Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona PCA club race-7-9 Oct

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 07:04 PM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 76 Posts

I wasn't a big fan of the $150 to co-drive the enduro. I can see it for people not signed up for a sprint but seems a little excessive for adding a 2nd name to timing and scoring. I guess daytona is an expensive place to rent though.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Rastarace
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona Expenses

I think I mentioned this back in 2009 (our last Daytona) but our intention is not to make money on this or any club race for that matter. We price the event to meet that goal. We made some money in 2006 our first year. That was because we had 260 racers. In 2007 and 2008 with considerably less attendance we just about broke even but had to spend some of the revenue generated from that first race. Then in 2009 we hit the wall and used up the remaining funds. This year we have been able to help make up the difference by increasing the number in the DE. The only way Daytona is going to survive is to increase the number of racers. If this venue is not that important let us know because the last thing we want to do is go into a financial hole. Daytona wants us there, PCA racing wants us there, but if there is not enough interest then perhaps we should call it. I'm open to ideas! Let me know.
Allen
Old 09-16-2011, 03:41 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm all for getting more racers to reduce the per-racer cost. I think it should be one of the premier events and get filled up pretty well unless people run out of funds or energy towards the end of the year.

I heard this was our last year at Daytona but sounds like it's not?

Looking forward to a successful race for the club.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Rastarace
Advanced

Default Historic Daytona

Mike, thanks for the support. We (the organizers) don't want it to go away either. As much effort we put into it we'd like to see the interest surge so we can continue to race on one of the premier tracks in the USA.
Attached Images   
Old 09-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Can anyone tell me if the garages have individual air hook-ups and electric?
Old 09-26-2011, 05:14 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't recall air but they had electrical
Old 09-26-2011, 05:54 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
I'm all for getting more racers to reduce the per-racer cost. I think it should be one of the premier events and get filled up pretty well unless people run out of funds or energy towards the end of the year.

I heard this was our last year at Daytona but sounds like it's not?

Looking forward to a successful race for the club.
+100.... Now as FL Resident I'm looking forward to many more years of Daytona PCA races!

Raced for the 1st there in 2009 and loved it!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wish that I could get back there. It's certainly not the most technical track, but there is something about being there that I can't explain...magical comes close. And you will never be at WOT for so long anywhere else!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:06 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

I'm just super excited that they have a event for us DE guys at these events. I'm excited to get back there for both the PCA and PBOC events.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 859 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
I'm just super excited that they have a event for us DE guys at these events. I'm excited to get back there for both the PCA and PBOC events.
Mike, I will be at the PBOC event.

And I echo Larry's sentiment about Daytona. Can't wait to drive the new surface!!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:32 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Wish that I could get back there. It's certainly not the most technical track, but there is something about being there that I can't explain...magical comes close. And you will never be at WOT for so long anywhere else!
Fully agree. Its a very simple layout but certainly magical and you can pass almost anywhere which makes for great racing!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:04 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Mike, I will be at the PBOC event.

And I echo Larry's sentiment about Daytona. Can't wait to drive the new surface!!
It will be nice to finally meet in person. Hopefully some of us will be pitted near each other
Old 09-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 859 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
It will be nice to finally meet in person. Hopefully some of us will be pitted near each other
Cool. But you and I have already met, however I was introduced to you using my real name rather thhan VR.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:56 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The other thing that has really cut into the PCA DAytona attendance is that PBOC has a big event (started in'09 I believe) two weeks after the PCA event. I don't do PBOC anymore but a lot of guys do and, because PBOC has a championship, guys run it for the points instead of doing PCA....
Old 09-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Rastarace
Advanced

Default Garages and...

Unfortunately, there is no air in the garages but plenty of electrical hookups.
I heard that PCA might be tossing around a points system but nothing definitive at this point.
Lastly, there is rumor floating around that this will be the last PCA race at Daytona. Not so at this point. We fully intend on holding this event every year. It's all a function of attendance.
For those of you that feel our fees are excessive take a look at PBOC for both the races and the solo event. WOW. But they do have a point system.
Those that are registered see you in a week. Don't forget that our title sponsor Brumos Porsche has arranged for Hurley Haywood (Brumos VP) to do the chalk talk on Thur. at 5PM and we'll have David Murry on hand to observe and talk on Sat.

Quick Reply: Daytona PCA club race-7-9 Oct