Recommendations needed purchasing Sparco race suit

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Recommendations needed purchasing Sparco race suit

Hi All,

Hope you can help. I need suggestions on where I can order a Sparco race suit? Ive tried WineCountry Motorsports. Im looking for an alternative vendor who has some form of online presence and does good pricing?

Suggestions appreciated...

Kind Regards

M
Old 07-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

OG
http://www.ogracing.com/catalog/1-Dr...its/102-Sparco

Your Welcome.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Drew_K
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also like Saferacer.com.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:27 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 760 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Hi All,

Hope you can help. I need suggestions on where I can order a Sparco race suit? Ive tried WineCountry Motorsports. Im looking for an alternative vendor who has some form of online presence and does good pricing?

Suggestions appreciated...
M,

For these kinds of purchases, I really recommend Wine Country Motorsports for a couple of reasons.

First, you are going to want to try on a suit to make sure it fits right. The staff, such as Rob Schwarz who helped me, is great. If you are going to take their time, they deserve a lot of consideration for your business.

Second, Sparco prices just don't vary much so Wine Country Motorsports is not really expensive. In fact, the suit I just bought was cheapest at Wine Country Motorsports.

Finally, Wine Country Motorsports has an online presence.

Look, if you use vendors such as Wine Country Motorsports to try stuff on and figure out what we want and then buy somewhere else, we won't have a place to try stuff on any more.

Scott
Old 07-13-2011, 06:42 PM
LDadrenaline
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wine Country does have an online presence... and as stated above, sparco is very tight with their pricing. You will not find very much variance between vendors. In fact, when I went to order a suit on closeout a few years ago directly from sparco they sent me a list of vendors and said to call any. the price was exactly the same.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:56 PM
TX951
Instructor

My buddy runs ProAm, and it's a great place to buy racing gear. www.proamauto.com

Ask for John and tell him the price you want to beat.

Quinn
Old 07-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 150 Likes on 96 Posts

We have a large inventory of Sparco suits on the shelf and ready to ship at OG Racing. We are their largest warehouse distributor 16 years and counting. We also have a nice selection of closeout Sparco suits in stock. Our experienced sales staff will be able to assist you and selecting the correct size and model of Sparco suit to meet your needs and be within your budget. Plus we are a Rennlist Sponsor.

If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1-800-934-9112. We would love to assist you!

Thanks,
Old 07-13-2011, 07:25 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a good deal on a closeout Sparco from OG... have always been happy with their service.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:51 PM
winders
Race Car

I have had great experiences with OG Racing as well. But, if we always use the online stores, even when their prices aren't better, none of us will have local shops to do business with. With a racing suit and shoes, you really want to try the suit and shoes on. Support your local vendor when it makes sense. This is one of those cases when it does....

Scott
Old 07-13-2011, 08:29 PM
DanR
Drifting

OG all the way - great guys to deal with and they support PCA so in my book we should support them
Old 07-13-2011, 08:41 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Pm Carrera51. He's mark from og.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:53 PM
winders
Race Car

Wow. Maybe you guys don't have any local shops. We used to have more in California. The online shops put many out of business. I admit to not buying much from local shops because every penny counts these days. But come on, if you have a local shop, and you want it to stay open, at least buy from it when the cost is the same.

Macca has a local shop.......at least he does for now.

Scott
Old 07-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 150 Likes on 96 Posts

Scott has a very valid point. You should support your local vendor. If it turns out they don't have something to your liking, we would be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a full service showroom at our warehouse and the pro shop at Summit Point Motorsports Park (I know that doesn't do Macca much good), in addition to our online presence.

Thanks guys for all your support! We will always appreciate it.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks everyone for your help.

I emailed OG and I am dealing with Steve Wu and hes seem like a really good guy. Hopefully I will be purchasing from OG. Thanks Mark.

Scott. Winecountry have been good in the past. I have ordered stuff from them but their site isnt as good as some of teh others as it does not map their stock availability or take an electronic feed from Sparco USA and get updated overnight.

I live in the South Pacific not the USA. I dont have a Sparco dealer in the country I live unfortunately. I do have a US postal address to make it easy to buy stuff.

Cheers
M
Old 07-13-2011, 11:09 PM
winders
Race Car

Originally Posted by Carrera51
Scott has a very valid point. You should support your local vendor. If it turns out they don't have something to your liking, we would be more than happy to assist you.

We also have a full service showroom at our warehouse and the pro shop at Summit Point Motorsports Park (I know that doesn't do Macca much good), in addition to our online presence.

Thanks guys for all your support! We will always appreciate it.
^^^^^ = Class act......

Scott

Quick Reply: Recommendations needed purchasing Sparco race suit