Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

What a trainwreck!! I gave up..
Old 04-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Canned email from mylaps

Dear Tim,

You have reported a support case 00009420 to us regarding the new website. We are sorry that the update caused trouble. Here with an answer to your question. May your questions or issues remain unsolved after this information, please let us know by replying to this email.
Can't find "my results" link
No results have been deleted. To see all your (old and current) practice results, you need to upgrade your account to the new website. Your history will be available once you have upgraded your account.
Your personal event results are not available in your account yet, but will be added later (as well as historical data). Event results can be found on the homepage or ‘Results’ page by selecting a sport and country.
You can find your practice results after logging in to your (upgraded) account.
How can I login to my upgraded account?
After upgrading your account, you can login with the email address you have indicated in the upgrade process (your old account credentials do not work anymore).
Your new password must be at least 6 characters and contain a lower-case letter, an upper-case letter and a number
I miss some functionalities
Some functionalities are not available yet, but will come back:
Overview of all practice locations
Check results of others

May your questions or issue remain unsolved after this feedback, please reply to this email.

Best regards,

MYLAPS Sports Timing
Old 04-19-2013, 11:27 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

Is there even a way to tell which class drivers are in?
Old 04-20-2013, 01:52 AM
Greg Phillips
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mahler9th
I saw this coming when I got an e-mail from them with "instructions" prior to the conversion/migration. It was pretty clear from that e-mail that things were gonna be pretty messy.

Sadly, I have not raced since RRIV, but I have empathy for those of you who have been recent active users of mylaps.

It is interesting to observe an enterprise with no apparent competition indeed make mistakes that surely could have been avoided in a number of ways. Not least of which is being clear and concise in communications to set customer expectations that would easily be met or better yet surpassed with aplomb.

I wonder if you could create a tool for use by SCCA, NASA, PCA Club Racing, BMWCCA Club Racing and others which would take a scanned AMB system output (or better yet some type of data file) and bring it into a different database and create your own version of mylaps for this type of audience.

Of course, in their defense, they are likely dealing with a lot of accounts and huge amounts of data. And I have enough experience with development projects to consider that they may have been up against some type of wall whereby they had to let her fly with reservations as opposed to waiting.

I wonder if they will apologize to customers/users.
In San Diego and Zone 8 we use our own timing system and database using AMB transponders.
http://results.pcasdr.org/pca.php?database=tt
Results include lap data from the event also by run group and can be sorted several different ways.
Greg
Old 04-20-2013, 09:28 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian P
Is there even a way to tell which class drivers are in?
No. Perhaps the most basic and most important function was eliminated.

Going to make filing for tire contingencies rather difficult.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:56 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Just received this:

Update about the MYLAPS website

Dear customer,

The launch of the new website should have been a very positive moment for you, our customers, as well as for all the people at MYLAPS that worked so hard in the last months to make it a success. However, I must admit that we have failed to live up to the high standards that we set for ourselves and that you rightfully set for us. As a result, the result and practice sections of our website have not gotten better but worse to use, and for that I am sorry.

Why did we change the old results website? Simply because the current demands on the website outgrew its capabilities. This resulted in overloaded servers with slow response-time and increasing down-time. Also, the old website did not allow to quickly add functionality that many of you have been asking for.

Therefore as we began working on our website we set ourselves the ambitious goal to make the website easier to use and to make it more suitable and stable for the ever increasing (mobile) traffic that we are experiencing year on year. From user feedback we learned that product and support information needed to be easier to find, with a clear and open navigation structure. Also, as we realized that most people use our website to check their results, we want to make it easier to find your results in an ever growing set of race and practice results. Moreover, as we get more requests for live result feeds and mobile apps, we have redone the entire data warehousing to dramatically increase the uptime and stability of the website.

To help you find your data faster it is crucial that we know who you are, so we can direct you to the right content immediately. Moreover, if we know who you are we can, for instance, help you remember to renew your FLEX subscription and in the future send you alerts if new results become available online for yourself or the racers you are following. Therefore we wanted to tie everything into one login. I now see that forcing a login does not make the website easier to use, especially as we are experiencing problems with the automatic migration of accounts from the old data warehouse to the newly built one. Additionally, since not all functionality has been implemented completely, the functionality of the new practice environment is too limited.

To correct the situation we will do the following in the coming days:

We will remove the need to login to see event results and put it back to where you have come to expect it: after the race results and before the individual lap times
We will revert back to the old practice environment where you can also see who is out on a certain track, until we have adequate functionality for the new one
We will keep working behind the scenes to make the migration process smoother. We will never throw out any information, so rest assured that we will tie your old data into your new account. We are doing everything we can to make that happen sooner rather than later.
Even though there are many advantages if you renew your FLEX transponder through your MYLAPS account, we will also make it possible to renew it the old way: through the web shop, until the account creation and migration process works flawlessly
Within a few weeks we hope release the functionality to receive alerts if new lap times or results are available for you

These steps are aimed at relieving the largest parts of the complaints we have received. I appreciate your patience and hope that you will stay with us to see what great things we have in store for you in the near future.

Best regards,

Bas van Rens
CEO - MYLAPS Sports Timing
Old 04-23-2013, 07:35 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

NOBODY that has ever actually used mylaps had anything to do with this "update".
Old 04-23-2013, 09:37 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Just received this:

Update about the MYLAPS website

Dear customer,

The launch of the new website should have been a very positive moment for you, our customers, as well as for all the people at MYLAPS that worked so hard in the last months to make it a success. However, I must admit that we have failed to live up to the high standards that we set for ourselves and that you rightfully set for us. As a result, the result and practice sections of our website have not gotten better but worse to use, and for that I am sorry.

Why did we change the old results website? Simply because the current demands on the website outgrew its capabilities. This resulted in overloaded servers with slow response-time and increasing down-time. Also, the old website did not allow to quickly add functionality that many of you have been asking for.

Therefore as we began working on our website we set ourselves the ambitious goal to make the website easier to use and to make it more suitable and stable for the ever increasing (mobile) traffic that we are experiencing year on year. From user feedback we learned that product and support information needed to be easier to find, with a clear and open navigation structure. Also, as we realized that most people use our website to check their results, we want to make it easier to find your results in an ever growing set of race and practice results. Moreover, as we get more requests for live result feeds and mobile apps, we have redone the entire data warehousing to dramatically increase the uptime and stability of the website.

To help you find your data faster it is crucial that we know who you are, so we can direct you to the right content immediately. Moreover, if we know who you are we can, for instance, help you remember to renew your FLEX subscription and in the future send you alerts if new results become available online for yourself or the racers you are following. Therefore we wanted to tie everything into one login. I now see that forcing a login does not make the website easier to use, especially as we are experiencing problems with the automatic migration of accounts from the old data warehouse to the newly built one. Additionally, since not all functionality has been implemented completely, the functionality of the new practice environment is too limited.

To correct the situation we will do the following in the coming days:

We will remove the need to login to see event results and put it back to where you have come to expect it: after the race results and before the individual lap times
We will revert back to the old practice environment where you can also see who is out on a certain track, until we have adequate functionality for the new one
We will keep working behind the scenes to make the migration process smoother. We will never throw out any information, so rest assured that we will tie your old data into your new account. We are doing everything we can to make that happen sooner rather than later.
Even though there are many advantages if you renew your FLEX transponder through your MYLAPS account, we will also make it possible to renew it the old way: through the web shop, until the account creation and migration process works flawlessly
Within a few weeks we hope release the functionality to receive alerts if new lap times or results are available for you

These steps are aimed at relieving the largest parts of the complaints we have received. I appreciate your patience and hope that you will stay with us to see what great things we have in store for you in the near future.

Best regards,

Bas van Rens
CEO - MYLAPS Sports Timing
I must say, that is a well done response. Taking full responsibility and issuing and apology. In their effort to get it better, they got it wrong and admitted it.
Not often is a company so straight forward. It doesn't make it less painful, but it does give me hope that the site will be better at some point in the not too distant future. The clock is ticking........
Old 04-30-2013, 03:14 PM
comatb
Rennlist Member

TICTOC, TICTOC.....
Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 PM
MSTACH
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

oh yeah tictoc, ticktoc ...
Old 05-06-2013, 02:17 PM
sammler
1st Gear

Bump. ?????
Old 05-15-2013, 06:34 PM
coinboy
Racer

Is the whole Mylaps.com going to hell killed Rennpoints data updates as well?.......
Old 05-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Jimbo951
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

BrianP is struggling to update RP. One problem is the new MyLaps doesn't list class infomation (Duh!).
Old 05-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo951
BrianP is struggling to update RP. One problem is the new MyLaps doesn't work (Duh!).
FIFY

Quick Reply: mylaps.com - WTF?