Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone used the Emprum Ultimate GPS on an iPhone 5?

Old 03-03-2013, 01:31 AM
its about time...
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone used the Emprum Ultimate GPS on an iPhone 5?

This is one thing keeping me from upgrading my iPhone 4. Because the iPhone 5 has the new connector, you have to use an adaptor to attach the Ultimate GPS with it's old 30-pin connector. has anyone run this on track? I'm wondering how well that adaptor maintains the connection. As of today, Emprum hasn't released a new unit for the new connector (not that I want to spend another $100).

I'm already thinking about DE's and there's still ice on the driveway! go figure...

Thanks
Old 03-03-2013, 08:04 AM
RobT 394
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

I have not used the connector with the GPS, but I have used the connector from Apple. It is $40 or something ridiculous. But works well. IMHO I would only buy the Apple product as others I looked at did not give full functionality. The GPS on the 5 seems to be stronger than the 4. Harrys works without a booster. I still need to find a way to hold the phone.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:33 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by RobT 394
I still need to find a way to hold the phone.
Rammount.com

No affiliation.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:29 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by its about time...
I'm wondering how well that adaptor maintains the connection. As of today, Emprum hasn't released a new unit for the new connector (not that I want to spend another $100).
When I upgraded to the iP5 I kept my iP4 as a dedicated track video recorder. What made this possible was moving all music to my iP5 and turning the iP4 into an Touch with all 16 GB available for storage. Works great. Dave
Old 03-04-2013, 02:07 AM
its about time...
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dasams
When I upgraded to the iP5 I kept my iP4 as a dedicated track video recorder. What made this possible was moving all music to my iP5 and turning the iP4 into an Touch with all 16 GB available for storage. Works great. Dave
Sweet! This sounds like just what I need since I have all I need for the iP4. I didn't know the phone could be converted to a Touch.

Thanks!

Jim

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone used the Emprum Ultimate GPS on an iPhone 5?