Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Charlotte Motor Speedway ROVAL Experience?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:36 AM
SH || NC
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KRA993tt
Lots of interesting comments. How often do you go off track at other DE's? How often have you hit walls or barriers at other DE's?

I've raced CMS the past two years and will be able two race the roval twice this year. It takes a while to get oriented and if you have not been on a banked oval the perspective is foreign. I would think it would be similar to your first time going through South Bend at VIR or under the Bridge and down the hill at Road Atlanta. You can go very fast if you want too. The garages are great. Watch you right side tire pressures and wear. The only issues with set up usually is from the G-loads going into Nascar 3. Tires can rub if the car is too low. Not a big deal but something to watch. Go for it you'll have fun.
I’m usually pretty measured, just taking off little bites at a time, and this is at tracks I'm familiar with. I did just have an off that required my first true repair, but even without that experience, I expect to be pretty timid at this new track and new driving experience (banking), but the comments above I guess spooked me a little more than I had planned. Thanks for the info and perspective!

"..you gotta do it at least once."

Exactly! Its not often I think that in this region you get to run on a track like this (like Daytona, or Sebring) for a DE, so I want to do it just for the experience; not looking to set fast lap.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:24 PM
KRA993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With that mindset how can you go wrong? I know Jody (Bigpinekey) had some tire issues when we were there but I think you will be surprised how little the tire wear is in general. Hope you have a great time.

Quick Reply: Charlotte Motor Speedway ROVAL Experience?