Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rumble vids!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

looking at it last night im guessing there was fluid down. look at my vid, 29.46 also get sideways same spot, yellow is out at oak tree with a car on the left...2 laps later the slippery flag comes out....guessing my video just started 2 min earlier than his.

though i laugh alot harder at his....
Old 06-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by flatsics
Sure...I always keep an extra set around for my special friends
So that's your secret!!!!! I'll stop by to pick it up. If I leave now, I should ring your doorbell about 4:30 tomorrow morning. That is if I can find race gas along I-80...

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Thanks Viking. A follow-up question... If I install both Doug's and the one you recommend, will that bump me up to F Prepared , or all the way to J?
Old 06-27-2012, 03:49 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Der ABT
...yellow is out at oak tree with a car on the left...
Evan,

I was "a car on the left" after Oak Tree. I didn;t leave any fluids on the track. Fuel pump relay came loose going up the climbing esses. T9 sucks at 115 with no power to keep the rear planted. Fortunately i had slowed quite a bit by T10.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:13 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

ignore this message. I can't delete it.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:18 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

I am very new to video editing and uploading, so please forgive me in advance. I'm giving away "all my secrets" here.

Constructive criticism is welcome.

To be fair, Duane was driving someone elses car and he was not comfortable with its set-up.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:21 PM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dbryant61
To be fair, Duane was driving someone elses car and he was not comfortable with its set-up.
Nice driving Don. If it was the last 30 minutes of the race, Peter was driving #37.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:26 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SkankyFrank
Nice driving Don. If it was the last 30 minutes of the race, Peter was driving #37.
Thanks Frank. It was the first half. I pitted, re-fueled, and got my co-driver in the car, then was resting for a couple of laps before #39 came in and Duane got out. We spoke afterwards.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:51 PM
jittsl
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak

All kidding aside, nice to meet and race with Laurie

]
And it was great to race and meet you. Alas I don't run a video so I can't return the favor of a great video. Amazing to see how lazy I can get when I'm driving in my mirrors. I was certain I was nailing all those curbs till I watched the vid. Great race and well deserved victory. That pass on the last lap came out of nowhere from where I was sitting. Loved VIR and may do it again next year - although it is a long way from here. If no one told you BTW I left you a present during the Enduro. There's a new lap record for you to chase.

And to the person who even questioned the legality of my car. I promise it's entirely legal other than the extra muffler bearings. If it ran any advantage it is that (if I get my fuel calc right) it finishes spot on weight, it runs wide open exhausts (no mufflers at all) and (unlike most cars) it runs completely devoid of all the bottom panels and fender liners which for unknown reason seems to improve the aero. Down here in Texas it runs about on par with the other specboxers.

Streak, hope you will make it down to Texas sometime. Next year I plan on making my away trip to WGI so hopefully we will catch up there.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:13 PM
flatsics
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

jittsl,

I specifically stated I was not questioning your legality, I was wondering about the differences between your car and Streak's car.

I don't know what most people do, but I am always checking out the competition.

Originally Posted by flatsics
Nice video...enjoyed it.

The other Boxster sure had some top-end speed on you.
Not trying to say anything was illegal, just curious.
Is there a good reason for that? Better exhaust,fresh motor....muffler bearings???

I was just curious because your car is obviously stronger on the straights. Wondering if your car and his car were prepared differently, if Streak's car was not optimized or had a tired engine, ect.

Interesting tidbit about the under body panels and fender liners, I think you should edit that part out...quickly.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:19 PM
jittsl
Racer

I misstated and yes you are right you did not question the legality and I took it exactly as you meant it. I was wondering as well to be honest. Not only Streak's car but Marks as well. If I could get a good launch out of the Oaktree and the slip them for a while I could pass them by the end of the back straight. My guess is that my relatively young motor (sold to me as less than 16k) is just running a little stronger than the others. I also know that I am at least 50lb lighter than the others. Finally, although I don't have figures, my bum-dyno says that going from a muffled set up to the straight pipes made a considerable difference.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:25 PM
jittsl
Racer

Oh, and re the fender liners etc., I don't actually know if I get an advantage. My car however is missing all the panels and I was hoping to start a rush to remove them and I could pick up a set for cheap money. :-)
Old 07-02-2012, 10:58 AM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dbryant61
I am very new to video editing and uploading, so please forgive me in advance. I'm giving away "all my secrets" here.

Constructive criticism is welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSR_GETlAEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i2JP...hannel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Q7nojbf9E&feature=plcp

My sincere apologies to Dr. Bill Timmerman. I wrote "Dimmerman" in the video. Will fix soon.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:46 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

from the enduro, about 75 minutes into the race.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:17 PM
deutschkar
Intermediate

Tough break about turn 1 Doug. I learned the hard way, in the first turn of the first sprint that the outside in 1 is not where you wanna make a move. Now Hog Pen...that's where it's at
Old 07-03-2012, 07:31 PM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 74 Posts

Doug - you almost pulled off the T1 pass in the beginning. Would have been a kick ***! What happened at 2:50 when you twitched coming out of T1? Were you feeling out the surface or was there something icky there?

Quick Reply: Rumble vids!