Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   CMP PCA Club race (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/720142-cmp-pca-club-race.html)

por29 10-05-2012 12:25 AM

CMP PCA Club race

Hey guys, if you're thinking about attending come on and sign up. The region needs attendance or this race may cease to exist.

The track is more than fun and the people are great.

The event is a PCA club race in coordination with a DE.

Come on down and join the fun.

Bill Rudtner

ZSA Motorsport 10-05-2012 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by por29 (Post 9893556)
Hey guys, if you're thinking about attending come on and sign up. The region needs attendance or this race may cease to exist.

The track is more than fun and the people are great.

The event is a PCA club race in coordination with a DE.

Come on down and join the fun.

Bill Rudtner

whats the date? u have a linK?

SiberianDVM 10-05-2012 03:49 PM

I'm in for the DE, but I don't have a racing license yet. Sorry. :)

dougdep 10-05-2012 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by ZSA Motorsport (Post 9894998)
whats the date? u have a linK?

October 26-28 there is also a test and tune on thursday the 25th. http://www.carolinas-pca.com/

dan212 10-05-2012 05:22 PM

I'm going.. Its a fun track and a beautiful area. Carolina's Region is friendly and are excellent hosts.

por29 10-05-2012 05:40 PM

Registration is through www.clubregistration.net

The date are October 26th,27th and 28th. There is also an optional test and Tune that some of our guys are attending. We've got room for one more in our transporter.

If you're not a racer sign up for the DE. The more the merrier :-))

Bill Rudtner

Upstate101 10-05-2012 10:33 PM

I'm going for the DE. Should be the inaugural run for the S2!

944hal 10-06-2012 12:29 AM

I started an earlier thread, same subject. I'm in. I hope there are some additional procrastinators out there, both Racers and DE folks. We could lose this event if it cannot pay for itself.

MJR911 10-06-2012 07:19 PM

I know a few guys from up here coming down to "chase points". Hope it helps the region!

paradisenb 10-06-2012 09:29 PM

What is the last day to sign up for this event? My car is going to its doctor Monday. If treatment is quick and reasonable I may be able to do this event.

f1rocks 10-07-2012 10:31 AM

I'm hoping there are a few that after getting through Daytona weekend, have enough tires left (since it was pretty rainy....) they can add just one more race weekend.

I'll be there Thursday early, not doing the test day but if anyone is game let's do some grilling Thursday or Friday night. Bring some steaks or fish, I'm bringing the smoker.

944hal 10-07-2012 02:07 PM

I'll be down Thursday with a friend (my unofficial crew chief). Not intending on doing the T&T unless I can buy a single session late afternoon. I've a small grill I can bring. Grilling out either day sounds great. I have a garage rented if the weather doesn't cooperate.

mrepka 10-07-2012 07:38 PM

After several frustrating season filled with mechanical issues, car is finally back together, and I'm ready to go. See y'all there.

NaroEscape 10-07-2012 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by paradisenb (Post 9898038)
What is the last day to sign up for this event? My car is going to its doctor Monday. If treatment is quick and reasonable I may be able to do this event.

Obviously, the sooner the better, but we most likely will never say no...

Come one, how bad can it be? My heads were just sent out last week to get a valve job and a couple valve guides replaced. While it's apart, we're going down to the main bearings since it's probably not been apart in years. I am assured that it will be together in time... (is there a smiley for Fingers Crossed?)

If you've never run with Carolinas, it's a great, laid back, fun race. You won't be dissapointed.

paradisenb 10-07-2012 08:40 PM

Hey, Bob. You may be lucky enough to have a mechanic who has the time. In my case, I need CIS work and my mechanic, Jack Lewis, is as busy as he has ever been building race engines. I guess they pay better. If I had not been there the last few years I don't think he would be fitting me in now. One other guy here, recommended by Jack, that knows CIS, has put me off for the same reason. No where for the car and no time to work on it. I'm glad they are so busy but, I am not going to any more races until I feel this starting and over heating problem is resolved.