Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need New Harnesses

Old 02-02-2011, 09:36 PM
dehavens
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need New Harnesses

My Harnesses have expired and I have been searching all the internets for new replacements.

Is anybody selling new Schroth Harnesses at a discount? Maybe a Rennlist or PCA discount? It seems like every online retailer has the exact same prices.

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Which ones are you looking for??
Old 02-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my FIA Schroth Clubman belts from HMS Motorsports in Mass. I think. Phone-978-774-1615. They were $200, and have been on my car for a year and 11 races, including the Runoffs, and they were the best belts I have used. I use to use G Force with Cam Loc, but I like the Schroth better, and they are camlocs also.

By the way, I use to live on the corner of Roberts and West Main Street in Franklin, Tn. Haven't been there in a while.

Bill Seifert
Old 02-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

HMS is the importer for Schroth harnesses. If that is what you are looking for give them a call.

BimmerWorld also carries a full line of Schroth harnesses and can help you with any questions you might have on the differences in the products along with how to install them
Old 02-02-2011, 11:56 PM
dehavens
Advanced

Originally Posted by Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
Which ones are you looking for??
Originally Posted by Bill L Seifert
I got my FIA Schroth Clubman belts from HMS Motorsports in Mass. I think. Phone-978-774-1615. They were $200, and have been on my car for a year and 11 races, including the Runoffs, and they were the best belts I have used. I use to use G Force with Cam Loc, but I like the Schroth better, and they are camlocs also.

By the way, I use to live on the corner of Roberts and West Main Street in Franklin, Tn. Haven't been there in a while.

Bill Seifert
I have had no problem finding people selling the harnesses... just looking for a discount I think the clubman would be fine especially since I need two sets. I have been using Teamtech harnesses.

I grew up in Franklin and live a few miles from there. If you haven't been here in a while you wouldn't recognize the place. i think we now have one of every restaurant.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:56 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Our best seller is the Profi-II 6 - it comes with a 2" lapbelt so you can cinch the laps tighter around the hips. The belt can be ordered with the standard 3" shoulder belts or the 2" shoulder belts that Schroth recommends with a HANS device.

Here's the link to our Schroth harnesses page:

http://www.apexperformance.net/cartg...t.asp?scat=211

The Clubman only comes with 3" laps and 3" shoulders and the hardware/adjusters are heavier. You also need to order the mounting hardware if it's a new install (eyebolts/backup plates/bolts etc.).

Any ??, feel free to contact us.

PS: Apex Performance is a Rennlist sponsor - support your sponsors!

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 02-03-2011, 09:17 AM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Probably the strongest harness on the market: http://www.hookerharness.com/racing.php
Old 02-03-2011, 10:07 AM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Following with interest.

I don't want to hijack here, but I think this question is related to the OP so..

Is there a real difference between harnesses ? That is, is there a real reason (other than HANS compatible, sizing, etc) to buy a 'Schroth' over a 'G-Force', just for example ??

Honest question from a person new to same.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:46 AM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by cello
Is there a real difference between harnesses ?
Only if you hit something.

"Certified" harnesses are subjected to rather low loads in pass/fail tests. If you wish to be protected in a high impact -- with a reasonable safety factor thrown in -- you need to double those numbers. Once the safety issue is addressed it's a matter of features and cost.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:35 AM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Harness differences

The more expensive harnesses usually come with all the mounting hardware and offer more choices (pull-up, pull-down, bolt-in, snap-in, HANS shoulders).

For example, Gforce makes 5 and 6 point FIA harnesses. However, you have to order the pull-down lap belt style if you want the FIA certification (FIA good for 5 years). These harnesses come with bolt-in ends and you supply the bolts and backup plates if needed. If you want snap-in ends, you have to purchase the snaphooks & eyebolts separately.

The Schroth Profi harnesses can be configured as pull up or pull down lap & includes all mounting hardware. Schroth also offers the "HANS" 2" shoulder option. Gforce does not. The Schroth hardware is light-weight and the webbing is softer.

To be honest, we use a HANS and just use the standard 3" belts. However, some customers prefer the 2" shoulder belt as it lays smoother/flatter over the device.

IMO, biggest bang for the buck is Gforce, Schroth has all the bells & whistles tho. We have a Schroth on the driver side and a Gforce on the passenger side of our 968.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bill L Seifert
Did you ever frequent McCreary's or the Merc?
Old 02-03-2011, 02:36 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexPerformance
The more expensive harnesses usually come with all the mounting hardware and offer more choices (pull-up, pull-down, bolt-in, snap-in, HANS shoulders).

For example, Gforce makes 5 and 6 point FIA harnesses. However, you have to order the pull-down lap belt style if you want the FIA certification (FIA good for 5 years). These harnesses come with bolt-in ends and you supply the bolts and backup plates if needed. If you want snap-in ends, you have to purchase the snaphooks & eyebolts separately.

The Schroth Profi harnesses can be configured as pull up or pull down lap & includes all mounting hardware. Schroth also offers the "HANS" 2" shoulder option. Gforce does not. The Schroth hardware is light-weight and the webbing is softer.

To be honest, we use a HANS and just use the standard 3" belts. However, some customers prefer the 2" shoulder belt as it lays smoother/flatter over the device.

IMO, biggest bang for the buck is Gforce, Schroth has all the bells & whistles tho. We have a Schroth on the driver side and a Gforce on the passenger side of our 968.
I've lived with both, and in my opinion, the quality of the materials and mechanisms is superior on the Schroths. That's not to say that the Gforce won't protect you just as well, Just that the Schroth belts are more supple and easier to work with, and the hardware is higher quality and functions more efficiently (for lack of a better word).
Old 02-03-2011, 06:36 PM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cello
Following with interest.

I don't want to hijack here, but I think this question is related to the OP so..

Is there a real difference between harnesses ? That is, is there a real reason (other than HANS compatible, sizing, etc) to buy a 'Schroth' over a 'G-Force', just for example ??

Honest question from a person new to same.
ditto re Schroth and Sparco. Any key differences one should be aware of?
Old 02-04-2011, 09:13 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gbaker
Probably the strongest harness on the market: http://www.hookerharness.com/racing.php
likely be my next set. I looked at a set in an stunt plane and the materal and work looks top shelf throughout.
I looked on the site but can't find an answer to the certs. Are the belts 2 or 5 year? 5 year and a $70 reweb to go to 10 years = the top of the line Hooker belts for the white car.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

I've had Hooker belts and they don't compare in ease, fit, comfort to Schroth. The padding along the mid section makes them near impossible to cinch properly. 2" lap belts are a HUGE improvement over the old 3 inch design. The Hooker's may be stronger, but I'm not aware of any cases of Schroth's breaking because they weren't "strong enough." Can anyone point me to some examples?

My guess is that the Hooker's aren't FIA (the website only mentions SFI) which means you'll be re-webbing or replacing every 2 years.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need New Harnesses