Sponsored by:

LeMans racer Scott Tucker's questionable path to success

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 11:50 AM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
As I recall, rumors were that in the Ferrari Challenge he bought ten cars. Had them dismantled and chose the lightest components to make one (legal) car. If he showed up with a Spec Miata, it would be the first $250K Miata
Dear (enter deity of choice) - please don't bring him to Spec Miata as I just started racing this class.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:11 PM
dp35
Pro

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
As I recall, rumors were that in the Ferrari Challenge he bought ten cars. Had them dismantled and chose the lightest components to make one (legal) car. If he showed up with a Spec Miata, it would be the first $250K Miata
We already have (at least) one of these in Spec Miata. He got a one year suspension after last year's runoffs because he wrecked the pole sitter, tried to start a fight before & after the race, accused the winner of cheating, then got caught cheating himself, etc.

Mr. Tucker & his $250K Miata would be welcome.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:59 PM
sidney004
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dp35
I'll feel no pity when this guy's in prison.
It's a civil complaint, you can only go to prison on a criminal conviction. It will probably lead to a settlement in a few years, where the defendants will settle neither admitting or denying any wrongdoing, pay an administrative fine, agreeing to an injunction(basically whatever the FTC claims you did, don't do it again) and change their business practices.

Quick Reply: LeMans racer Scott Tucker's questionable path to success