Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   FS: a few things: Blind Apex, Radio harness, Nitro helmet speakers (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/653731-fs-a-few-things-blind-apex-radio-harness-nitro-helmet-speakers.html)

ZSA Motorsport 09-07-2011 08:35 PM

FS: a few things: Blind Apex, Radio harness, Nitro helmet speakers

3 Attachment(s)
FS: a few things: Blind Apex, Radio harness, Nitro helmet speakers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few things for sale. all are in perfect working condition.

1. a Blind Apex http://www.blindapex.com/ DisplayIT - HUD9X34 Great tool for knowing where you stand during a race, or even better, during qualifying. It communicates with the Mylaps transponder system and tells you your current position on the track, gain or loss to car ahead/behind. shows you during qualifying where you lap time stands so if you are real close to pole you might push a bit harder. very slick system. most pca races support it and transmit data to it.

Retail $299. yours for $150.00 delivered in the USA

2. Nitro Helmet speakers. - we used these on a few helmets. they are phenomenal. they replace the need to have ear buds. you put them in your helmet and thus you never will suffer from forgetting earbuds. you put onyour helmet , you have sound. gone is the discomfort of having buds smushed in your ears. these things have gel cushioning with envelopes your ear, and blocks out distracting , distracting noise. you can hear well, but it tones it all down. and the quality of the sound from the speakers is the best. truley. it is one of the coolest technologies we've put to work.
they have 1/8th inch audo plugs that snap into any helmet kit.
definately worth trying if you find earbuds super annoying.
see http://www.rh2way.com/catalog.php?item=108

Retails $299. yours for $150.00

3. in-car radio harness for handheld portable radios. this harness allows you to connect your helmet to a portable handheld radio for communicating with your pit crew or other drivers. the harness connects to the side of the portable radio which you mount in the car, and then runs throughout the car, witha pigtail witha push to talk, and then the female audio connector which connects to your in-helmet radio kit. this is a nice piece to have even if you already have an incar setup as you could setup an instructor with this so he can be on a handheld with this harness, you on the hardwired unit and you can communicate. give it to a buddy at the track adn do lead follows.
these run about $160 retails. yours for $90.00

gums 09-07-2011 09:19 PM

I'll take the earphones!

ZSA Motorsport 09-07-2011 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by gums (Post 8851695)
I'll take the earphones!

paypal it to my email. u know the address.

gums 09-07-2011 09:50 PM

Can't wait to try these, my ear buds have been a problem for the longest time!

ZSA Motorsport 09-08-2011 02:42 AM

blind apex-sold.
one of the 2 helmet speaker sets gone. still have 1 more (had 2 total)
still have the radio harness, again, a great thign for lead follow or as a spare.

pmcrespo 09-08-2011 12:48 PM

I just got an RE radio system that I hope to install this weekend... So they are THAT much better than the earbuds huh? Even with a balaclava on?

If they truly are that effectivce, I'll take the 2nd pair since I am not all that excited about having to stick the earbuds in my ears...

By the way, is there anywhere in Jersey or PA (near Philly) that I could take my Zamp RZ-31 to get the complete helmet kit installed?

Thanks! You can send invoice to pcrespo@porsche-racing.net

gums 09-08-2011 01:22 PM

Pablo, I know that Driving Impressions in Dover sells the Zamp, that's where I got mine.
But, I'll bet that Stable Energies in Lodi would also do the install, he's done mine for me.

pmcrespo 09-08-2011 01:43 PM

that's right... I keep forgeting Se is just down the street from my condo up there.... Thanks Doctore!

ZSA Motorsport 09-08-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by gums (Post 8853152)
Pablo, I know that Driving Impressions in Dover sells the Zamp, that's where I got mine.
But, I'll bet that Stable Energies in Lodi would also do the install, he's done mine for me.

helmet kit installs are a joke. just crazy simple. really so. usually one drill hole in the side of the helmet and then just find a way to bring the mic thru the cheekpads to the mouth area. i did one this weekend, took about 30minutes.

if you are near Fair Lawn, NJ, im happy to have you coem by and we can help.

yes the helmet speakers are great and work wonderfully well thru balaclava. i have zero issues with balaclava when running the GS Camaro or the 2011 Cup.
and those are pretty loud in the cockpit. its a great speaker system, but its the gel seal that really gets the job done. flattens out that hectic noise and you can hear the speakers (which are wihtin the confines of the sealed off section right over your ear) very well.

pmcrespo 09-08-2011 03:13 PM

Ok. I am sold. I'll take it...

I actually need to be up in Hoboken either tomorrow or Sat morning. So I could swing by if you are available. Saves some PayPal fees for you, and shipping....

jfeniello 10-01-2011 11:31 AM

Hi, Did you sell the harness yet? What brand radio are they for?
IMSA or NASCAR helmet hookup?

thanks,
-jim