Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iracing car mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 09:15 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

SPG basically i was trying to tell you what everyone else did after my post. I understand what you were looking for but i do not think its possible to simulate being in the car with iracing. Now may be if you had an F1 simulator or something high tech as the machines use, it may be possible.

Peace!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

And EA sports wanted $$$$$$$$ even though they really aren't competitors IMO
Old 12-17-2010, 09:53 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

if you want porsches you're gonna have to do Rfactor as far as I know, I've got some good ones including the gt3cup on my simulator
Old 12-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
if you want porsches you're gonna have to do Rfactor as far as I know, I've got some good ones including the gt3cup on my simulator
Yep, they are on rFactor but the modeling of the tracks and cars is mediocre at best. Not to say the racing isn't fun but nothing compares to iRacing for accuracy of the tracks and (in most cases) modeling of the cars. I would think you would have a full blown motion simulator CJ!
Old 12-20-2010, 11:45 AM
kevin135
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys, I'm a little late to this thread but will try and answer any questions you have about iRacing.

Most have been answered already, but I can tell you for sure (I work for iRacing)

No, you can't 'mod' car physics in iRacing. Cars and tracks are built through licensed partnerships so they are as close to the real thing as you can get on a a PC simulation. Our partners would not be willing to share data with us if we allowed members to alter things. Tracks are millimeter accurate thanks to the laser scanning process and cars are built to the same level of detail.

Porsche - we get this question a lot. We would love to add a Porsche to the stable. We need a license to be able to do that, otherwise we could never get enough data to build it properly, not mention Porsche would not like us very much if we faked one. We are always working on new partnerships with car manufacturers so you never know what will be coming down the road (this is not meant as a tease, just a reminder that iRacing is always adding content).

If anyone has specific questions about iRacing let me know either here or through a PM, happy to help.

Kevin

PS - I have driven many motion platforms, including the Cruden Hexapod ($300,000). My personal feeling is that none of them do motion correctly, they can't sustain g-forces and all have some sort of lag. My preference is no motion vs. incorrect motion.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Kevin,

We want Porsches!

Some more tracks would be good too ...
- Nurburgring (dream I know ...)
- Calabogie Motorsports Park
- Le Circuit Mont Tremblant

Bought my setup and assembled it yesterday (other than monitors). Should be good to go by the end of the week!

Quick Reply: Iracing car mods