Sponsored by:

FS: 2001 Pace 24' Trailer $3500

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:03 PM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SOLD FS: 2001 Pace 24' Trailer $3500 SOLD

SOLD 2001 Pace American Rallye, less miles than typical for this year as my brother in Cleveland bought it new and only went to tracks in Ohio (Mid-Ohio, Nelson's Ledges) a few times before he blew up his track car's engine and gave up racing. (Unfortunately, I am not as smart as he is and am determined to press on.) Then it sat until 2011 and I have used it more typically, twice to SP, twice to WG, once to Sebring, once to RA.

In March 2012:four new radial tires and wheels, new brake shoes, new battery and breakaway switch, wheel bearing service and new seals and MD safety inspection. It has no options, no fancy cabinets, no expensive tire rack, just a home built wood tire rack on the floor in front, a couple of hooks on the walls and two extra tie down points up front to accommodate a rear-engined car. Consider yourself Monet and this your blank canvas to improve and modify as you see fit. I did at first but can barely keep the car on the track so I never got around to fixing it up beyond the zero dollar tire rack. The old wheels and tires go with it, I use the best two for spares. This thing is dead reliable, having never let me or my brother down, not even a flat tire, despite running on the original tires for over ten years.

The floor, ceiling and walls are bare plywood, sealed in strategic locations with the highest quality automotive fluids. The outside is ruggedly handsome, showing its 14 years of abuse at the hands of guys who can not drive trailers for squat and their careless families, just like you and yours. The frame has a nice rusty patina endemic to all rolling things that live in Ohio, but is 100% structurally sound. Weight is 3130#, payload capacity is 3870# and GVWR is 7000#.

I am asking $3,500 and would consider a trade down to an open trailer. I carry nothing in this that I can't put on an open trailer, I have no fancy paint job to protect anymore, plus I can get a smaller tow vehicle (things have come full circle).

Will be at NJMP for the PCA Race if not sold by then.
Attached Images     

Last edited by FrankyV; 08-17-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:45 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

pm sent
Old 08-13-2013, 04:00 PM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Bump, I have committed to buy an open trailer and am open to offers.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:24 AM
grrrmonster
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I have an open trailer-- willing to take it and some cash?
pm sent
Old 08-14-2013, 05:58 AM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by grrrmonster
I have an open trailer-- willing to take it and some cash?
pm sent
Need to sell outright as I have agreed to purchase an aluminum open trailer. PM sent
Old 08-17-2013, 10:34 AM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Default SOLD SOLD SOLD

SOLD to a local drag racer through Cragislist

Quick Reply: FS: 2001 Pace 24' Trailer $3500