Bruno Senna
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Sakon Yamamoto
0%
Takuma Sato (Master of all that is carbon fiber)
4.26%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (the final round)

Old 11-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Finn, thanks for applying the hex again....

Old 11-09-2010, 01:54 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theporscheguy
Vettel for the win and Alonso for the WDC. Vettel will have "communication issues" that will prevent him from moving over for Webber. The strife within Red Bull will play right into Alonso's hands.
Originally Posted by 968TurboS
There is a lot of animosity between them and I think Vettel wouldn't mind giving him payback for the earlier joust. Vettel does not have to worry about what the team will think if he doesn't move over. The team is 100% behind him and he knows that. The odd man out is Webber and he seems to be upsetting his management with constant complaints.
Originally Posted by M758
It is my feeling Vettel will try to win the race. Vettel will attempt to secure pole and drive away with it. He will try to make it hard if impossible for Webber to be behind him as he knows that his chances go down like that. My bet is Vettel will try to run up front and hope back luck falls on Webber or Alonso. Then it will be a no issue.
Originally Posted by jbossolo
I don't think Vettel will move for Webber.
I agree and don't see Vettel moving over, if he can he'll try to run off, putting enough distance to Webber that he can't let him by. Maybe Webber will have to turn down his engine like in Turkey Vettel is a future world champ and is showing his teeth like they all do... if Webber brings the WDC to Red Bull he will be seen as having had the upper hand to Vettel, who, as their fair haired son (they should be proud, he has done well, though still kinda punky ) will have been beaten by the red haired step child (no offense to red haired step children ) He is a long term asset to them and Mark? Not so much....

On with the brawl!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 02:48 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 79 Posts

I dunno... I don't think it will hurt Vettel's stock much if he were to (say) run away with the race and then hand it over to Webber near the end so that he (Webber) could take the championship.

Prost being a close second to Lauda in '84 didn't hurt his career.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:55 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 500_19B
I dunno... I don't think it will hurt Vettel's stock much if he were to (say) run away with the race and then hand it over to Webber near the end so that he (Webber) could take the championship.

Prost being a close second to Lauda in '84 didn't hurt his career.
Mmmm, did Prost and Lauda run into each other during the season? Was there constant bickering amongst teammates? If the answer to that is no, then this doesn't apply.
These guys might be teammates but the team has allowed them to race free of consequences. Neither one HAS to take one for the team. If anything, their corporate slogan is to let them both race and decide amongst themselves. Vettel will not give up. He will run away and make it almost impossible to even have team orders come into play. If Alonso qualifies right behind the redbulls, he will be on the cleanside and would be in perfect position to pick off the 2nd redbull.
What would be interesting is, what if Alonso is running 3rd (behind Vettel and Webber), does he force the issue and try to pass Webber so Webber can't be given a pass (highly unlikely)? In that scenario, would Webber take Alonso out and hand the championship to Vettel?
There are a lot of possibilities.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:38 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Webber FTW. Vettel will take the lead and give Webber the pass if he is mathematically eliminated. Look for Ferrari to do anything to win, including something questionable.
What you saying .. They Hired Schumacher for the final .......
Old 11-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, they hired Alonso.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:03 PM
PPo
Drifting

Going into the last few laps, it will be Vettel, Webber, and Alonso. Vettel will let Webber by... and then Alonso has two choices. Do nothing, and loose the WDC, or try to take out Vettel while staying on track... and that would give Alonso the win.

Based on passed character performance from Alonso, what do you guys think he would do?
Old 11-09-2010, 09:08 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PPo
Going into the last few laps, it will be Vettel, Webber, and Alonso. Vettel will let Webber by... and then Alonso has two choices. Do nothing, and loose the WDC, or try to take out Vettel while staying on track... and that would give Alonso the win.

Based on passed character performance from Alonso, what do you guys think he would do?
Radio the team and have them contact Charlie Whiting and remove Vettel from the track?
Old 11-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This just in:

Due to Philipe Massa's increasingly recurring migraine headaches due to his horrific crash last year at the German Grand Prix, Ferrari has announced that he will be sitting out the last race at Abu Dhabi. Fortunately they were able to retain the services of Nelson Piquet, Jr who will be taking Massa's seat.

In a similarly interesting move, Flavio Briatore has been retained as special tactical council to Ferrari. He was last seen wandering around the Abu Dhabi circuit looking for cranes.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:49 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Was Massa practicing "demolition derby" last weekend for some reason, establishing aggressiveness perhaps?

Seriously, if Alonso wins this he again shows his true skill and is worthy of recognition, even to the naysayers.

The near future of F1 belongs to the young German drivers (Hulkenburg and Vettel), so Bernie will manage their expectations just as he did with "flash in the pan" Hammie.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:52 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

What will he do, lets see....
Take his competition out!
Oh wait a minute, that has already been done in the past...
Schumi and Damon Hill
Schumi and JV
Looks like the precedent has been set on how to race your competition.

Raj
Old 11-09-2010, 09:53 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
Seriously, if Alonso wins this he again shows his true skill and is worthy of recognition, even to the naysayers.
I think you are respecting them too much by just calling them naysayers. I have some words for them, but unfortunately rennlist has a policy against using them, lol.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:06 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

From May:

Red Bull clearly favour Vettel, says Brundle
31 May 2010

Having commentated on Sunday's Turkish Grand Prix and spoken to Red Bull team members barely half an hour after the conclusion of a race which saw an almost certain 1-2 disappear courtesy of an avoidable accident between team-mates, Martin Brundle is convinced that the Milton Keynes squad is favouring Sebastian Vettel.

Martin Brundle, former driver and BBC F1 punditMark Webber has enjoyed three consecutive pole positions on the last three race weekends, plus convincing race wins in Spain and Monaco, and it was the Australian who was leading on Lap 40 at Istanbul Park before being hit by his team-mate in a move which a significant percentage of GPUpdate.net readers feel was Vettel's fault, as per a straw poll which was started on Sunday evening.

"I have said several times this season that the only team who appear to be able to beat Red Bull are themselves," Brundle said in his BBC column on Monday. "I spoke with Christian Horner (Team Principal) and Helmut Marko (team advisor) immediately after the race. They asked how I called it on TV and I told them I said it was 100 percent Vettel's fault for swerving into Webber.

"They clearly disagreed and said that Webber should never have been squeezing his team-mate onto the dirty part of the race track when, as a team, they needed to be defending against the ever-present McLarens;
there's some substance to that argument but the bottom line is that Vettel turning right into the side of Webber's car was not the right answer - he so nearly wiped him out for a second time in the run-off area at the hairpin, too.

The two cars collided on the 40th lap of the 58-lap event"The team can't expect Webber to score three consecutive dominant pole positions and wipe the floor with all comers, including his team-mate, in the previous two races in Spain and Monaco and then suddenly turn all passive the first time Vettel makes a move on him; if Webber had lifted or moved over, he may as well have just handed the World Championship trophy to his team-mate and headed back to Australia." With Red Bull having lost the Constructors'' Championship lead to McLaren as a direct result of the Turn 12 collision, Brundle believes that the 'civil war' could lead to failures on a greater level this season.

"The problem Red Bull have is that it seems clear they favour their protégé Vettel to take the title over Webber, who is 11 years older," Martin continued. "They can't claim to treat both drivers equally and then apparently favour one because the whole situation will implode between the two sides of the garage."
Old 11-09-2010, 10:06 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

All because of 7 little points ... What's the big deal?
Old 11-10-2010, 12:24 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,870 Likes on 1,709 Posts

Raj,

you're such a little mini me A.Wayne wannabe. Sit back, relax and watch the race. Alonso will not go Sato on Vettel. He can't even radio Charlie Whiting complaining about Red Bull team orders (if it happens) since he already enjoyed his at the German GP.

If Faux Champion #3 happens because of less than 7 points, your guru A. Wayne will have cemented his 2nd phrase in RL lexicon...... WWF1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (the final round)