Sponsored by:

987.2 Cayman S 3.8 DFI Conversion Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:44 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
We will not be supporting the PDK gearbox with an LSD any time in the foreseeable future. Have you seen one of them out of the car? The factory LSD is smaller than a 901 differential. There's not enough room in there to get a proper LSD into that case. Without a well functioning LSD I don't think a PDK car would ever be competitive in a real racing environment. They make great DE track toys but we do not consider the current manifestation of the PDK gearbox race worthy.
Sad news for me...ARRRGH. Any suggestions on if rebuilding the stock LSD in my PDK 09 Carrera S is worth it?

I took it to my dealer and told them the LSD was shot. They had the car for a day and told me it works fine and is with in spec. WTF? LOL
Old 04-06-2011, 03:33 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 121 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Sad news for me...ARRRGH. Any suggestions on if rebuilding the stock LSD in my PDK 09 Carrera S is worth it?

I took it to my dealer and told them the LSD was shot. They had the car for a day and told me it works fine and is with in spec. WTF? LOL
Mike,
This is what your inner plates look like:

Not very confidence inspiring and add in the fact that it's a zero preload unit and it's another piece of junk from OEM sources. Here's my whole thread on the subject, though it's talking about the Cayman it would apply to yours as well.
https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...rsche-lsd.html

We are working on a service pack for your factory LSD, but it may be a little while yet. I hoped to have it to market before the snow melted but our sequential gearbox project got bumped up to the front of the R&D line and we've only got one engineer in house.
The following users liked this post:
rmann (05-02-2023)

Quick Reply: 987.2 Cayman S 3.8 DFI Conversion Question