Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   Today's racing "OH SNAP" moment (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/693921-todays-racing-oh-snap-moment.html)

sbelles 04-29-2012 12:26 PM

I'll bet he won't try it again. Had to be an even bigger Oh **** moment for him since he was going too slow to maneuver much.

J richard 04-29-2012 12:36 PM

Never mind, just watched it again, in the middle of the track driving the wrong way...wtf...

I would have blown through my shorts, suit and seat...nice save Rick...that would have been expensive...

Ricky Boo-Boo Johnson 04-29-2012 01:22 PM

Yeah - the driver is normally a very clean driver. I think he doesn't know or can't get that car into reverse easily. I have been told by others that they have video showing he could have turned and reversed and gone in the direction of the track. Also, I saw him at grid go by his grid spot and he got out of his car, put it in neutral and pushed it back to get to his spot. Which is why I make the reverse statement.

Anyways, the corner workers all say they did not wave him and that he made that move on his own and they were like WTF?! I think he couldn't make the u-turn and then had to drive through the apex of the blind corner.

It would have been about $230k in damage to his pocketbook if he totaled both cars.

I am back at the track today. Yesterday was a good day other than this moment in time.

Four 1st place finishes! 1st in class - Porsche; 1st in class - MINI; 1st in class Time Trial - Porsche; 1st in class Time Trial - MINI.

Ricky

multi21 04-29-2012 01:51 PM

Seems like you AZ guys are giving this guy a bit of a pass on this and I'm sure he's
"normally" a good drover, but perhaps the guy needs to PRACTICE putting his cup car in reverse before venturing out on track. Seriously, if you need to get out of your car to push it back into his spot and later going against traffic after a spin because you can't put it in reverse, then you don't belong on track, period!

Flying Finn 04-29-2012 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 9486747)
...Seriously, if you need to get out of your car to push it back into his spot and later going against traffic after a spin because you can't put it in reverse, then you don't belong on track, period!

+1

Doesn't matter how this guy has driven before, if it wasn't for amazing fast reflexes of the car with the camera, that would've been a head on collision with bad consequences in a move that has absolutely no excuses.

Veloce Raptor 04-29-2012 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Flying Finn (Post 9486762)
+1

Doesn't matter how this guy has driven before, if it wasn't for amazing fast reflexes of the car with the camera, that would've been a head on collision with bad consequences in a move that has absolutely no excuses.

+2.

Like I said on page 1.....someone needs to have a serious pow-wow with him.... :rolleyes:

jrgordonsenior 04-29-2012 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 9486747)
Seems like you AZ guys are giving this guy a bit of a pass on this and I'm sure he's
"normally" a good drover, but perhaps the guy needs to PRACTICE putting his cup car in reverse before venturing out on track. Seriously, if you need to get out of your car to push it back into his spot and later going against traffic after a spin because you can't put it in reverse, then you don't belong on track, period!

+3. No excuse is acceptable for that maneuver. Great save Ricky...

GuyIncognito 04-29-2012 04:34 PM

holy crap! :eek:

Ritter v4.0 04-29-2012 07:21 PM

Nice save.
Would have been cooler if you cut between him and the wall tho.:eek:

Coochas 04-29-2012 07:33 PM

O-M-G. Nice avoidance. That was really bizarre!

early_grayce 04-29-2012 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior (Post 9486988)
+3. No excuse is acceptable for that maneuver. Great save Ricky...

+4

That was a brutal combination of stupidity and insanity.
Watching the video my first reflex was to keep turning in tighter... as he was initially aiming off the track to your right. Amazing save.

FGL28 04-29-2012 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by ltc (Post 9486553)
So the driver spun, so rather than just park the car/stay where he is, he decides to drive the other way?

He must have gone to the Sato School of re-entering the track.:rolleyes::icon107:

Ricky,

Great save!:rockon: Did that guy buy you a new set of underwear?

gums 04-29-2012 11:15 PM

First I'm watching this video and starting to think that this is one **** track.
Then this guy appears out of nowhere and now I'm convinced.

Chads996 04-29-2012 11:15 PM

HOLY CRAP!!! Great save bud. Serious Code Brown.

C.

stuttgart46 04-30-2012 10:07 AM

Great save.
I didn't see that coming at all. I would hope that I would have the same reaction as you did.