Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rumble vids!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 11:22 AM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

There is and old saying in racing when you see a car spinning you go where the spinner is because it will not be there when you get there. Maybe that's why the silver 911 went left. All and all everyone did a great job not to make things worst.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

From Mark's perspective, the spinner started to roll to the right which is why he dove left at the last second. In truth, had I slowed down a little bit more, I probably could have tucked in behind Mark and stayed on the black top. Since I'm the following car and have the advantage, however small, of being able to see more of the situation, it's my responsibility to avoid Mark who is doing what he can to avoid making contact. I don't think he did anything wrong.

I'm quite an extraordinary driver which is what saved they day in this situation

Goto 11:45 to see the live action version.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:42 AM
jittsl
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SkankyFrank
That was me in the green car and I did slow quickly to avoid contact with the spinner as I was the first one to arrive. I do think the silver car should have gone off track right if he could not get slowed down in time rather than cut all the way back across left with so many cars around. He put Streak in a bad position; luckily Streak had the skilz to make it work.
All's well that ends well and thankfully, despite the number of cars around, everybody found a way through. Could easily have been a disaster for many people. Sure did enjoy the trip to VIR - will do it a again next year if the race is on.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:13 PM
jittsl
Racer

Originally Posted by Streak
From Mark's perspective, the spinner started to roll to the right which is why he dove left at the last second.

http://www.vimeo.com/44637685
Absolutely right. Much clearer in the video and at real time.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:16 PM
jittsl
Racer

Originally Posted by ZAPmobile
There is and old saying in racing when you see a car spinning you go where the spinner is because it will not be there when you get there. Maybe that's why the silver 911 went left. All and all everyone did a great job not to make things worst.
As usual I bow to the wisdom that comes from experience and old age.

How are you Arnie? Long time. Did Goodie mention to you that he was drafted as crew chief for Team Wombat for the enduro? Was good to see him.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:52 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Laurie,
Cut the old age crap, just stick with experience.

Goodie told me all about the weekend, lot's of fun. You set a track record for spec Boxsters correct? Margo and I wish we could have made it up to VIR to see you, but we were in Paris.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:19 PM
jittsl
Racer

Originally Posted by ZAPmobile
Margo and I wish we could have made it up to VIR to see you, but we were in Paris.
Life's a bugger for you "experienced" folks. Goodie told me what you guys are doing. Sounds great. Come do a Texas trip soon - there must be something worth shooting near San Antonio. The old Spanish missions are pretty cool.

And yes the SpecBox track record is a few thousandths lower than it was before.

Last edited by jittsl; 07-06-2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Quick Reply: Rumble vids!