Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RENNSPORT REUNION IV IS OFFICIALLY ON!!!

Old 03-20-2011, 06:54 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mcongleton
I spoke with Barry at Laguna Seca last week. He said they may try to keep enteries to 200 cars. With registration being handled by Laguna Seca/SCRAMP I would think Brian Redman is not going to be in charge as he was in earlier Rennsports.

If only 200 cars are accepted, this will be an exclusive event like the Porsche 50th event was at the Historics.

Mark
If 2009 was any indication of SCAMP's involvement it will be a hudge clusterfcuk.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:13 PM
mclaudio
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mcongleton
I spoke with Barry at Laguna Seca last week. He said they may try to keep enteries to 200 cars. With registration being handled by Laguna Seca/SCRAMP I would think Brian Redman is not going to be in charge as he was in earlier Rennsports.

If only 200 cars are accepted, this will be an exclusive event like the Porsche 50th event was at the Historics.

Mark
Thanks for info. 200 cars seem low. IIRC at last year's Monterey Historics, I think there were much more than 200...so I think they can arguably handle more but may be limiting it for more exclusivity as you mentioned.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:20 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just in case there are not enough vendors hawking car memorabilia at the event, attendees might want to check out this shop in Carmel (20 minutes from the track).

Woodies of Carmel

I stumbled into this place while vacationing out there last week. Cool place. They're a sponsor of the Porsche Race Car Classic at Quail Lodge on Sunday, but since they're just a two-person operation, they can't make it to Laguna Seca for the main event. Worth the stop if you're in the neighborhood.
Attached Images   
Old 08-04-2011, 02:28 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ATL986
I think I may take the week off and drive. I have always wanted to do a cross country drive. Anyone care to join me?
Originally Posted by SeaCay
IF (that's a HUGE if) I decide to drive, I'll be coming from Tampa. The route takes me to I-20 in Miss, then across to Dallas, ABQ, etc. I think that would be your route as well.

I'll keep in touch as the time comes.
Originally Posted by azbanks
I am really thinking about making the drive up from Phoenix. I'd be happy to caravan along with anyone else coming through this way. I'll probably bring my boys and do the camping option.

EDIT - Tickets are bought. The boys and I will be camping on-site. Who wants to meet in Phoenix for the drive up?
I'm starting to think about it. Wouldn't want to do it alone; that's a lot of miles in a GT3 w/o a spare tire! But a caravan would make it fun. I'm in Dallas (along the route from Tampa and Atlanta, to Phoenix to Monterey).
Old 08-04-2011, 02:41 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SeaCay
I've driven the 17mi drive twice. Didn't require anything more than a toll. What am I missing?
You'd be missing the much better drive down to Big Sur via the Pacific Coast Highway! It's just a few more minutes in the opposite direction from 17 mile drive.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:33 AM
jimxyz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't have tickets already... Yesterday the Porsche Corral parking was listed as SOLD OUT - but today, I was able to get tickets on the web site - sweet! (Parking in the weeds at Laguna Seca is the only part of the track that I don't like. The Corral is still dirt, but at least its more like an actual lot)
Old 09-10-2011, 02:45 AM
edwin814
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimxyz
If you don't have tickets already... Yesterday the Porsche Corral parking was listed as SOLD OUT - but today, I was able to get tickets on the web site - sweet! (Parking in the weeds at Laguna Seca is the only part of the track that I don't like. The Corral is still dirt, but at least its more like an actual lot)
Sweet! Thanks for the heads-up. Just bought it. I was bummed when I found out that the corral pass was sold out. Luckily I didn't buy the ticket then.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:17 AM
RPetty
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone wants...

I can leave a message at Pebble Beach Gates that I'm having guests and parties all week.

No charge to get into 17 Mile Drive

Just use my name:

Richard Petty
1082 Wranglers Trail Rd

Let me know.......
Old 09-12-2011, 02:42 AM
mclaudio
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RPetty
If anyone wants...

I can leave a message at Pebble Beach Gates that I'm having guests and parties all week.

Just use my name:

Richard Petty
1082 Wranglers Trail Rd

Let me know.......

I'll take you up on your offer. I'll have family/friends with me and one of them has not been through the 17m drive. Is my name required to be on guest list at the gate or can I just mention your name?
Old 09-14-2011, 03:11 AM
jimxyz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is anyone else going to the event at the Quail on Sunday? That looks like it is going to be an unbelievable collection of Porsches.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:14 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Is anyone else going to the event at the Quail on Sunday? That looks like it is going to be an unbelievable collection of Porsches.
My buddy & I are going.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:46 AM
rstrahota
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RPetty
If anyone wants...

Just use my name:

Richard Petty
1082 Wranglers Trail Rd

Let me know.......
thanks!
ds
Old 09-14-2011, 09:49 AM
rstrahota
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also plan to go to the Quail event as a few buddies are showing their cars and the event chair always does a terrific job. Besides, its a fund raiser to battle lung cancer.

Hopefully, my race will not be rescheduled as right now looks like I could get over to the Quail event by noon.

ds
Old 09-14-2011, 12:51 PM
mclaudio
Burning Brakes

I plan to go, in spite of scheduled track time at LS. I'm looking forward to the event.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:22 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 130 Posts

Has anyone opted for the Premier Pit Row Suites? Is it even remotely worth it? 3-day Flagroom option sounds decent but even that may not even be worth it vs just getting a 3-day Corral pass.

And as far as the Classic, $400 for one admit? Yipes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RENNSPORT REUNION IV IS OFFICIALLY ON!!!