Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 11:40 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Still no video card. Maybe next week.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:42 AM
dabneyd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Richmond oval next week?
Old 04-27-2017, 12:30 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by dabneyd
I'm having a pretty terrible racing week, so I cut my losses and had a beer.
I've had several of those lately.

As for the oval.... I assume you're talking dirt?

I had a pending request for Watkins due to the upcoming Club Race. I think Mid-Ohio is coming up on the PCA-CR calendar as well.

If we have time between, I can slot in a fun dirt oval for the hell of it?

What say the rest of the peanut gallery?
Old 04-27-2017, 12:42 PM
dabneyd
Intermediate

No, I definitely did not mean dirt. This dirt thing is distracting them from updating and making new road stuff. I think I actually prefer road cars on short ovals to anything else on an oval.

Watkins and Mid-Ohio are great.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:45 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Let's stick to our core. Road courses only.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:00 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

No, I definitely did not mean dirt. This dirt thing is distracting them from updating and making new road stuff. I think I actually prefer road cars on short ovals to anything else on an oval.

Ah.

Originally Posted by JustinL
Let's stick to our core. Road courses only.
I'm inclined to agree w/Justin. I'd consider a dirt oval on one week just for the hell of it... but otherwise, road courses (or rovals) only.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:05 PM
dabneyd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Ah.
I know I'm in the minority. Rallycross would be interesting though.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:15 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Yeah not a lot of roundy-round fans here.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:57 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 167 Posts

Not in sports cars but I'm up for dirt some time. Preferably in the sprint car.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:14 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Well doing it in the GT3 is what was going to make it interesting

I choked down buying Eldora. I'm not going to buy another track and certainly not an oval car like the sprint car since it will otherwise never get used.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:25 PM
krautcars
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was only Kevin, Derby and I last night. Tight qualifying - 0.2 between pole and P3.

We got a little spread out at first, then Derby spun on his own and seemed to retire. I hung around in the lead for a bit, noticing that Kevin's delta back to me was static over many laps... so I slowed up, waited for him, then tucked in behind. Wound up having a really fun battle for the last few laps - we were pretty well dead even.

Here's some helmet cam footage of the end:
Thanks for posting this Jim. Pretty cool to see the outculus rift and the battle at the end. Yea you and Derby really pulled out in the beginning. As you guys mentioned in the race, the tires were really cold the first lap. I think need to take a little break from the long practice session before I start the race next time. I seem drained from just learning these tracks in the GT3 by the time we get to the race I'm mentally kind of spent.

Watkins Glen was just in iRacing for IMSA two weeks ago, so at least I know that track pretty well. Actually really enjoy that track. Which layout with the boot; classic or with the bus stop?

Mid-Ohio should be fun too. I don't think you guys have done Mosport in awhile? Another good one that I think gets forgotten because of Spa is Zolder.

I hope they start focusing on the road course stuff again too. I can't think of too many major tracks that they're missing, but they could start adding some more of the "local" type tracks in the game I think. If anything some of their car list for the road besides GT3 and now the Porsche is looking outdated. Understood it's never going to be a Forza Motorsports with 200+ cars, but some updates would be nice.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:40 PM
JustinL
Drifting

First 45min test with the repaired video card is a success. Fingers crossed it's fixed now.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:16 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Ok so I've got Watkins scheduled for this week.

Looks like I am going to be out for both rounds tho (practice and race) for this week at a minimum.

Upgraded to a new 8020 rig, and when making adjustments the other day, a chunk fell and caught the wiring for my pedals. Completely ripped the wire out of the RJ-9 connector for the throttle (which I was able to repair) but after booting it up... my brake pedal is jacked. Have to press it ALL the way before it registers anything (and on HE pedals it takes a LOT of effort to press them ALL the way).

Working with Crimson Simulation to try to get a replacement load cell... all I can think of is that it yanked the wire and broke it internally, or inside the load cell itself, (whereas the throttle, it was the connector that failed).

I hope this is all it is... dammit.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:23 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Ok so I've got Watkins scheduled for this week.

Looks like I am going to be out for both rounds tho (practice and race) for this week at a minimum.

Upgraded to a new 8020 rig, and when making adjustments the other day, a chunk fell and caught the wiring for my pedals. Completely ripped the wire out of the RJ-9 connector for the throttle (which I was able to repair) but after booting it up... my brake pedal is jacked. Have to press it ALL the way before it registers anything (and on HE pedals it takes a LOT of effort to press them ALL the way).

Working with Crimson Simulation to try to get a replacement load cell... all I can think of is that it yanked the wire and broke it internally, or inside the load cell itself, (whereas the throttle, it was the connector that failed).

I hope this is all it is... dammit.
I got it fixed I think.

might still miss practice due to autocross tomorrow but should be good for the race on weds
Old 05-02-2017, 07:56 PM
duglas63
Track Day

My Oculus fell off a table and broke the right screen, that is why I have been MIA. I am picking up a new Oculus tomorrow from a guy on Craigslist and hope to join the race.

It comes with the Leap Motion it would be neat if that ever gets support in iRacing.

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread