Sponsored by:

Daytona PCA club race-7-9 Oct

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Allen, sign me up with a co-driver for the 90 minute enduro (don't know how to do it online - can't find an edit option to my registration).

Matt, OK, I'll bring it over for you........!

BTW, do send me a couple of stickers (and a hat ) with the new lsd. THANKS FOR GETTING THAT WORKED OUT !!!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:09 PM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 687 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Turtle at Daytona?

Mike, glad to see you signed up for Daytona race, see you there.
Rich
Old 08-24-2011, 06:05 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 121 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
Matt, OK, I'll bring it over for you........!

BTW, do send me a couple of stickers (and a hat ) with the new lsd. THANKS FOR GETTING THAT WORKED OUT !!!!!
We'll see if I can pull off coming out. I just ran the dates by the wife and was met with," You're already going to be on the road 3 weekends in Sept.!!! When are you going to finish the baby's room? Do you realize it's only 2 months until she's due?"

But I'll definitely send the hat and stickers with the LSD.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Matt,

Those are great news mate !!!!!!! Kind regards to your wife.

Now run to Home Depot and pick some pastel colors.........
Old 08-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Rastarace
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona Enduro

Looks like we got the green light for the 3hrs enduro. Since it's the first time PCA will do an enduro over 90min we are in the process of working out the details.
Still waiting for the registration surge. Makes it difficult to plan without accurate numbers but...we'll provide enduro details once they are developed. Until then sign up for an historic event at Daytona and PCA Club Racing.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Lou L
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Allen, Will we be able to rent GOlf Carts there and if so - do you have the contact info?

Thanks,

Lou
Old 08-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Rastarace
Advanced

Default Golf Carts and Enduro

Should have something back from Daytona regarding golf cart rental this week. I'll then provide contact info for reservations.
Breaking news: we have changed the long enduro (3hr) time by one second to 2:59:59.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

PCA CR has been doing enduros since 1998.

However, it has never done an enduro longer than 90 minutes.

I think it is a great move by the race organizers at the Daytona club race to offer a 2:59:59 enduro, with a 90 minute enduro being run as part of it.

Yup, you read that right, the racers registered to run 90 minutes will start at the same time as the 2:59 racers, with a checkered flag thrown at 90 minutes, the field brought in, the 90 minute racers retire to the paddock and the "real" racers going right back out behind the pace car for a single file start to complete their 2:59:59 enduro.

The longer enduro will require two pit stops, both timed and subject to regular PCA CR Enduro Protocols.

The longer enduro will also require a driver change. Susan Shire accordingly won't confirm your registration for the longer enduro until you have designated co driver and that co driver has at least registered for the enduro.

We've been waiting for a race to run a longer enduro for several years. I frankly think it would be fun to run something longer than our regular 60 or 90 minute enduro but I won't get that chance as I'll be stewarding this event (with Ron Mistak). But the 2:59:59 enduro won't happen unless racers register for it!

Why 2:59:59 you ask?

Brumos is the title sponsor for the Daytona CR and they are going to do some fun things with the event.

More to follow from Allen Shirley!
Old 09-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Defiant
Instructor

Quick question. The event notes say registration and inspection is on Thursday. What time would this start and is inspection and registration also available on Friday? I'm trying to get my schedule together .

Defiant #447
Old 09-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Rastarace
Advanced

Default Daytona Registration/Tech

We'll open registration at Noon on Thur. for both the DE and the race. We will be in the turn 1/tunnel registration building. We'll provide specific directions when we get a bit closer to the event. There will be the normal log book review by the national scrutineers at registration. If you don't have a log book you'll have to go though inspection. The location for that will be at infield Blue garages (West) number 10-11/55-56 (next to the scales). DE tech will be in the Yellow garage area (east end). All garage areas will be secured at 7PM. The track will open at
6AM on Friday. Registration (6:30) and tech (7AM) will be open Friday morning also. First DE session will be 8 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:09 PM
87_944s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just signed up today the SP2 group is looking good. I figured I would get in on the action... see you guys at the track
Old 09-09-2011, 05:28 PM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Steward B.
...the field brought in, the 90 minute racers retire to the paddock and the "real" racers going right back out behind the pace car for a single file start to complete their 2:59:59 enduro.
Is there any way this can be done where the "real" racers do not have to give up any time advantage built up over the first half because of the second rolling start?
Old 09-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Rastarace
Advanced

Default Enduro Pause

The rational for the pause is to allow the 90 min enduro racers the opportunity to do a cool down lap before pitting. The solution was to have a checker/yellow at the 90 min point and bring everyone into the pits with the 3 hr racers pausing until the 90 min group is in the paddock. Look at it as a full course yellow. Yes you do give up time you have accumulated but that happens during a full course yellow also.

Don't forget that you'll need a co-driver to run the 3 hr enduro.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:46 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Just registered.

Almost $1000 for a sprint and 90 minute enduro with a garage space??? Oy....
Old 09-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Eifeler
Pro

Originally Posted by analogmike
Just registered.

Almost $1000 for a sprint and 90 minute enduro with a garage space??? Oy....
Mike - I confirmed with Allen that there will be two sprints. Hope that helps with amortization.

Quick Reply: Daytona PCA club race-7-9 Oct