Sponsored by:

Front Shield Trailex

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 09:26 PM
troos
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front Shield Trailex

Anyone fabricated their own front shield for a Trailex. I could use some specs or tips if you have.
Thanks.
Tom
Old 04-23-2013, 12:39 AM
TomGT3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ looking for the same info.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:28 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I assume you know that you can buy the sheild from Trailex and add it to your trailer for $732? If you build one, you will want to provide for access through the sheild similar to what Trailex does. Without that access loading & unloading will be a bit more difficult.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
I assume you know that you can buy the sheild from Trailex and add it to your trailer for $732? If you build one, you will want to provide for access through the sheild similar to what Trailex does. Without that access loading & unloading will be a bit more difficult.
To add - It's worth buying the Trailex one. You'll spend a couple hundred to get the vinyl made with the zipper in it and what you make won't last nearly as long.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:35 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have (slight) trouble operating the winch with mine because the handle hits the zipper at the top left corner unless I hold vinyl out of the way. Does anyone else have trouble with this?
Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 PM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I own a composite company that builds racing sailboat parts. I have always wanted to build a composite shell for my trailex . I was involved once in designing and building a one design racing sailboat that was built using forum such as this and we used all the imput to come up with a design and cost that everyone was happy with and then we built accordingly. It is so easy with todays drawing programs and modern methods of fabrication to build a lightweight structure . Ill start by throwing out a box shape with driver side door that is just bigger than the sum of all porsches 911 and 944 that may fit into trailer. It is so easy because the trailer already has the perfect flange with slot to slide studs to fasten box into. I would also imagine V front with tire rack external? and winch accessable or flush under V nose with cover. This whole box could also be designed to ship by being modular.I just love my trailer but I am going from DE car that locks to race PCA GT race car that is open and I live in Washington. Attached pic is other P car project I am messing with to show the potential for this project I see that my membership seems to have expired so I cant post pictures.
www.autosearacing.com

Quick Reply: Front Shield Trailex