Sponsored by:

Sore back at the track....

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 01:33 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
A combination of stretching and icing is going to be the best unless he is going to change to a seat and harness setup that is going to hold him in place better. Pushing a car hard in a DE with stock seats really requires a lot of effort from the body to keep things in place and upright. Avoid using dry heat.

Stretch before the session (especially the hamstrings and quads, they can pull the pelvis out of alignment and cause low back pain when tight), and ice afterwards for 20 minutes.
Hey Doc, my crappy lower back feels best when I'm racing around in my tight race seat. Getting in-n-out can be a bitch, but once I'm seated it's a continual adjustment.....
Old 02-25-2011, 01:51 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Whosurdaddy
[duplicating this post into this more appropriate location]

I am posting for my Uncle who has a 2010 997C2S and a good bit of track experience. Last year he went with me to VIR with First Settlers Region and ended up pulling his back while on track.

To prevent this from happening this year, I'm suggesting a CG Lock, hooking him with a small carpet non-skid pad then making sure his seat is adjusted properly before he goes out the first time (looking to put his body closer to the steering wheel to increase leverage to the elbows, not the shoulders/back).

Anyone have any other non-medicinal preventive measures that could help? Note that installing a proper harness is going to be a no go.

Thanks in advance!
i have cglock - it will press lower body into seat very well but if his upper back is not restrained by a seat properly and slides sideways (read - he got usual 'standard' manual or electric seats) it is not going to help much as he will still be forced to use his hands to press his back into seat and lower back tension will be quite severe.
to find a good compromise seat is a problem if one is not ready to put in proper buckets like gt3 euro seats. recaro cs i got now is way better then old seat but still it is not nearly same as a proper bucket.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:59 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I should have said "Buy a 924"!
Gary,

What brand are those? Me likey.

Also, best solution is a snug-fitting race seat and harnesses. My back issues all but disappeared.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:49 PM
prg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 aleve before track.
2 fingers of glenlivet after track. ( The ice works better here than on your back.)

Quick Reply: Sore back at the track....