Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 01:26 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

I'm within striking distance of getting my basement finished. Once that's done, I can set up my sim rig again and shake off some rust.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:44 PM
krautcars
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Are we thinking of starting soon, fellas?

Winter here in Chicago hasn't really felt like winter (63 degrees today!) but it *IS* December....
As long as there is interest would be up for it again. Unfortunately the last few times we were racing we didn't have too many cars. Feel like the Rennlist group there needs to be cleaned up some and recruit people who want to race. I know easier said then done.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:08 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 133 Likes on 90 Posts

Yeah participation was a little low for a chunk of last season.

I found a local track-focused Facebook group that seems to have a few iRacing guys in it. Did an impromptu Miata race with them the other night and it was a good group.

I could combine/invite them? Tho not sure how many of them are gonna be super interested in Porsche only... but they might?

I can also certainly go back through the league membership list and clean it up some, though I don't think it really hurts any leaving folks in there.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Spinout
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I'd like to get into the Rennlist iRacing Group! somebody PM me and Ill give you my ID for the invite.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:23 AM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im ready to go when you guys are
Old 12-08-2017, 01:54 AM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Myself and a few other guys here on RL I race with just got race sims and are dipping into iRacing (or should I say trying desperately to adapt to a sim from real Cup Cars)....

A session is setup for next Tuesday December 12th at 830pm for anyone who would like to come completely embarrass us.

*Perhaps someone can tell me how you can Ghost Race in a Session/Race? (I've searched iRacing and cant find a concrete method of exactly HOW to do this - lots of talk about it but no method).

In any case, hopefully some of you can join us:
Old 12-08-2017, 09:09 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH

We need Tecce back in our run group to help us figure out how the F to drive and set up these things the way they were meant to be. Or ProCoach... where's he at?

Le sigh.
I'm here i'm here...you can always send me an email if go MIA for a spell! I fired up the iRacing last night for the first time in a while. I don't know how much help i can be given that usually i go in there and get my doors blown off usually by what i'm hoping is a robot or at least a kid with the Garage Mahal of all iRacing setups. I'm told my rig isn't all that great but it's probably just that i suck... i can at least ride onboard and see if i see anything. Where/when do you guys normally run? I know it's boring but it's December and next month is the 24; we need to run some Daytona laps. I did a session in the DP last night and i did well but i think that it was a much less intense group of people. Sometimes i've gone in there and after 20 minutes of cursing and sweating, i'm not even in the ballpark! My neighbors probably wonder why i yell so much after dinner.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:10 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Yeah let's do it! I miss racing with you guys weekly. I feel like I'm going to have a lot of rust to shake off though. We're so close to having my sim dungeon back together. Daytona is one of my favorite tracks, so I'd be happy to hammer out lots of laps there before the Rolex. Are day-night transitions coming anytime soon to iracing? I haven't been keeping up with the development news, but I'll run the 24 if we can get a team together again this year.

Give me 2 weeks and this will be done:
Name:  CxQM4W6h.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  103.3 KB
Old 12-08-2017, 02:29 PM
87944turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

^ Good luck with the reno. Looking forward to getting back into iracing again.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:45 AM
Burkey
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I should be able to make some nights this winter, jumped back on last weekend as well. Extremely rusty but would be great to get back to some racing.

Burkey
Old 12-09-2017, 12:48 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

I'll be in once I hae a chance to sort my rig out. The last time I did an update, last summer, it completely hosed my triple setup. I haven't touched it since except to pile stuff around.

Could be my GTX-750 is no longer up to the task. It was borderline before with triples. Anybody else have the same issue?
Old 12-12-2017, 09:51 PM
krautcars
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FLA997
Myself and a few other guys here on RL I race with just got race sims and are dipping into iRacing (or should I say trying desperately to adapt to a sim from real Cup Cars)....

A session is setup for next Tuesday December 12th at 830pm for anyone who would like to come completely embarrass us.

*Perhaps someone can tell me how you can Ghost Race in a Session/Race? (I've searched iRacing and cant find a concrete method of exactly HOW to do this - lots of talk about it but no method).

In any case, hopefully some of you can join us:
I would join you, but it seems every time I have time to join in, iRacing tells me I have updates to do. By the time they finish, I'm shutting it down for the night. Currently updating now...

Seems like we have enough people interested, Jim, you should start throwing some races back up on the calendar?

Originally Posted by JustinL
Yeah let's do it! I miss racing with you guys weekly. I feel like I'm going to have a lot of rust to shake off though. We're so close to having my sim dungeon back together. Daytona is one of my favorite tracks, so I'd be happy to hammer out lots of laps there before the Rolex. Are day-night transitions coming anytime soon to iracing? I haven't been keeping up with the development news, but I'll run the 24 if we can get a team together again this year.

Give me 2 weeks and this will be done:
It be nice if iRacing starts improving items and a good example would be adding weather/time transitions; Project Cars 2 has that. Feels like iRacing is really focusing on the dirt stuff, which is fine if you're into it, just isn't my cup of tea. I think people on the road circuit side are starting to get bored, and until those people drop their membership or don't renew, I think iRacing will keep trying to milk it for all it's worth before having to put any money into it. By the time they react though, might be too late.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:46 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

I can kick off something starting next week.

A question for the larger group:

So far this group has been exclusively RL members. We keep our updates here, etc. But participation has been pretty low the last ~2 years (2 years ago we had 20+ cars, it was awesome!) I've had some good battles even when the grid is 3-4 people BUT if you make a mistake, your race is over.

There is a Facebook group I'm in called "Track Midwest" - it's a big mix of people but they're all generally track drivers (DE, racing, etc.) I've done two of their events and it's been really good - everybody races hard but clean. We did a Miata event last night that had 20 cars in it. I spun about halfway through, fell from 5th to 8th... and still had a battle as I climbed back to P6, with cars coming behind me. (Had it been a traditional RL race I would have been lapping by myself...)

Thoughts on extending an invite to that group? We'd still retain control, keep it GT3 Cup, etc. but let in some other guys to bump up grid sizes a bit? I figure we can devise a system where their nickname has a "FB" or "TM" or something after it so we know they're not RL members?
Old 12-13-2017, 01:40 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts

I think it's a good idea. The more the merrier right? A few links to some good baseline setups wouldn't hurt either; the stock setup is usually decent but can always be refined.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:02 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

I'll extend the invite.

As for setups - you walked back into the thread at the right time!

I was thinking of hitting up a few people I know who contract themselves out for trackside support to see if there's some basic setup advice for the 991.1 GT3 Cup we've got here... but I imagine you've got access to some good stuff as well.

I'm far from an expert but to me, the default setup, at some tracks, feels like it's just got the wrong springs on it. Understeers everywhere, then snap oversteer under power... it just feels, wonky? Someone (Krautcars I think) pulled a setup from the VirtualRaceSchool site and it transformed the car in some/most cases... but I still struggle sometimes.

Does a "properly" set up Cup feel pretty close to the baseline setup in iRacing?

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread