Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   NJMP successfully emerges from Chapter 11 (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/644375-njmp-successfully-emerges-from-chapter-11-a.html)

ProCoach 07-15-2011 09:59 AM

NJMP successfully emerges from Chapter 11

http://mobile.nj.com/advnj/pm_31083/...tguid=uA3A3cxS

Don't know if this link will paste correctly, but good news for all of us with a connection to or interest in the track!

Larry Herman 07-15-2011 10:01 AM

That is great news.

Seth Thomas 07-15-2011 11:05 AM

Great!

Peter are you going to be at Jersey this coming up week with PCA or Ferrari Challenge? If so shoot me an email and let me know as we should meet up since I will be with CTSCC.

sbelles 07-15-2011 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Larry Herman (Post 8714358)
That is great news.

Yes it is!

TeamDrugMoney 07-15-2011 12:29 PM

Perfecto!!!:roflmao:

Thanks for the post Peter!

white924s 07-15-2011 01:26 PM

that's great news!

sleder 07-15-2011 02:12 PM

Good news! I expected this would have been the case.

Potomac-Greg 07-15-2011 02:20 PM

It looks like a management-led group with new money. Generally that means that they cleared out or crammed down their current creditors, but will generally continue down the same path business-wise. That's good thing! (Unless you were a creditor.)

95m3racer 07-15-2011 02:39 PM

I'm sure this was a type, but "“We’re finalizing the paperwork, and getting everything with the creditors in order, with new equity coming in and adhering to our restructuring plan, which includes playing our lenders,” said NJMP General Manager Brad Scott." I assume he meant to say Paying not Playing :)

For the Lazy:

MILLVILLE — After four months of Chapter 11 proceedings, a judge on Thursday approved the New Jersey Motorsports Park’s restructuring plan, allowing the park to emerge from bankruptcy.

The U.S. Bankruptcy Court judge’s decision allows NEI Motorsports, LLC, to purchase a majority stake in the park for approximately $22.5 million.

The group had previously provided the NJMP with a $2 million infusion of money for legal fees, food services at the park, operating costs, “priority” tax claims and to pay unsecured debt.

NEI is made of several park officials, including NJMP co-managing member and co-developer Lee Brahin, and will be headed by Brahin’s NJMP managing partner, R.J. Valentine.

“We’re finalizing the paperwork, and getting everything with the creditors in order, with new equity coming in and adhering to our restructuring plan, which includes playing our lenders,” said NJMP General Manager Brad Scott.

“This is actually a really positive development, going through bankruptcy so quickly; the judge was very complimentary.”

Officials at the NJMP declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy on March 7, after it had become evident they could not pay for the services required to host any of the races in the 2011 racing season.

Chief among those services was the presence of emergency medical technicians from the Millville Rescue Squad, which, as of March, was owed $520,000 in unpaid bills from the NJMP.

As part of the restructuring plan agreement with the Millville Rescue Squad, the NJMP paid $200,000 toward their bill in March. Another $200,000 payment is scheduled for this month.

The park’s largest lender, Merrill Lynch Mortgage Capital, Inc., now part of Bank of America, is the second factor that led the race track’s management to declare bankruptcy.

According to court documents, much of the park’s activities have been funded by a loan from Merrill Lynch totaling $30,354,205.14, and the NJMP management was unable to keep up with the payments.

This year, the loan with Merrill Lynch was up for renewal, and the park defaulted.
Through reorganization, the motorsports park seeks to eliminate approximately $10 million of that secured debt from their ledgers.

According to Scott, the lender will become a minority owner in the NJMP.

Howard Brownstein, of the Brownstein Corporation, the park’s counsel throughout the bankruptcy proceedings, stated the park will continue to work through its debt.

“For Merrill Lynch, which is now Bank of America, which is a six-year lender, (the NJMP) will restructure their debt, and reduce the amount of debt,” said Brownstein.

“This is a very happy ending, and even the judge said that it was rare to have a company out of bankruptcy on a March to July timeline.

“They’re preserving all their jobs, and this is as quick a turn-around as I’ve seen as a professional.”

MUSSBERGER 07-15-2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg (Post 8715036)
It looks like a management-led group with new money. Generally that means that they cleared out or crammed down their current creditors, but will generally continue down the same path business-wise. That's good thing! (Unless you were a creditor.)

unsecured creditor:)

Bigpinekey 07-15-2011 03:31 PM

I wonder if the Millville Rescue Squad had to gobble the $120,000 shortfall (520-200-200)?

MUSSBERGER 07-15-2011 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bigpinekey (Post 8715268)
I wonder if the Millville Rescue Squad had to gobble the $120,000 shortfall (520-200-200)?

Somehow I bet they were creatively made whole.

ProCoach 07-15-2011 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER (Post 8715468)
Somehow I bet they were creatively made whole.

They're on site, so yes, that must be true.

ltc 07-16-2011 07:49 AM

Same clowns, different tent.

chakka 07-16-2011 06:04 PM

My brothers business sold several items to them. Total was under $2000, needless to say 14 months later he's not been paid and probably won't at this point. Not good to do to small business's in the area and i'm sure he's not the only one.

Glad to hear they're moving forward, but local support may not be so supportive in the future endeavors.