Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 01:04 AM
PedalFaster
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the encouragement all. Just to be clear though, this isn't a rage quit, nor am I despondent and in need of a pep talk. I just think I can learn racecraft faster in the slower official classes while sparing you all the cloud of mayhem that follows me around. I'll be back when I'm closer to competent.

Originally Posted by carmad
You just got impatient and tried a speculative move.
In my very slight defense, I hit you due to incompetence, not impatience. I wasn't trying to pass you -- rather, I fell off of the outside of T8 and couldn't get the car slowed down or turned while on the grass. You were just unlucky enough to be passing by when my trajectory recrossed the track's.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:25 AM
loxner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One fun and quick way to improve at racecraft in iRacing is to run the MX5 series, skip qualifying, then go race. You'll usually be gridded close to dead last, and on the start, you can go slow and let the few behind you go by. Then, you can try to work your way past as many cars as you can by the end of the race. It puts a lot less pressure on you since you don't have to worry about cars behind you, and the MX5s are slow enough you can catch a lot of mistakes.

I also second what Julian said. I'd be happy to do some passing/close quarters racing with you during a practice session to help you get more comfortable with it. As others said, try to stick with the series...all of us were there at some point. You can also do the same thing I mentioned above about MX5 and apply it to Rennlist races...don't do qualifying and start at the back if you want a little less pressure on you for a few races.

Who won BTW? Don't have a PC nearby to check results
Old 11-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Sysgen
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Burkey
Sysgen we had a great battle going, I can't wait to see the small off you had at 8, we must of just missed each other.

Burkey
It was very close and couldn't do anything since I was out of control on the grass, the car was aimed at the track, I remerged right next to you, don't know how we did not make contact!!

What an adrenaline rush all of this, incredible that a "game" can do this to us!

I kept the replay, I'll go take a look tonight.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:56 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 164 Posts

Anthony won. I'll second the offer for some close racing in practice. With one monitor, I just give lots of racing room. I would rather get passed then take somebody out too.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:03 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 133 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by PedalFaster
Thanks for the encouragement all. Just to be clear though, this isn't a rage quit, nor am I despondent and in need of a pep talk. I just think I can learn racecraft faster in the slower official classes while sparing you all the cloud of mayhem that follows me around. I'll be back when I'm closer to competent.
Your being out there helps others too. Gives others someone to race against. Hell gives others accident avoidance practice if you wanna look at it that way.

Worst case as Luke suggested skip qualifying... Or just start from pit road.

Concentrate on staying clean and safe and who knows what will happen. I qualified in the back last night and finished fourth... Because of attrition. Damn near everyone in front of me crashed out! Could happen to you too....
Old 11-06-2014, 10:09 AM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I find the public races are much more sloppy than our league, people here tend to have a lot more respect for giving some racing room. That said, we will always have incidents. Some are mistakes, some are because even with triple monitors it is extremely difficult to judge spacing/gaps. Expect to have a lot of incidents early on and those dwindle as time goes on, but they will never fully go away.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Ive hit every person on here and have been hit by every person on here...except the new guys, but the season is young. Its apart of the learning curve. I can tell you from experience there is no better place to get better at Iracing than with this group. Everyone of us have been the guy that feels at some point like we shouldn't be here.
Try being in a race as a newbie with Justin, Tom, oh and some guy named Patrick Long.... I had no business being there, but I learned a lot from them then and have continued to learn from Justin and Tom over the years.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Sysgen
Drifting

Video is up

Old 11-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Burkey
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by abqautoxer
I find the public races are much more sloppy than our league, people here tend to have a lot more respect for giving some racing room. That said, we will always have incidents. Some are mistakes, some are because even with triple monitors it is extremely difficult to judge spacing/gaps. Expect to have a lot of incidents early on and those dwindle as time goes on, but they will never fully go away.
Totally agree, public races have some great drivers but you do not get the same respect that you do from this group, I get taken out a third of the time in public races by someone either being too aggressive or out of control. By far best way to learn is with this group, just leave a little extra room if you are not sure, then work to get the spot back. Jim had a great comment if you are patient there is a lot of attrition.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Sysgen
Drifting

Originally Posted by Burkey
Totally agree, public races have some great drivers but you do not get the same respect that you do from this group, I get taken out a third of the time in public races by someone either being too aggressive or out of control. By far best way to learn is with this group, just leave a little extra room if you are not sure, then work to get the spot back. Jim had a great comment if you are patient there is a lot of attrition.
Attrition is my middle name, got 3rd place last season because of it
Old 11-06-2014, 01:45 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Sysgen

I kicked off the upload last night before I went to bed. It ran, literally, all night. Before I left the house this morning, it had uploaded, but was still "processing".
Old 11-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Anthony Nguyen
Advanced

Gotta buy and download the track for next week. Going to need tons of practice. If anyone else wants to join in, ill host around 7.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:12 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

I will practice on Sunday but I have to be in Phoenix for work next week.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:21 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

What track is it? I might be in an SCCA meeting until 9pm MST tonight.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:26 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by abqautoxer
What track is it? I might be in an SCCA meeting until 9pm MST tonight.
NJMP.

I think that's a tech track tho. Only $5.

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread