Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Registration for COTA DE Open

Old 04-11-2013, 05:21 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
Didn't mean to imply that the off-line process was anything but manual, (which doesn't necessarily imply political). I'll bet the method for allocating the spots was figured out ahead of time, and agreed to by each of the sponsoring regions.
Nothing so far has deviated from the COTA DE plan. Below is the LSR email on the subject sent out on March 26. The only additions to it that I recall were that the 120 spots were to be divided between LSR, Maverick, and Hill Country. Also it was pointed out at the March Texas 2 Step at TWS that the time stamp would be registration, not payment. This was also stated on the CR event page that you could see before registering (after registering its different).

The only thing kind of odd is the lack of a roster, but that may very well be due to the manual tweaks needed here - this is not a typical Texas PCA HPDE event.

Here is the email from the LSR Registrar in full:
Dear DE Drivers

The Lone Star Region Porsche Club of America in conjunction with the Hill Country and Maverick regions will be combining their efforts to produce a DE weekend like no other in the history of Texas Porsche DE's. The DE registration will open at 12pm (noon) central time April 10th, 2013.

This DE event will be held at the COTA Formula One track in Austin Texas in conjunction with the Porsche Club Race May 9 to 12, 2013. Thursday, May 9 will be the Test and Tune with the DE and Club Race to follow May 10 - 12, 2013.

The TEST AND TUNE AT COTA ON THURSDAY MAY 9, 2013 will ONLY be THOSE WHO GET CONFIRMED INTO THE DE for COTA. REGISTRATION for the test and tune WILL BE THROUGH COTA AND DETAILS ON HOW TO REGISTER FOR T&T WILL BE SENT TO THOSE DE DRIVERS WHO GET CONFIRMED INTO THIS DE EVENT.

The rules for registration for our DE event and the Test & Tune will be:
1. All registrants shall be PCA members as of 12/31/2012.
2. All registrants shall be active HPDE participants, as witnessed by ACTIVE involvement in PCA HPDE event over the last 2 years. This means he has to have a definite record on ClubRegistraion.net.
3. All registrants shall be participating at the higher levels of competence at the PCA events - i.e., in LSR terminology - red, white and yellow.
4. Anyone who has registered for the PCA race shall not be accepted for the DE participation.

Planning has been intense for this event and we hope all our hard work will pay off.

There will be only 120 spots available for this DE.

Early sign up is imperative. Only Instructors, White and Yellow will be allowed to apply for entry into this event. Registrants must have a documented record of driving on clubregistration.net.

The cost will be $600 for the 3 day event on the Formula One Track in Austin.

CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT IS NOT A CONFIRMATION OF YOUR ACCEPENCE INTO THIS EVENT!!!!!!! THERE WILL BE A SEPARATE CONFIRMATION FOR THOSE WHO GET ACCEPTED INTO THIS EVENT. I EXPECT THAT TEN DAYS AFTER REGISTRATION HAS OPEN WE WILL BEGIN TO SEND OUT CONFIRMATIONS TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO THIS DE. Those who do not make the cut will receive a full refund.

The track will offer Track-side RV spaces for rent - located outside the track overlooking the back straight. Info at http://www.motorsportreg.com

There will be 7 garages made available for the SE drivers. Each garage holds 8 cars. The cost for 4 days is $1000.00 for the garage.

Thank You
Tim Thomas
Registrar LSR/COTA DE

-Mike
Old 04-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,398 Likes on 747 Posts

Relax, folks...
Old 04-11-2013, 05:58 PM
wingnut2u
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Chris revised his numbers. They had the 120 slots filled in the first 30-odd SECONDS!

And your registration time stamp is based on when you click "Register".
So you're saying there's a chance.

As long as the registration stamp is what they go by then I have a chance, as I too got hung up on car# and shirt size and didn't make payment until 12:02:36

I read somewhere that there were 35 slots for Maverick Region and my registration stamp is probably within the first second it opened up so I am feeling pretty confident that I will get an acceptance email.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,398 Likes on 747 Posts

Please, everyone relax.

Susan Shire is doing the very best she can with the race registrations, as has already been mentioned. It is a superhuman effort...and she is superhuman. Tim Thomas is doing the same thing with the DE. Both Susan and Tim have actual lives, too.

It will get done as soon as humanly possible, and everyone will be treated fairly.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:57 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor

It will get done as soon as humanly possible, and everyone will be treated fairly.
^^^^^This^^^^^
Old 04-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

The folks like Tim and Susan do an exceptional job of making all is work as smoothly as possible. There is no other organization I am aware of that could have pulled this off, even handling the number of users trying to get in is amazing. Now they have to sort through each application and verify backgrounds to insure there is a smooth event not a rehash of an earlier fiasco

As for politics there does not seem to be any so far as Tim is concerned so relax I'm sure it will be fair.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:08 PM
C4S/GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
^^^^^This^^^^^
I'm sure there will be a bunch of folks who registered who don't meet the criteria. E.G. not a solo driver, never driven in a DE before, not a PCA member as of 2012, no golf carts allowed, leaks oil & coolant - cannot afford to fix it........etc etc.

Patience...and as I said earlier your time stamp is when you clicked "REGISTER"
Old 04-13-2013, 01:08 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thx for the updates guys.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:31 PM
jabo
Advanced

Anyone have any word on the status of registrations?
Old 04-19-2013, 03:54 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Nope. According to an e-mail I received from Tim at cr.net, they'd start making confirmations by today.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:37 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Originally Posted by jbossolo
Nope. According to an e-mail I received from Tim at cr.net, they'd start making confirmations by today.
Yeah, that one was titled "Carrera of the Americas - Confirmations for Cota DE event". It gave me a start, and one of my friends and fellow driver commented:
"Not just you. The subject line gave me a bigger jolt than the afternoon coffee. Unfortunately, the body of the email did not deliver. "

Shouldn't be long now.

-Mike
Old 04-19-2013, 11:05 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

^ LOL, I got the same initial reaction!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:18 PM
jabo
Advanced

Got the REAL confirmation email this morning!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:48 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

You lucky dog! Congrats!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:58 PM
TXE36
Drifting

I'm in

No T&T for DE.

-Mike