Alonso's Manager Does NOT want Vettel Coming to Ferrari as a Teammate

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 06:52 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,370 Likes on 1,996 Posts
Default Alonso's Manager Does NOT want Vettel Coming to Ferrari as a Teammate

Good move Flava Flav...... Alonso would get her clock cleaned...

Briatore downplays F1 return talk

Flavio Briatore says he isn't planning a return to F1 team management

Disgraced F1 team boss Flavio Briatore has played down talk that he is planning to try and make a return to team management.

Briatore has been linked with a possible role at Ferrari, thanks in part to the fact that the 61-year-old is still involved in the management of Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso.

However, Briatore has now moved to quash talk of a possible return to the paddock in a team management role, insisting that the reports coming out of Italy are nothing more than speculation.

"I do not intend to return to Formula One as a team manager,” he told Auto Bild. "Italy is the land of rumours. That's why I am always brought back in connection with Ferrari, but it's nonsense."

Briatore added that he wouldn't be keen to see his driver Alonso joined at Ferrari by Sebastian Vettel, who has long been linked with the Scuderia.

"I would never want them together," he said. "It would weaken the team by splitting it into two parts."

Yes, the side of the garage that wins and the side of the garage that whines. We've already seen what happens when Alonso is teammated with a half way decent teammate and it ain't pretty for FA.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,607 Likes on 836 Posts

LMFAO! Imagine our surprise. :rolleyes;

Quick Reply: Alonso's Manager Does NOT want Vettel Coming to Ferrari as a Teammate