Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ranger quick jack?

Old 04-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Horizontally Opposed Man
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ranger quick jack?

Anyone using one of these or have another recommendation along the same lines ?Something portable that will fit underneath a 997.2 GT3 ?
Concerned about reliability and safety !Thanks In Advance HOM
Old 04-12-2015, 01:54 AM
stltri
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also interested in the Ranger Quickjack because it was designed for both the track and home garage repairs. Unfortunately, the available versions, the BL-3500 and the BL-5000 are both too short for the span of the 911 jacking points. There are owners who have modified their Quickjacks by welding an extension to accommodate the jacking points. There has been many interests from the Porsche owners and from my conversations with the Ranger reps since late last year until last week (no affiliation), they are finally releasing a version in late May 2015 that will fit the Porsche jacking points. Weight-wise will apparently be between 3500-5000 lbs. Not sure why they didn't just go with 5000 but I suppose the heaviest 911 would fall around 3500 lbs anyway. There's a number of youtube videos of the available Quickjacks that you can watch the operation and such. I guess we'll see if they release it in May.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:24 AM
Jas0nn
Pro

Received 299 Likes on 146 Posts

Which 911 were you inquiring about? Do you know if it will fit any of the early cars?
Old 04-12-2015, 11:10 AM
Horizontally Opposed Man
Rennlist Member

Something portable that will work with a 997.2 GT3 any ideas are appreciated!TIA HOM
Old 04-12-2015, 12:12 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,237 Likes on 1,576 Posts

I have looked at this as well because I miss my Bendpak lift from my old house. New house has low ceilings in the garage.

But would you really bring this to the track? I think by the time you tie it down in a trailer, pull it out at the track, hook up the air lines, position the car, etc., you could have just jacked up the car with a floor jack and put a jack stand under it. Then you have to put it away again.

I tend to look at things based on time spent versus reward. For the home this looks good. At the track - I don't think so.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Horizontally Opposed Man
Rennlist Member

No not to the track!The last thing I want to do at the track is work on the car plus I am not capable of much besides tires and pads!
I have a small garage space that does a lot of different jobs and want something I can put away if needed.Does the Bendpack fit a 997.2 GT3?TIA HOM
Old 04-12-2015, 01:46 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Horizontally Opposed Man
No not to the track!The last thing I want to do at the track is work on the car plus I am not capable of much besides tires and pads!
I have a small garage space that does a lot of different jobs and want something I can put away if needed.Does the Bendpack fit a 997.2 GT3?TIA HOM
That makes more sense in my mind. Good for home - kind of a waste of time to lug around.

The BendPak I had was a drive-on four poster. I then had two rolling jacks that rolled into between the two drive-on spans. I could position then so that I could get all four wheels off the ground. I was similar to this - http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...FfRj7Aod-AsA5w

It was a nice setup and miss it. When I moved I let it all go for a song. Most of the discussions with my wife about moving now revolve around getting a garage with a higher ceiling. She is sick of hearing me complain about it! I learned that tactic from her!
Old 04-12-2015, 02:42 PM
LostSouth
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually took a look at the Ranger Quick Jack at PRI this year and it looked like a nice product. My only concern was clearance and did it have the right span to hit my jack points. I'm sure both of these questions can be answered. Other than that, it looked like a really solid product.

However, for my time and money, I can just as easily get my car up on four jack stands with a floor jack and do what I need to do.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:51 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LostSouth
I actually took a look at the Ranger Quick Jack at PRI this year and it looked like a nice product. My only concern was clearance and did it have the right span to hit my jack points. I'm sure both of these questions can be answered. Other than that, it looked like a really solid product.

However, for my time and money, I can just as easily get my car up on four jack stands with a floor jack and do what I need to do.
This is why I have not pulled the trigger either.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:58 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 796 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
I have looked at this as well because I miss my Bendpak lift from my old house. New house has low ceilings in the garage.

But would you really bring this to the track? I think by the time you tie it down in a trailer, pull it out at the track, hook up the air lines, position the car, etc., you could have just jacked up the car with a floor jack and put a jack stand under it. Then you have to put it away again.

I tend to look at things based on time spent versus reward. For the home this looks good. At the track - I don't think so.
Interestingly I don't see anything about air lines on their site. All I see is AC or DC. Could you point out what I don't see, what I'm missing.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:47 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ExMB
Interestingly I don't see anything about air lines on their site. All I see is AC or DC. Could you point out what I don't see, what I'm missing.
You are correct - I misspoke.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ranger quick jack?