Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FEELER: interest in a high level race craft/driving skills clinic?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 02:02 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Originally Posted by facelvega
MSR for sure, and NJMP if I can figure out car transport.
NJMP's courses are quite quick, with a high average speed, but with enough complexity (particularly the back end at Thunderbolt, which I consider one of the few places to seriously challenge professionals) that it would certainly be worth your while to travel for a clinic like this.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 01-26-2012, 04:12 PM
kfyork
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
.. CMP, I agree, great coaching track, great folks. Thanks for the suggestion!
VR, If this one gains momentum, let me know. Assuming I can work a date into my schedule, I'd enjoy helping you, if needed.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:55 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

If all this gets traction it would be cool if there was some arrive and drive capability and that might pull a westcoaster to a track they have never been to before.

One idea would be to choose tracks that have a school attached with cars to rent. WSIR in Socal has Fastlane and rents as an example. Another possibility since RL is sort of a family the possiblity of renting someone's car but I have no idea how you work out some kind of simple contract like "you break it you fix it" or something like that. Many run data and you could monitor if the engine blew because of an over-rev or if it was just time for it to expire. I don't know how complex that is, maybe Peter has ideas. While I have never done it, the guys in my SCCA class around the country have sort of all heard the names of everyone in the class and seem pretty willing to rent a car if they aren't racing it.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by Lolaman
NJMP's courses are quite quick, with a high average speed, but with enough complexity (particularly the back end at Thunderbolt, which I consider one of the few places to seriously challenge professionals) that it would certainly be worth your while to travel for a clinic like this.
+1

Originally Posted by kfyork
VR, If this one gains momentum, let me know. Assuming I can work a date into my schedule, I'd enjoy helping you, if needed.
Will do, Kevin, thanks.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:38 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
If all this gets traction it would be cool if there was some arrive and drive capability and that might pull a westcoaster to a track they have never been to before.

One idea would be to choose tracks that have a school attached with cars to rent. WSIR in Socal has Fastlane and rents as an example. Another possibility since RL is sort of a family the possiblity of renting someone's car but I have no idea how you work out some kind of simple contract like "you break it you fix it" or something like that. Many run data and you could monitor if the engine blew because of an over-rev or if it was just time for it to expire. I don't know how complex that is, maybe Peter has ideas. While I have never done it, the guys in my SCCA class around the country have sort of all heard the names of everyone in the class and seem pretty willing to rent a car if they aren't racing it.
If the cost is reasonable i would be very interested in something like this and i bet others would be as well. I am in AZ and all these tracks are pretty long hauls but would love to experience some new tracks!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:58 AM
michael lang
Advanced

The east coast event definitely has my interest. NJMP or VIR would be outstanding learning environments. I feel like I'm stuck at a certain plateau and need something like this to move to the next level. I thought that "Cups & Saucers" was going to happen for me this year but WGI is just out of the questions for me this season. This clinic might just be what the doctor ordered. I hope it is able to be put together here on the east coast.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

UPDATE: we are looking at the logistics of NJMP right now. A suggestion was made to me by a very credible expert on a different way to do this there, and that is being investigated now. Time frame might be late June if it works. For the Texas one, if the logistics of that one come together as well, we migt be looking at late April/very early May.

I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for the interest here & in numerouns PM's and emails!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Defiant
Instructor

Count me in for TWS or MSR.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

How many Texas folks would prefer TWS, or would at least come to TWS if we had it there?
Old 02-01-2012, 06:38 PM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reno, any of the Norcal tracks or Buttonwillow would be of interest here.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Horus2000
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

How many Texas folks would prefer TWS, or would at least come to TWS if we had it there?
I would travel there, but prefer MSR.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:37 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mox nix.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:14 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 203 Posts

UPDATE: we are looking at the logistics of NJMP right now. A suggestion was made to me by a very credible expert on a different way to do this there, and that is being investigated now. Time frame might be late June if it works. For the Texas one, if the logistics of that one come together as well, we migt be looking at late April/very early May.

I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for the interest here & in numerouns PM's and emails!
FCRA is at NJMP June 23/24. Doing something just prior on the same track configuration could pull a few more folks in who want experience there before the event. And yes, I resemble that remark.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ervtx
Mox nix.
Engrish preeze?
Old 02-02-2012, 09:34 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Road course>Roval

Quick Reply: FEELER: interest in a high level race craft/driving skills clinic?