Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

996 Racing seat w/ 3 point seat belt?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 01:40 PM
V225
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996 Racing seat w/ 3 point seat belt?

Hi everyone,
My recaro profi's are coming today and I'd like to use my stock point seat belts for street driving. However I just noticed that the buckles are attached to the stock seats!!! How/where can I mount the buckles to the car? Do I have to weld a steel support from the car floor, or can I use the handbrake hollow opening to secure the buckle?

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2010, 03:23 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Brey Krause makes a seatbelt adapter for the tunnel side belt mount that will bolt it under the slider like the factory seat. They also make the tunnel and side clip in adaptors for six point harnesses as well.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:18 PM
V225
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. So there's no way of mounting it without special equipment? Also do I have to cut the buckle wire, or is there a way to remove the buckle with the wire intact?

Thanks!

Edit: I managed to get it out with the wire intact. I'm wondering if I could just mount the buckle to the slider of the seat without any special parts as a stop-gap until the BK unit arrives.

Last edited by V225; 11-18-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:01 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

On an early car I simply located the pivot point where it would be with the factory location and drilled a hole in the sidemount (the heavy alum one), and using the factory hardware with a grade 8 nylock bolted it to the side mount. It worked fine, but you need to make sure the seatbelt receiver isn't too long or at an odd angle, which is often a problem with the racing shells. You will need a small spacer between the receiver tab and the sidemount so it pivots properly but doesn't fall down between the seat and tunnel.

Quick Reply: 996 Racing seat w/ 3 point seat belt?