Sponsored by:

Close Call

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 03:19 PM
sundog
Race Director

Received 197 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Close Call

This weekend we were up at Thunderhill, and it was raining on Sunday morning. Put the street tires on the car and went out for a few laps. I just touched the paint on the inside of turn 11 and this was the result. The car ended up facing the right way about 2-3 feet from the tires. I could've finished the entire day without the harness on, just holding on to the seat with my butt! Sorry, no video.

Otherwise a great weekend, met a bunch of really great and helpful people!
Attached Images  
Old 04-01-2013, 03:40 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Take comfort in knowing Vodden stuffed one of the first 996 Cups in the country just before that spot on a guest drive..................

(The late Dan Jones first Cup, for those of you who remember him. And he was riding shotgun, and got pretty banged up in the collision.)
Old 04-01-2013, 04:38 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Take comfort in knowing Vodden stuffed one of the first 996 Cups in the country just before that spot on a guest drive..................

(The late Dan Jones first Cup, for those of you who remember him. And he was riding shotgun, and got pretty banged up in the collision.)
Sadly I remember Dan, and that incident. Happily there were no repeats this weekend, despite the buckets thrown at us on Sunday.

Nice to see you out there Sundog! Very glad your rain-dance was free (as we discussed... cheap lessons are the best kind). See you next time!

Quick Reply: Close Call