Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   FS: Pair of new (2011) OMP Prototipo carbon seats (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/607776-fs-pair-of-new-2011-omp-prototipo-carbon-seats.html)

ZSA Motorsport 12-22-2010 11:53 AM

FS: Pair of new (2011) OMP Prototipo carbon seats

5 Attachment(s)
The team bought a bunch of the OMP Prototipo HANS seats as part of a Grand Am team discount. We had to do so to get the discount and get them freighted in.

It’s their most advanced seat. Same specs as the OMP HTE and HTE Carbon, the seats that usually come stock in the Cup cars though about 7/10ths of a kilo less in weight. Super light weight seat. 6.1kg vs approximately 12kg for the Recaro SPGs.

Very progressive padding, very modular so you can adjust tweak (and be even lighter if you remove). What i think is fantastic is that its really low profile on the side with smaller padding so you end up with extra space for your hands to fit on the left side and right side of the seat to tighten or loosen belt straps. The lower profile seat also gives better visibility and looks great.

Out of the order, we have two (2) extra seats. OMP has agreed to take them back at Daytona testing but we got a great deal and i figured we'd offer it out to members of RL before we just take a credit back. We arent making a dollar on this at all other than covering our costs.

Retail is $2399. We got a huge discount from OMP as part . I have two (2) available.

Price to you: $1500 to you plus figure 50 to $100 shipping. you pay shipping whatever it is. One is brand new never installed. The other we put in the Miata just yesterday to check fitment (was fine, but car is underweight by a bunch and this wont help). perfect seat, but it was opened.

But here's the important point, im told. u can NOT get OMP THE Carbons, or REcaro Carbons at all . no one has any. Infact even the recaro carbons are sold out. I guess the suppliers , importers did not bring them in. So everyone is sold out. Thats why we ordered a bunch since we probably wouldnt see any later in the year.

If interested, PM and off they go.

bb993tt 12-22-2010 12:02 PM

PM sent.

ZSA Motorsport 12-22-2010 12:09 PM

wow. that \was quick. i believe both are sold. two Rennlisters said they wanted them and would paypal over shortly.

If anyone else is interested, shoot me a PM or email me steve 'at' trademanage.com and if they balk, ill go to next in line.

good luck and enjoy. glad we could hook someone up.

mklaskin 12-22-2010 12:31 PM

Do these work with the exisiting OMP side mounts?

analogmike 12-22-2010 12:48 PM

Nice, if I hadn't just gotten a CF Recaro for my '73 I would be all over one.

ZSA Motorsport 12-23-2010 06:17 AM

all sold

Gang,

I appreciate all the emails. Both seats are fully sold.
I had so many PMs and emails that i reached out to the supplier to see if he could get more, or get near the price he had given me.
he wasnt sure, didnt want to offend his dealers. obviously i could do what i wanted with my two because im an end user, not a dealer, etc.
i mentioned to the supplier/importer that perhaps he could arrange a group buy through one of the dealers, gave him the link tho this thread. if he desires to further this, im sure he jump in and wind it up.

but at this point, unfortunately, they are fully sold and done, and shipped.
thanks again ,and enjoy.

ZSA Motorsport 01-01-2011 09:06 PM

FS: Last recaro SPA Profil carbon seat, (NON_XL) in the country

1 Attachment(s)
FS- one remaining Recaro SPA Profile, Hans...

we bought a few of these for a few of the cars as well.
they are terrific seats. weigh in around 9 lbs which is about 4,5 lbs less than even the OMP prototipos and OMP HTEs, about 13 lbs less than the Recaro SPG Hans.

unfortunately, our 987 grand am car is a chunk underweight so we're going to put a new SPG seat in the car which will gain back about 13lbs helping us better get close to the rules minimum weight.

We had bought the last 4 of these seats from Recaro the weke before christmas. these were the last 4 they had.
this is the NON-XL, normal width.
REtail is like $2900, not cheap. but at 9lbs for one of the best seats on the market, at 9lbs, its a premier component. It fits precisely and exactly like the Recaro SPG hans seats. just carbon in stead of fiberglass which saves those 13,14 pounds.

more info here:
http://www.recaro.com/us/product-are...hansr-spa.html

We got a good deal in buying all 4.

You can have it at our price of $2350, plus you have to pay shipping which i'd estimate at 40 to 80 bucks in the US.

I only have one. Ill try to get pictures tomorrow, but its brand new, we have th ebox, etc. it was put in the Grand Am car for fitment and weighing the car. but never driven, raced, etc. brand spankin' new.

if interested, PM. its the last one in the country. or email me steve "AT" trademanage "dot" com

ZSA Motorsport 01-05-2011 12:42 PM

sold tx.

Originally Posted by spg993tt (Post 8175023)
FS- one remaining Recaro SPA Profile, Hans...

we bought a few of these for a few of the cars as well.
they are terrific seats. weigh in around 9 lbs which is about 4,5 lbs less than even the OMP prototipos and OMP HTEs, about 13 lbs less than the Recaro SPG Hans.

unfortunately, our 987 grand am car is a chunk underweight so we're going to put a new SPG seat in the car which will gain back about 13lbs helping us better get close to the rules minimum weight.

We had bought the last 4 of these seats from Recaro the weke before christmas. these were the last 4 they had.
this is the NON-XL, normal width.
REtail is like $2900, not cheap. but at 9lbs for one of the best seats on the market, at 9lbs, its a premier component. It fits precisely and exactly like the Recaro SPG hans seats. just carbon in stead of fiberglass which saves those 13,14 pounds.

more info here:
http://www.recaro.com/us/product-are...hansr-spa.html

We got a good deal in buying all 4.

You can have it at our price of $2350, plus you have to pay shipping which i'd estimate at 40 to 80 bucks in the US.

I only have one. Ill try to get pictures tomorrow, but its brand new, we have th ebox, etc. it was put in the Grand Am car for fitment and weighing the car. but never driven, raced, etc. brand spankin' new.

if interested, PM. its the last one in the country. or email me steve "AT" trademanage "dot" com