Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mylaps.com - WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 12:08 AM
mojom3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How the h#** do I get back into mylaps? Ran the upgrade procedure, now cannot log in, authentication failure!!!! 20 times at least today. What are they doing?
Old 04-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by claykos
Has anyone actually figured out how to see your results? I "upgraded" my account and can log in, but can't find a results page anywhere....

It sure looks pretty though
Upgrade was easy. I can find my "practice results" but not race results
Old 04-15-2013, 12:11 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Everything seems to be there. It is just a bitch to find it all. Also, doesn't seem to be a direct link to My Account - Results. I had a Bookmark that was simple and slick. Gotta be a way. I will keep exploring.

OK HERE is the link to the Results page (login before going here). You enter PCA in the Search For Result box and the United States in the Country field. That takes you to the races by date. If you are logging in.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:24 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 201 Posts

So I searched for 'PCA' under the Car tab and here are the numerous issues I found:

* Results are not listed chronologically, alphabetically, or any other way that I can see

Clicked on my most recent race at Sebring:

* No way to sort results by class
* No way to do a side by side comparison of your own laps versus a competitor

How does a company design this and decide to launch? Monopolies breed incompetence.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:55 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Complete incompetency. poor bug testing, poor roll out.
makes no sense.
take something that worked great and totally screw it up.
i tried for a while to find my stuff, then just gave up. they'll lose all their viewers if they dont correct it. its an ancillary service at best.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:03 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Can't find the sort By Class or Compare Laps/Drivers or Track Records - or - or.

This site is a multi-car pileup. Seems like they rolled it out too soon. It is untested and incomplete.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:48 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

It's really sad that they can't reskin their website without so many problems. Voice your opinion on facebook. Tons of people are complaining. Complaints here will do no good.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:18 AM
Jimbo951
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

God, what a disaster...

It can't even calculate my age correctly.

List of Time Zones is randomly listed. Not sorted alphabetically, nor by GMT time.

No "My Results" tab.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:32 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I can't even log in. I've reset my password. It says I have to login as an organization. I've emailed info@mylaps.com and gotten no reply. What a freaking mess. I guess this is what we should expect from an organization that has a monopoly on their product.

Is it possible to just start a new account from scratch and link it to your transponders?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:06 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts

I saw this coming when I got an e-mail from them with "instructions" prior to the conversion/migration. It was pretty clear from that e-mail that things were gonna be pretty messy.

Sadly, I have not raced since RRIV, but I have empathy for those of you who have been recent active users of mylaps.

It is interesting to observe an enterprise with no apparent competition indeed make mistakes that surely could have been avoided in a number of ways. Not least of which is being clear and concise in communications to set customer expectations that would easily be met or better yet surpassed with aplomb.

I wonder if you could create a tool for use by SCCA, NASA, PCA Club Racing, BMWCCA Club Racing and others which would take a scanned AMB system output (or better yet some type of data file) and bring it into a different database and create your own version of mylaps for this type of audience.

Of course, in their defense, they are likely dealing with a lot of accounts and huge amounts of data. And I have enough experience with development projects to consider that they may have been up against some type of wall whereby they had to let her fly with reservations as opposed to waiting.

I wonder if they will apologize to customers/users.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 201 Posts

I had sent an email earlier when I first had log in problems. About 5 days later I got a canned email response saying they received so many emails that they prepared a FAQ instead in an attempt to reply to all emails at once.

To address my log in question they simply reiterated the instructions from the website in the FAQ, as though it was some sort of user error as opposed to their website simply not working. Incompetence followed by asshattery.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,401 Likes on 748 Posts

Maybe they outsourced to Microsoft?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

No, they outsourced to TCS, Infosys or Wipro. But don't worry, it's all "in the cloud" so we're all just wimpy asshats who don't understand technology!

NOT!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

And whoever "owned" the user experience needs to get a new career because you FAILED!!!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I cant believe they are calling that site and "upgrade". No way to view your own results, no way to sort by class. Highschool kids could program better. What a clusterfuk!

Quick Reply: mylaps.com - WTF?