Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   OT: Lime Rock Club Race Hotel - Hit and Run (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/694281-ot-lime-rock-club-race-hotel-hit-and-run.html)

fuenfer 04-30-2012 11:17 PM

OT: Lime Rock Club Race Hotel - Hit and Run

For the club race this past weekend, I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Great Barrington, MA. On Saturday morning, I came out to see that my car (a BMW 5-series) had been hit during the night. The rear bumper is now cracked, and it looks like a tow hitch on the back of a truck hit it pretty hard.

There was no note or anything. I called the local police department, who took down my information. I also noticed that there was a hotel camera near where my car was parked, but am not sure if that will reveal anything.

In any case, I would appreciate it if anyone who stayed at that hotel could let me know if they saw anything.

dougdep 05-01-2012 11:12 AM

you should have stayed at the newly refurbished Sharon Country Inn (no affiliation). 5 miles from the track and every room has been completey gutted and redone. only $165 for the night. i would highly recommend and definitely would stay there again. the new owners are trying to get rid of the old reputation that the place had. yes i am highjacking your thread. you should have paid the extra 50 bucks and stayed there instead of driving all the way to great barrington you cheap bast@rd!

fuenfer 05-01-2012 12:16 PM

Taking time off from sandbagging to hijack my thread, eh? Funny thing about the Sharon Country Inn - I was going to stay there after Jim told me about it, but they didn't have any rooms!

dougdep 05-01-2012 12:58 PM

it was probably one of our own guys who hit ur car...lol

fuenfer 05-01-2012 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by dougdep (Post 9492284)
it was probably one of our own guys who hit ur car...lol

Yeah, probably one of our guys whose va-jay-jay's still hurting from having to add 50 pounds of ballast to his car ... :)

LUV2SPEED2 05-01-2012 09:31 PM

Dont worry phil, you know a good bodyshop right :)- oh yeah and I will give you the full Natal experince

93 FireHawk 968 05-01-2012 10:21 PM

The last time I stayed at the Sharon Motor Lodge, 3 years ago, I checked in and out within 15 minutes. It was such a "Dump". The old version was only missing the "Motion Bed" to make it a real experience. Glad the new owners put the place back together and made it an option beyond the Interlaken Inn.

twk63 05-02-2012 08:33 AM

Great Barrington

Originally Posted by dougdep (Post 9491960)
you should have paid the extra 50 bucks and stayed there instead of driving all the way to great barrington you cheap bast@rd!

I'd rather stay in Great Barrington just to have breakfast at Martins... :thumbup:

fuenfer 05-02-2012 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by LUV2SPEED2 (Post 9493897)
Dont worry phil, you know a good bodyshop right :)- oh yeah and I will give you the full Natal experince

I know the best bodyshop, and expect the full Natal experience - just wish the bumpers on my BMW would stop getting dinged!