to esplain' away. Whoever was driving should have called 911 and rendered help to the other driver not beat feet for whatever reason they had.

mrbill_fl 08-14-2013 09:06 AM

again, lets not blame anyone yet.... plenty of time for the police to sort it out.

however, this opinion piece explains somethings.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/opi...,3765171.story

---
In Florida, if you throw back too many drinks, jump in a car and cause an accident that kills someone, you face a DUI manslaughter charge and a minimum of four years in prison.

But flee the scene to sober up and turn yourself in later, and you can shave years off your punishment — an unacceptable gap in state sentencing laws.

Penalties for drivers under the influence who kill someone are much steeper than for deadly drunk drivers who leave the scene.

Indeed, state law sets no minimum prison sentence for leaving the scene of a fatal crash. Even if you're somehow found to have been intoxicated at the time, the minimum prison term is just two years.[B/]

Compare that to someone convicted of DUI manslaughter, who faces an automatic term of four years.

Veloce Raptor 08-14-2013 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by kurt M (Post 10683902)
Knowing all this you still were driving 120? Whoever was driving over 100 on a public highway, a Floriduh public highway at, that is wrong right out of the box. As you have said too many non drivers driving.

+1

007DT 08-14-2013 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by mrbill_fl (Post 10683917)
again, lets not blame anyone yet.... plenty of time for the police to sort it out.

---
In Florida, if you throw back too many drinks, jump in a car and cause an accident that kills someone, you face a DUI manslaughter charge and a minimum of four years in prison.

But flee the scene to sober up and turn yourself in later, and you can shave years off your punishment — an unacceptable gap in state sentencing laws.

Penalties for drivers under the influence who kill someone are much steeper than for deadly drunk drivers who leave the scene.

Indeed, state law sets no minimum prison sentence for leaving the scene of a fatal crash. Even if you're somehow found to have been intoxicated at the time, the minimum prison term is just two years.[B/]

Compare that to someone convicted of DUI manslaughter, who faces an automatic term of four years.

Wow. What a F#**'d up law! That should be the opposite.

We've all made mistakes and no matter what the circumstances here drunk or not anyone who flees a scene particularly in a wicked crash that ended a life should man up. And to not call for help or render help to others is disgusting. IMO.

Veloce Raptor 08-14-2013 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by 007DT (Post 10683971)
And to not call for help or render help to others is disgusting. IMO.

+1

On a lighter note, sometimes I wish our interstates had this feature every 10 miles or so, to weed out the tards and the brain dead.

CW-VIESOCK 08-14-2013 09:33 AM

Exactly and this is part of the speed limit equation.

leejo 08-14-2013 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor (Post 10683941)
+1

Right? That made my eyebrows fly up as well.

-----

"an attorney reached out to FHP by email on Monday to say he had been hired to represent Delgado and another person."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/08/1...#storylink=cpy

One wonders who the other person might be. A teenaged son would certainly explain a lot, e.g.

TRAKCAR 08-14-2013 10:08 AM

This is a real bitch to esplain' away. Whoever was driving should have called 911 and rendered help to the other driver not beat feet for whatever reason they had.

I was and smarter now, but typically the only lights coming up on you would be police and we're talking leaving my house in 1 turn be on the interstate and my office was on the exit of the interstate. 20 years ago there were no cars at 3-4AM on work weeks except for the occasional car. In heavy traffic you have to be very defensive in your driving around here.

Another recent examples. Maybe 2 months ago, I look ahead, see a car spin and hit the wall in a cloud of smoke. I slow down tap brake lights put on 4 flashers. I could probably count to 10 before I saw another brake light and the car was nailed by 2 more cars..

Weekly I see cars going 25Mph unable to stay on the road bouncing of curbs. The cars look empty, very little people or short old people I guess..
Often 30 year old corolla's or ancient SUV's..
An then there are the 16 year old kids with 600 HP Mustangs and Porsches. What could go wrong?

Hoosier_Daddy 08-14-2013 10:11 AM

We've all made mistakes and no matter what the circumstances here drunk or not anyone who flees a scene particularly in a wicked crash that ended a life should man up. And to not call for help or render help to others is disgusting. IMO.

Just about as selfish an act a person can commit and it says a lot about their character. Just waiting to see to whom that character belongs.

sbelles 08-14-2013 10:15 AM

---

Yes, an unintended consequence of the crackdown on drunk driving. While I certainly don't condone DWI, recent harsher penalties have increased the incidence of people leaving the scene. Killing someone while DWI is an unintentional D-bag move. Leaving the scene is an intentional one and should be punished as such.

morsini 08-14-2013 10:21 AM

Miami International to Ft. Lauderdale on I95, 2 AM - Enzo passed me at well over 100 MPH. Then about 10 rice rockets passed me and a couple of the guys were doing wheelies at 100+ MPH. Woke me right up.

Falcondrivr 08-14-2013 10:41 AM

---

I know of a person who was following a SUV that hit a cyclist. The cyclist was thrown in the air and landed on her hood. There was a car behind that witnessed the event and verified the above scenario. The SUV took off and was never found. The cyclist had a BAL of .22. The driver in question had a BAL of .05.
In Florida, .08 is the BAL where a person is "presumed" to be impaired. She was convicted of vehicular manslaughter (key word "presumed") and is currently serving her 4 year sentence.
F'd up.

TRAKCAR 08-14-2013 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by morsini (Post 10684072)
Miami International to Ft. Lauderdale on I95, 2 AM - Enzo passed me at well over 100 MPH. Then about 10 rice rockets passed me and a couple of the guys were doing wheelies at 100+ MPH. Woke me right up.

I don't live far from I-95
Seems there are races all night long starting 3 AM. Superbikes mostly.

TRAKCAR 08-14-2013 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy (Post 10684058)
Just about as selfish an act a person can commit and it says a lot about their character. Just waiting to see to whom that character belongs.

I agree.

We have no idea what happened.
It has not been published if anyone knows if any help was rendered or who or how many people were there..

Looks bad and the red Ferrari will be in the news anytime there is any movement in this case.

buzztt 08-14-2013 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr (Post 10684112)
I know of a person who was following a SUV that hit a cyclist. The cyclist was thrown in the air and landed on her hood. There was a car behind that witnessed the event and verified the above scenario. The SUV took off and was never found. The cyclist had a BAL of .22. The driver in question had a BAL of .05.
In Florida, .08 is the BAL where a person is "presumed" to be impaired. She was convicted of vehicular manslaughter (key word "presumed") and is currently serving her 4 year sentence.
F'd up.

so they found the driver but not the SUV ? and the driver was under the limit but still convicted ?

ajcjr 08-14-2013 11:06 AM

Prayers to all involved. Lately to me it seems more and more people are in the left lane doing 40. When i was coming hom from WGI a couple of weeks ago i ran into multiple areas where we were crawling and i looked way ahead and notice the freeway was clear, only to find out there were 3 cars in the middle lane doing 45 on Rt 17!!!! On the LIE here on the Island you see it all the time. I do not approve of speeding or racing on the street but i also feel the authorities should be looking at slower traffic as more of a hazard than people flowing at 80mph.

Streak 08-14-2013 11:19 AM

He could have been getting chased by ninjas.

mrbill_fl 08-14-2013 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR (Post 10684121)
I don't live far from I-95
Seems there are races all night long starting 3 AM. Superbikes mostly.

The stretch of I75 where this occurred, is at least 4 lanes (per side), with a wide grass median. (w. a very nice flat surface)

-it would not be the worst place to run a car at speed.

once rush hour is over, it is the less traveled highway...(much better than I95 or the turnpike)

I doubt anyone here is without fault for driving too fast on public roads.

This is a life changing event for the owner and driver.

Something to think about late at night on the open road...

TRAKCAR 08-14-2013 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by mrbill_fl (Post 10684242)
The stretch of I75 where this occurred, is at least 4 lanes (per side), with a wide grass median. (w. a very nice flat surface)

-it would not be the worst place to run a car at speed.

once rush hour is over, it is the less traveled highway...(much better than I95 or the turnpike)

I doubt anyone here is without fault for driving too fast on public roads.

This is a life changing event for the owner and driver.

Something to think about late at night on the open road...

+1.
Just to be clear when I say there seem to be night races, it's because I can hear them in the wintertime with the windows open safely in bed :bigbye:

I've don't street race, usually I just putter around and maybe I was a bit naughty running the tail of the dragon and the occasional fun on the on or off ramp...

Its the long stretches at night on the empty interstate where everyone drives about 90Mph... It 3 hours home in a straight line with no cars in sight, hard to not be dreaming of autobahn speeds and be home in 1 hour...

It seems that the speeds go higher in "packs" if 8+ cars are going 115Mph+ there is less risk of all getting pulled over. Maybe 5 years ago I was driving back from North Florida on the Turnpike and I could not stay with the train as I had a car at the time that would only go 115Mph....

This was just calm driving with plenty of room between the cars.

Cops create the scariest situations for me around here, like when everyone was cruising at about 80 Mph in a 70Mph and a cruiser floored it in front of the group and he was fish tailing in the dirt making huge dirt clouds and also still fish tailing while entering the interstate from the left shoulder scaring the **** out of a couple of drivers who slammed on their brakes and almost caused a multi car wreck.

I've also come inches from getting T boned by an undercover cop with lights but no sound in a hurry to write someone a ticket, if I would not have looked left while green I would have been done for, he was going about 100mph in a 35Mph.

Falcondrivr 08-14-2013 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by buzztt (Post 10684150)
so they found the driver but not the SUV ? and the driver was under the limit but still convicted ?

The SUV and it's driver kept going. The woman in jail now was in her car behind the SUV. She was convicted with a BAL of .05, under the legal limit.
That's the thing, .08 is the limit at which one is "presumed to be impaired." you can be convicted of DUI at a lower BAL, it's just a harder case for the state atty. in this case, the woman had 2 Corona Light 12 oz bottles in a 90 minute period after work on a Friday night.
The cyclist was so drunk it was amazing he was concious (before dying.)

It is the unfortunate result of over enforcement. You can be sitting in your car at a light with a BAL somewhere under the limit, but more than .001. Someone rear-ends you. A passenger in the car that hits you dies. You are going to jail.

scott40 08-14-2013 02:08 PM

When you consider the IQ of some folks, it's scary to think that you're on the road with them, let alone the highway, and that's assuming they are sober.

MJSpeed 08-14-2013 02:09 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with those who have lost a loved one.

Whomever was driving the Fiat is responsible for the incident and subsequently someone's life. That person and their passenger (if there was one) fled the scene. Now the authorities and attorneys will take it from there. Those are the facts.

No matter what happens from here on out, it won't bring back someone's life partner/spouse. We must all think about these unfortunate events when driving on public roads no matter what time or where. You break the law and you're responsible for the consequences.

I'm no hypocrite so as the song says if you can't do the time...

BC 08-14-2013 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr (Post 10684460)
The SUV and it's driver kept going. The woman in jail now was in her car behind the SUV. She was convicted with a BAL of .05, under the legal limit.
That's the thing, .08 is the limit at which one is "presumed to be impaired." you can be convicted of DUI at a lower BAL, it's just a harder case for the state atty. in this case, the woman had 2 Corona Light 12 oz bottles in a 90 minute period after work on a Friday night.
The cyclist was so drunk it was amazing he was concious (before dying.)

It is the unfortunate result of over enforcement. You can be sitting in your car at a light with a BAL somewhere under the limit, but more than .001. Someone rear-ends you. A passenger in the car that hits you dies. You are going to jail.

So if she had had no beers, she would have just been fine, legally?

leejo 08-14-2013 02:52 PM

yeah I'm lost. From what I've read we have three parties - 1. the drunk cyclist who died, 2. the driver of the SUV who hit the cyclist and left the scene, 3. the driver of a car behind the SUV who did nothing wrong from what I can tell other than drink 2 beers in 90 minutes.

What am I missing? Apologies if I'm just missing a salient detail.

cfjan 08-14-2013 03:11 PM

The drunk cyclist landed on the 2nd car's hood, according to the post on last page.

But yeah, seems pretty crazy that she is responsible...

User 52121 08-14-2013 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by BC (Post 10684703)
So if she had had no beers, she would have just been fine, legally?

Sounds like it.

This is not legal advice - but my lawyer always told me, "NEVER EVER BLOW. EVER."

The .08 is simply a guideline. You can be convicted with even .0001. Falcon's friend found that out the hard way. She blew a .05 - all that did was provide hard, concrete evidence that she had SOME alcohol in her system at the time of the accident. That's generally good enough... BAC does not directly translate to actual impairedness. For some folks, say a regular drinker, they can be over .08 and be totally 100% fine. But someone who would be considered a "lightweight" - aka someone who hardly ever drinks, one beer can be enough to give them a buzz and impair them... even though their BAC is below .08.

It's the impairedness that's dangerous, not the BAC. The BAC "limit" is just a guideline.

My lawyer's advice to not blow was based on him having a better chance at getting you off any charges if there ISN'T concrete evidence showing that you had alcohol in your system. In IL, the whole "mandatory license suspension for refusing to blow" isn't so mandatory if you have a good attorney...

996toomey 08-14-2013 03:41 PM

According to this owner of car has met with police, no arrest made and nothing else new to report at this time.

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/lo...o-fatal-crash/

iLLM3 08-14-2013 05:32 PM

Wow. What a F#**'d up law! That should be the opposite.

AGREED.. Florida is so ass backwards… I moved down here almost 3 years ago and the drivers are just THE WORST.. Average speeds are like 85-90 on the highway and no cops in sight anymore, they truly do not car.. nor do the drivers

This is still a disgusting act, fleeing the scene of a now vehicular manslaughter… whomever was driving obviously had something to hide ! In a collision like that, even if you are scared out of your mind, if you weren't illegally doing something/and or MANY things most would stay at the scene of the accident.. How did he even get away? Where did he go, another car following? I'd like to hear the verdict of this.

In the mean time, RIP to the soul lost from this tragedy, too sad…

I've spoken to Rad over the years, always brash but a cool dude.. very knowledgeable

I truly hope he wasn't driving, either or, it doesn't change the pain from this tragic accident and loss...

Falcondrivr 08-14-2013 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by OmniGLH (Post 10684850)
Sounds like it.

This is not legal advice - but my lawyer always told me, "NEVER EVER BLOW. EVER."

The .08 is simply a guideline. You can be convicted with even .0001. Falcon's friend found that out the hard way. She blew a .05 - all that did was provide hard, concrete evidence that she had SOME alcohol in her system at the time of the accident. That's generally good enough... BAC does not directly translate to actual impairedness. For some folks, say a regular drinker, they can be over .08 and be totally 100% fine. But someone who would be considered a "lightweight" - aka someone who hardly ever drinks, one beer can be enough to give them a buzz and impair them... even though their BAC is below .08.

It's the impairedness that's dangerous, not the BAC. The BAC "limit" is just a guideline.

My lawyer's advice to not blow was based on him having a better chance at getting you off any charges if there ISN'T concrete evidence showing that you had alcohol in your system. In IL, the whole "mandatory license suspension for refusing to blow" isn't so mandatory if you have a good attorney...

Exactly. She would not have even been cited if she had 0 BAC. The car behind her saw the whole thing and said there was no way she could have avoided the guy falling out of the sky onto her hood.
4 years....
Take a cab people.
Also, you can be convicted of DUI even if you don't blow. It's just a harder case for the prosecutor. Unless of course, you are one of those falling down drunks on video from the cops dash cam...

JG 996T 08-14-2013 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr (Post 10685153)
Also, you can be convicted of DUI even if you don't blow. It's just a harder case for the prosecutor. Unless of course, you are one of those falling down drunks on video from the cops dash cam...

Better check your statutes. In some states, automatic loss of license for refusal to blow, and when they arrest you, they can take your blood and convict for refusal, and DUI based on blood test (and/or the video of you falling down). Double whammy.

So, any further news on the Ferrari driver (owner)?

User 52121 08-14-2013 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by JG 996T (Post 10685176)
Better check your statutes. In some states, automatic loss of license for refusal to blow, and when they arrest you, they can take your blood and convict of refusal,

As far as IL goes, it's pretty much the same way... though I know more than 1 person (not me, honest) who has beaten the "automatic loss of license" and gotten that part thrown out.

Though in IL, you can get out of pretty much any conviction by agreeing to just pay a larger fine....

sbelles 08-14-2013 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by cfjan (Post 10684806)
The drunk cyclist landed on the 2nd car's hood, according to the post on last page.

But yeah, seems pretty crazy that she is responsible...

Either that's another example on an asinine mandatory sentence or she had a crappy lawyer.

User 52121 08-14-2013 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by sbelles (Post 10685263)
Either that's another example on an asinine mandatory sentence or she had a crappy lawyer.

Or there is more to the story than we (and even Falcon) are aware of.

Have to figure something had to happen to cause the officer to administer a test in the first place. Slurred speech, maybe a little tipsy, maybe a strong scent of alcohol on her breath.... ?

Falcondrivr 08-14-2013 06:29 PM

She admitted that she was coming from happy hour to her home. Didn't think it would be a problem because she knew she hadn't had too much to drink.

leejo 08-14-2013 06:35 PM

Or he ran her license and it came back with some prior convictions. Would love to see a link to the full story...

Oh that's right you know her. So no priors? Just said going home from 2 beers and bang? That's insane.

Something to ponder: http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ail&FORM=VIRE2

User 52121 08-14-2013 06:45 PM

Could also have been a cop looking for the DUI conviction to add to his quota.

mrbill_fl 08-14-2013 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by 996toomey (Post 10684864)
According to this owner of car has met with police, no arrest made and nothing else new to report at this time.

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/lo...o-fatal-crash/

er, conflicting report.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/bro...,2800863.story

The owner of the Ferrari sports car, involved in an Interstate 75 crash that killed a Southwest Ranches man, has invoked his right to remain silent, telling homicide investigators he will not answer any questions related to the high-speed collision, police said Wednesday.

Questions like: Was Radomin Delgado behind the wheel of his 430 Scuderia when it plowed into the back of a Hyundai Sonata at 12:30 a.m. Saturday?

"He did not want to speak to us," said Florida Highway Patrol spokesman Dallani Garcia-Cruz. "He made no statements."

The same attorney also represents Delgado's wife, Patricia Verde, co-owner of the Ferrari, said FHP spokesman Jose Sanchez. Sanchez would not release the lawyer's name.

Either way, I doubt an attorney would let the police SEE the owner.
police want to see if he has any injuries from the crash...

consolidated 08-14-2013 09:29 PM

A cautionary tale to all of us. We all much to lose. Very sad situation all around.

996toomey 08-14-2013 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by mrbill_fl (Post 10685601)
er, conflicting report.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/bro...,2800863.story

The owner of the Ferrari sports car, involved in an Interstate 75 crash that killed a Southwest Ranches man, has invoked his right to remain silent, telling homicide investigators he will not answer any questions related to the high-speed collision, police said Wednesday.

Questions like: Was Radomin Delgado behind the wheel of his 430 Scuderia when it plowed into the back of a Hyundai Sonata at 12:30 a.m. Saturday?

"He did not want to speak to us," said Florida Highway Patrol spokesman Dallani Garcia-Cruz. "He made no statements."

The same attorney also represents Delgado's wife, Patricia Verde, co-owner of the Ferrari, said FHP spokesman Jose Sanchez. Sanchez would not release the lawyer's name.

Either way, I doubt an attorney would let the police SEE the owner.
police want to see if he has any injuries from the crash...

From the story in the link you posted.

"FHP investigators said they could not comment on his appearance when they saw him Tuesday."

mrbill_fl 08-14-2013 11:29 PM

-You are correct. The story was updated, after I read it and posted.
8:46 p.m. EDT, August 14, 2013

anyway, I guess he is OK, then.

C2 Turbo 08-15-2013 12:45 PM

We all can make mistakes but there's no excuse for leaving the scene of an accident not to mention any excuse for DUI.

I wish they could some how find out who the driver was (which they will) and if he/she was intoxicated or not and punish the person accordingly :to_order:

FrankyV 08-15-2013 01:01 PM

After many years of driving fast cars too fast on public roads, I have wised up before something tragic happens to me or someone else. I realized that I have the same issues as any other addict, I can't get behind the wheel of a nearly 400 hp car and not speed excessively, although I never drive impaired. So I have dumped my street Porsche and got a pickup truck, which is really no fun to go fast in, for daily driving and have taken "save it for the track" advice to heart. Stories like this confirm the wisdom of that decision.

Veloce Raptor 08-15-2013 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by SkankyFrank (Post 10687097)
After many years of driving fast cars too fast on public roads, I have wised up before something tragic happens to me or someone else. I realized that I have the same issues as any other addict, I can't get behind the wheel of a nearly 400 hp car and not speed excessively, although I never drive impaired. So I have dumped my street Porsche and got a pickup truck, which is really no fun to go fast in, for daily driving and have taken "save it for the track" advice to heart. Stories like this confirm the wisdom of that decision.

+1, Frank, well said!!!

morsini 08-15-2013 02:57 PM

Should have bought a Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior, corners like it's on rails! :roflmao:

85Gold 08-15-2013 03:03 PM

Occam's Razor

Peter

kurt M 08-15-2013 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by mrbill_fl (Post 10685970)
-You are correct. The story was updated, after I read it and posted.
8:46 p.m. EDT, August 14, 2013

anyway, I guess he is OK, then.

The quote from Pulp fiction "I am Mother %#$G Far from OK" comes to mind.

This. ^ Have exceded the speed limits a time or 3 but nothing crazy. I also have become slower on the street the faster I am at the track.

This kind of thing is sad all around. One thing for "sh!T happens" accdent. Another thing all together when a "what did you expect?" type happens.

dmcampbell 08-15-2013 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by OmniGLH (Post 10685295)
Or there is more to the story than we (and even Falcon) are aware of.

She talked!

BigMikeATL 08-15-2013 03:55 PM

I just read this thread except for posts from the moral high ground.

So is Radomin Delgado a RL member?

FACT: The Ferrari driver is a douchebag.

RIP and prayers for the innocent victims in this accident.

Eifeler 08-15-2013 04:57 PM

That worked for a while. Wasn't long before the truck ended up with 500+HP. Resistance is futile.

FrankyV 08-15-2013 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Eifeler (Post 10687673)
That worked for a while. Wasn't long before the truck ended up with 500+HP. Resistance is futile.

I LOL'ed at that...yeah the speed jones should be a recognized psychological disorder

CW-VIESOCK 08-15-2013 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr (Post 10685303)
... knew she hadn't had too much to drink.

I knew this a once, like the time I left a party when I was 19 and couldn't figure out how to start my Kawasaki GPZ1100, a bike I rebuilt from ground up. I pushed it 3 miles in the rain, stopped, curled up next to it and fell asleep under an I-74 overpass. I woke up at dawn, turn the petcock to on and fired it up. Last time I drank and tried to operate a motor vehicle. Luck has always been my friend.

A.Wayne 08-15-2013 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor (Post 10683979)
+1

On a lighter note, sometimes I wish our interstates had this feature every 10 miles or so, to weed out the tards and the brain dead.

:roflmao:

kurt M 08-16-2013 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by CW-VIESOCK (Post 10687818)
I knew this a once, like the time I left a party when I was 19 and couldn't figure out how to start my Kawasaki GPZ1100, a bike I rebuilt from ground up. I pushed it 3 miles in the rain, stopped, curled up next to it and fell asleep under an I-74 overpass. I woke up at dawn, turn the petcock to on and fired it up. Last time I drank and tried to operate a motor vehicle. Luck has always been my friend.

Way back when "One for the road" was SOP I drank myself one eyed stupid drunk and tried to drive my car. For real I remember that I was closing one eye to reduce the number of roads I was trying to stay on. I pulled into a parking lot about 1/2 a mile along to try and fish the pack of ciggs out from between the seats and lucky for me and all around I ended up having a nice long 6 hour nap after having that smoke. That one was too close for comfort.

Some of us take the moral high ground having crawled all the way there. From 1976 to 1979 I lost 4 peers to drunks. 2 were the drunks 2 were hit by them. I figured I did not want to be in ether group. I see people doing stupid **** on the road all the time. Tripple digit speeds, face in a phone or both has suplanted "one for the road".

dasams 08-16-2013 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by FrankyV (Post 10687097)
I realized that I have the same issues as any other addict, I can't get behind the wheel of a nearly 400 hp car and not speed excessively,

After I bought my 911, I couldn't resist a little speeding. But after my first day on the track, driving fast on public streets just didn't satisfy and the urge to speed dissipated.

NorCal DE cup at thill just two weeks away...:jumper:

My993C2 08-16-2013 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by dasams (Post 10689576)
After I bought my 911, I couldn't resist a little speeding. But after my first day on the track, driving fast on public streets just didn't satisfy and the urge to speed dissipated.

What I noticed was that there was no way I could drive at the limit on the public roads like I could drive at the track. So what is the point of trying to drive fast on the public roads when you can't really drive fast without putting everyone's ife at risk. Technically I do speed on the public roads, but I am no where close to driving "fast" like I could drive on the track as I am only a few clicks over the speed limits.

The only thing that has bummed me out (though my bank account is happier) is that I lost access to my local race track as it permanently closed at the end of the 2011 season with only rumors of a replacement surfacing and those rumors are at least 2 or more years away from becoming a reality. But I did find a replacement and a mighty fine replacement it is. I am now racing Karts and to tell you the truth my Kart (a 2 stroke Rotax DD2) is even more fun to drive than my 993 was. My Kart is like a mini Formula car. :burnout:

PS: Welcome back "A Wayne". We haven't seen you on here for the last few seasons. I was beginning to think something happened to you. But I see you are fine.

CW-VIESOCK 08-16-2013 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by dasams (Post 10689576)
But after my first day on the track, driving fast on public streets just didn't satisfy...

That sums it up nicely.

theporscheguy 08-19-2013 11:25 PM

So, any updates on this???

mrbill_fl 08-20-2013 06:50 PM

IMHO,
This will probably go the way the Ryan Levin case went. (TT killed 2 British tourists in 2009 off the Ft lauderdale strip ). (http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...eanfront-condo)

The police ended up placing Levin in the car based on cell phone towers.

I think it was about 2 years before a settlement, and basically his family paid off the British survivors families.

I doubt we will hear much for quite a while, until the SAO has a case...

mdrums 08-21-2013 01:44 PM

I don't know but always feel that if you have a ton of money and or a huge umbrella policy this all goes away quietly. We may never know the outcome.

kurt M 08-21-2013 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by mdrums (Post 10701585)
I don't know but always feel that if you have a ton of money and or a huge umbrella policy this all goes away quietly. We may never know the outcome.

Outcomes. One outcome of all of this so far is there is a dead guy and a hurt guy.

STRIKEMASTER 08-25-2013 07:37 PM

To the driver of the "killa Ferrari". In New Jersey, leaving the scene of an accident is a FELONY! (Say Fel-o-neee, dirt bag) And gets you hard time EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT AT FAULT in the accident!!! Living just across the bridge from 'Filthadelfia' I see 'drivers' (using the term very loosely) texting, reading, making out, rolling up, doing makeup, looking everywhere but at the road ETC. I've found a nice piece of back road that's well paved, with a passing lane every few miles and very little traffic where I can wind out my 'Shark' a LITTLE, about 80mph, once and a while. Otherwise I drive my 928 euro in a very conservative manner because I consider it to be an un-replaceable car!! When I was learning to drive back in the '60s my dad told me-"Driving is probably the ONLY thing you'll ever do, where if you screw up, you can get killed or kill someone else. SO DON'T SCREW UP!!!

leejo 09-02-2013 07:09 PM

Was thinking about this story when I saw that as of yesterday TX has closed this loophole:

SB 275
Hit-and-run fatality crashes will now carry the same penalty as intoxication manslaughter, up to 20 years in prison. Lawmakers noticed that drivers might leave the scene of the crime if they were drunk because it would mean a lesser charge.

Any updates on this story? I've searched the interwebs about once a week since I saw this thread start up, but not a peep since the driver kinda met with the popo...

007DT 09-30-2013 06:38 PM

Fitting

I'll be the first to admit that I've driven when I shouldn't but I still can't believe that ppl will not face the music.. particularly when you take a life..

This is a powerful short video..

177mph 05-13-2014 03:10 PM

Any updates on this story?

Falcondrivr 05-13-2014 03:26 PM

Current rumor around the track is that his wife may have been driving...

mrbill_fl 05-28-2014 09:48 AM

update: victim's partner sues ferrari owner (civil)

police have still not filed any charges

According to the civil complaint filed in Miami-Dade Circuit Court, Delgado called his wife, Patricia Verde, and she picked him up.

Verde, registered as a co-owner of the Ferrari, is named as a co-defendant in the civil suit.

Delgado was a frequent participant in regional sportscar competitions and was featured in a YouTube video driving a car called The Beast. As an advanced driver he took part in time trials and open driving groups, according to the National Auto Sport Association.

Not long before the crash, he had been named an instructor in the organization's high-performance driving school.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-...,2837648.story

996FLT6 05-28-2014 11:59 AM

^From that report sounds like his wife picked him up after the crash. Anyway that's messed up whoever was driving the Ferrari. Mike

mdrums 05-30-2014 10:13 AM

In a crash.....don't you stay at the crash site, render assistance if you can and wait for the police and ambulance to arrive?.....and not run away from the scene of the accident

JG 996T 05-30-2014 10:22 AM

Felony. Can't believe they haven't filed criminal charges yet.

RDCR 05-30-2014 11:38 AM

Moral here: "don't blow, just go" - $ and a good lawyer will take care of the rest! :(

User 52121 05-30-2014 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by RDykmans (Post 11404530)
Moral here: "don't blow, just go" - $ and a good lawyer will take care of the rest! :(

As crappy as it is - that's pretty much exactly what my attorney always told me. "Unless you're POSITIVE you will blow a 0.0, don't blow. We'll take care of it in court later."

JG 996T 05-30-2014 12:34 PM

Failure to blow is a statutory automatic loss of license in many States.

Falcondrivr 05-30-2014 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by JG 996T (Post 11404717)

Here in Florida, it's 6 months automatic suspension. 1st DUI is 1 year, plus all of the fees and fines. However, one can be convicted of DUI without blowing, based upon other evidence.

As to why in this case they haven't filed criminal charges: they have to be able to prove who was driving. You can't file criminal cahrges against the owner of the car if someone else was the driver.

User 52121 05-30-2014 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by JG 996T (Post 11404717)

It is here in IL too but with this crooked state nothing is truly "mandatory" or "automatic" if you have a good attorney.

mrbill_fl 05-30-2014 05:36 PM

IIRC, FL just changed the law on leaving the scene of an accident with injuries. I think its a year in jail, but not positive.

Cell phone towers will probably be used to place one of the owners in the car. -if not behind the wheel. -same for the pickup driver.

in the case of Ryan levin, he was able to settle a civil suit with the families of those he killed.
in this case civil settlement may not be enough, to avoid prison.

This CIVIL suit might give them access to the phone records/ tower pings.. and make the case for the SAO

85Gold 09-18-2014 06:39 PM

http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#secti.../p2p-81405433/

Peter

sbelles 09-18-2014 06:46 PM

I hope they throw the book at both of them.

Coochas 09-18-2014 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by 85Gold (Post 11659736)

Thanks for posting that link. I've thought about this case a number of times and hadn't seen anything related to it.

It's bad enough to cause such a reckless accident but to flee the scene without seeing if anyone was hurt is unforgivable.

mrbill_fl 09-19-2014 08:59 AM

UPdate: arrest is made... -Please take it to the track! *(85gold posted same story/link)
-in the video, cbs news states: cell phone records placed Delgato behind the wheel....

It took 404 days, but on Thursday, the police finally came for race car driver Radomin Delgado.

Just after midnight on Aug. 10, 2013, Jorge Arrojas and Miguel Larrieu were heading home to Southwest Ranches after a late dinner with friends in Bal Harbour. Arrojas was at the wheel of his Hyundai Sonata, Larrieu riding next to him.

"Be careful," Larrieu admonished his partner of 40 years. "Watch your speed."

Just two or three minutes later, there was a noise like an explosion as Delgado's cherry red Ferrari F430 Scuderia rear-ended the Hyundai, which hit a third car, a Saturn, before tumbling end over end and slamming into the median.

The driver of the Ferrari fled the scene, either on foot or was picked up by someone.

A few days after the wreck, Larrieu recalled that Arrojas "was slumped over, his head on my chest, almost as though he were trying to protect me."

Now, he was alone in the home the two men had built, alone with dogs, cats, chickens and the Paso Fino horses they raised.

Police couldn't be sure who was behind the Ferrari's wheel when the crash occurred.

But Thursday, the Florida Highway Patrol said it was Delgado, who had been a person of interest all along. The FHP charged him with leaving the scene of a crash involving death, a first-degree felony. He was booked into the Turner Guilford Knight correctional center in Miami-Dade, jail records show.

Delgado was a race-car driver who still holds two Florida track records with the National Auto Sport Association. He and his F430 "Scud" completed the Homestead-Miami Speedway's 2.3-mile Grand Am course in just one minute, 26.7 seconds. The record has held since Delgado set it on March 11, 2012. His record of two minutes, 17 seconds at the 3.7-mile Sebring International Raceway still stands as well.

On Oct. 17, 2012, Delgado was ticketed for traveling 105 miles per hour on Interstate-75 near Griffin Road.

After months of inaction, Larrieu filed a civil lawsuit in May that alleged Delgado was driving impaired and collided with Arrojas' Sonata while traveling more than 100 miles per hour. The lawsuit also claimed that Delgado called his wife, Patricia Verde, who then picked him up. She was named as a co-defendant. According to Larrieu's lawyer, Michael Goldfarb, the suit was settled out of court this summer; details of the settlement are confidential.

Until Thursday, Larrieu thought that might be the closest he came to justice.

"Nothing is going to bring Jorge back, but it's good that we can count on the American justice system," Larrieu said Thursday by phone, after he learned of Delgado's arrest.

Like Arrojas, Larrieu came to the United States from Cuba as a boy in the early 1960s. Larrieu came with his family, and Arrojas, like 14,000 other Cuban children at the time, came to the States alone. He wound up at an orphanage in Lansing, Mich. The two men met at a party in Miami in the early 1980s.

"He was 20 and I was 22 when we first met. We lived a nice life in Southwest Ranches. I wouldn't change that for anything in the world. God was good to me for having those wonderful years," Larrieu said. "He was my best friend, my brother, my life long companion for 40 years."

Larrieu hung up the phone then. He could not continue.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/bro...0,848296.story

utkinpol 09-20-2014 10:17 AM

Ugly story and it only shows that no one is saint. Still, it is most stupid thing to run from the scene. It makes all much worse, and usually always gets back to you.

Falcondrivr 09-20-2014 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by utkinpol (Post 11663031)
Ugly story and it only shows that no one is saint. Still, it is most stupid thing to run from the scene. It makes all much worse, and usually always gets back to you.

Actually, not. DUI manslaughter = 20 years. Leaving the scene =maybe 1-3?
I'm making the assumption that at 3:00 am on a Saturday night he had at least some alcohol in his system. If someone dies, they will convict you of DUI manslaughter with ANY alcohol on your blood. You don't have to be over the .08 limit.

85Gold 09-20-2014 01:07 PM

So it's OK to drive like an idiot and wreck another car and not even see if you can help. Must be the new ethics of all about me and screw anybody else. :grr: Pretty frickin cold blooded IMHO

Peter

Falcondrivr 09-20-2014 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by 85Gold (Post 11663295)
So it's OK to drive like an idiot and wreck another car and not even see if you can help. Must be the new ethics of all about me and screw anybody else. :grr: Pretty frickin cold blooded IMHO

Peter

I don't think that was directed at me. But please understand I'm not advocating that at all. Just calling attention to some fukced up laws...

tlarocque 09-20-2014 02:05 PM

I think we all knew this was the real story.

Rad was a fun and helpful forum member and his former 6-GT3 that I owned for a while was probably the best track car I have owned but I absolutely cannot comprehend how you could cause an accident like that and just flee the scene. Selfish, cowardly.

adrial 09-20-2014 03:43 PM

Wow, I remember watching Rad autocross a boxster in NJ back in the early 2000's...

How things change... Really dissapointing behavior. He always seemed like a "turn it up to 11" type of guy... But drinking/driving/fleeing the scene is a whole other level.

utkinpol 09-20-2014 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr (Post 11663364)
I don't think that was directed at me. But please understand I'm not advocating that at all. Just calling attention to some fukced up laws...

In my opinion this law exists exactly for the reason to prevent people getting killed by scuds driven above 100mph by drunk people after midnight.

mongrelcat 09-20-2014 09:31 PM

Found via google search, Daily Mail is now reporting this story:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...0-Ferrari.html

Also, some blog posts purportedly from a family member of the victim:
http://morfodidia.wordpress.com/tag/radomin-delgado/

wanna911 09-20-2014 09:58 PM

Wow at the detailed track records.......

No comment on Rad. Cant even think of a way to sugar coat what I think of those actions.

mrbill_fl 09-21-2014 10:22 AM

Fla law just was just changed to add teeth to leaving scene of accident with injuries. Prior to the new law there was really no legal incentive to stay and help, if you were impaired/dui.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news...r.html?cid=rss

"Right now, as the law stands, the people have an incentive, or no disincentive to leave the scene of an accident," said Florida Rep. Bryan Nelson, R-District 31.

Right now if you drive drunk and hit and kill someone, you'll get a minimum of four years in jail.

If you flee the scene and law enforcement can't prove you were drunk, troopers said there is no minimum sentence.

Under the new bill, offenders would get four years minimum for leaving the scene of an accident if you kill or seriously harm someone. You would lose your license for three years and need to take a driving class to get it back.

Joy said she supports the new bill.

"We didn't know that there were unintended consequences about the laws that were on the books. It's our obligation to fix them," said Nelson.

But News 13's legal analyst Mark Nejame said he's not in favor of the bill.

"Judges should have the ability to render a sentence," NeJame said. "That is why we have judges and I think that mandatory minimum laws are created by politicians looking to get votes in their district because it sounds like they are getting tough on crime."

onapex 09-21-2014 03:18 PM

Reminds me of another deadly hit-and-run last year. Nissan GTR hits 90-year-old man at 5am. Stops, thinks about, drives off. Alcohol probably involved as well. And probably same line of reasoning, better to flee than to get arrested with alcohol in system. Sad that the GTR community hasn't ID'ed this guy. Can't be hard to figure who owns that GTR. Tragic accidents happen, but cowards to flee the scene.

Courtshark 09-24-2014 02:58 PM

In that GTR video the guy didn't immediately drive off, and the dash cam operator with awful musical taste clearly went and talked to him; probably either knew him, or at least got his license number. Plus a forensic video expert could slow the video down to catch the tag number. No need to rely on the GTR community on this one.