Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HANS Sport Series vs. Safety Solutions Pro Rage

Old 03-31-2012, 01:48 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ive not ever worn a hans in the car but from helping teammates in and out with the hans on it seems much easier to navigate in and out of the car and i hardly noticed it was on in the car besides the lack of head movement forward and side to side somewhat. I think on the track it will be great.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:18 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
Given that the R3 does not interact with the harnesses at all (it's anchored to your body) logic would say .
Yes but reality is basilar skull fracture is not a common failure mode of our bodies in 3pt belts. HNR is for BSF the original intent. Can they reduce injury in other directions perhaps just like the silver "badge" the 1850's sheriff wears can stop a bullet.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:44 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
I have put on both back to back. Standing outside the car I talked myself into noticing a difference. In the car there was no difference whatsoever.

The few times I've had someone ask about the Pro vs. the Pro Rage I've pushed them to the Pro Rage. I make less on it, but it's not worth it unless the person really wants the Pro version.

Other than the weight the chest strap connector is slightly different too, but nothing I'd worry about. Buckle A vs. Buckle B and nothing functionally different.

Go with the Pro Rage. Depending on the size I have them in stock.

--Joe
Joe, tried to look at your website. Can't get it to open. I wanted to check the Pro Rage.
Thanks
Old 04-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Sent you a PM
Old 04-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Being a former R3 distributer- I was an advocate for them. But after ditching it after 5+ years of use and going for a HANS Sport 2 with sliding tethers.... It was night and day. I love the HANS with sliding tethers over the R3.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Laertes
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Anybody have any strong opinions on the straight vs. contoured models of the R3? And from Simpson's website it's not very clear which additional parts are needed-- will it work seamlessly with any HANS compatible helmet (in my case an Arai GP-5W) with the included hardware, or do I need some other parts?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The pre-drilled spots are the same for all of the devices on the market. It is an FIA location now actually.

All of the models work just fine with those locations. Nothing else is needed.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:12 PM
OGRacing
Addict Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
The HANS won't work with 3 point belts. I'm not sure if the Pro Rage will work with 3 point belts. The regular R3 will work with three point belts though.
I've posted more than once on the H&N systems and their use. I will say this again. I have asked for ANY test results from the manufacturers that we purchase the devices from, including the R3, where the device was tested using a 3 POINT belt. After 4+ years of asking we havn't been given any results. Why? Because as far as we know, NONE have been tested using 3 point belts. If someone else has seen an independent test labs report, please enlighten us all. Not, a friend told me or I heard about a report or someone's sister's brother was there when they did a test, but the actual test results. I understand that this post may rub some people the wrong way, but we have tried to give the best advice on safety equipment for the last 22 years. Thanks for reading.

Bill
info@ogracing.com

Sparco's Largest Distributor for 28 Years
PFC Distributor for 27 Years
Pagid, Alpinestars, MOMO, OMP, Hawk, Bell, Aim, G-Force, HJC,
HANS, Arai, Simpson, Brey Krause, Longacre, CoolShirt!
Supplying Track Junkies for 34 Years.

PCA Club Racing - National Sponsor Since 1998

A Veteran Owned Business

Check out our blog!

Old 04-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 758 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by OGRacing
I've posted more than once on the H&N systems and their use. I will say this again. I have asked for ANY test results from the manufacturers that we purchase the devices from, including the R3, where the device was tested using a 3 POINT belt. After 4+ years of asking we havn't been given any results. Why? Because as far as we know, NONE have been tested using 3 point belts. If someone else has seen an independent test labs report, please enlighten us all. Not, a friend told me or I heard about a report or someone's sister's brother was there when they did a test, but the actual test results. I understand that this post may rub some people the wrong way, but we have tried to give the best advice on safety equipment for the last 22 years. Thanks for reading.

Bill
I hear you. I'm was just repeating what they (Safety Solutions, now Simpson) say in regards to the R3.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HANS Sport Series vs. Safety Solutions Pro Rage