Bruno Senna
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Sakon Yamamoto
0%
Takuma Sato (Master of all that is carbon fiber)
4.26%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (the final round)

Old 11-09-2010, 10:52 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by M758
Fred will get crashed out by webbo who will also fail to finish.
Not exactly a Senna / Prost scenario, but interesting.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:57 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

I hope they all finish and don't get taken out by a back marker or mechanical issue.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:11 AM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 350 Likes on 208 Posts

Webber.

Alonso will have gone to J. Todt in tears just before the race starts with an incredibly guilty conscience. He will state that he knows Massa has been ordered to take Webber out so that he can win. He said "yes it's happened before and I'm sorry I just didn't have the courage to admit it". But he states that he's a bigger man now and needs to own up to it- his conscience just won't allow it to happen again. Massa admits it is true but states that he is a professional and helping the team is all he wants to do.

Ferrari is furious. They hire Sato to start who crashes in the first corner. A horrible melee ensures but Webber and Vettel are in front and take one/two easily. An incredulous Hulkenberg takes the third spot giving Williams their first podium since the dawn of the Pliestocene. He is henceforth known as the "Incredulous Hulk" and goes on to sell millions in action figures.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:24 AM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Vettel for the win and Alonso for the WDC. Vettel will have "communication issues" that will prevent him from moving over for Webber. The strife within Red Bull will play right into Alonso's hands.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:25 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by George from MD
Webber.

Alonso will have gone to J. Todt in tears just before the race starts with an incredibly guilty conscience. He will state that he knows Massa has been ordered to take Webber out so that he can win. He said "yes it's happened before and I'm sorry I just didn't have the courage to admit it". But he states that he's a bigger man now and needs to own up to it- his conscience just won't allow it to happen again. Massa admits it is true but states that he is a professional and helping the team is all he wants to do.

Ferrari is furious. They hire Sato to start who crashes in the first corner. A horrible melee ensures but Webber and Vettel are in front and take one/two easily. An incredulous Hulkenberg takes the third spot giving Williams their first podium since the dawn of the Pliestocene. He is henceforth known as the "Incredulous Hulk" and goes on to sell millions in action figures.
Go Sato
Old 11-09-2010, 11:37 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by theporscheguy
Vettel for the win and Alonso for the WDC. Vettel will have "communication issues" that will prevent him from moving over for Webber. The strife within Red Bull will play right into Alonso's hands.
LOL. That would be Epic and is something I can see Vettel doing. There is a lot of animosity between them and I think Vettel wouldn't mind giving him payback for the ealier joust.
Vettel does not have to worry about what the team will think if he doesn't move over. The team is 100% behind him and he knows that. The odd man out is Webber and he seems to be upsetting his management with constant complaints.
I could see this happening. The best part would be if Vettel tries to give Webber a hug at the end of the race, ala Sao Paolo, lol.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:00 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 79 Posts

I know the favorite sport of this forum seems to be to dump on either Alonso and/or Vettel, but I actually think Vettel will move over in that particular circumstance (i.e. if it would give Webber the championship over Alonso). However, there are many other permutations the race may take. As I said before, I like this season and I like the fact that RB have let the drivers contend. I know some hate that, but I think there is a subtle "anyone but Alonso/Vettel" movement afoot, which explains the irrational anger espoused by some that we actually have a great championship to enjoy.

I think it will be Webber-Vettel-Alonso in the race. Would not mind it turning out with Alonso or Vettel taking the spoils either. Any of these guys will have deserved it (including Hamilton, but that is truly a looong shot...).
Old 11-09-2010, 12:11 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It is my feeling Vettel will try to win the race. Vettel will attempt to secure pole and drive away with it. He will try to make it hard if impossible for Webber to be behind him as he knows that his chances go down like that. My bet is Vettel will try to run up front and hope back luck falls on Webber or Alonso. Then it will be a no issue. However if the last 15 minutes are Vettel, Webber, Alonso... my guess is Vettel will Webber pass. Only when Vettel's shot a title is bleek will he give in. Right now who knows. Alot of things could happen to Alonso or Webber that would give Vettel a chance to win WDC for himself.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:16 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M758
It is my feeling Vettel will try to win the race. Vettel will attempt to secure pole and drive away with it. He will try to make it hard if impossible for Webber to be behind him as he knows that his chances go down like that. My bet is Vettel will try to run up front and hope back luck falls on Webber or Alonso. Then it will be a no issue. However if the last 15 minutes are Vettel, Webber, Alonso... my guess is Vettel will Webber pass. Only when Vettel's shot a title is bleek will he give in. Right now who knows. Alot of things could happen to Alonso or Webber that would give Vettel a chance to win WDC for himself.
I agree with what you just said. This is exactly how Vettel would like to play it. RBR might look very smart if something happens to Webber and Alonso. If they wouldn't have let Vettel win last weekend, then Vettel would be in a much worse situation. Now RBR has two legit guys in for the WDC. In hindsight, it makes sense what RBR did.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
I agree with what you just said. This is exactly how Vettel would like to play it. RBR might look very smart if something happens to Webber and Alonso. If they wouldn't have let Vettel win last weekend, then Vettel would be in a much worse situation. Now RBR has two legit guys in for the WDC. In hindsight, it makes sense what RBR did.
Yeah, except that if Webber had won last week, then it would have been pretty much a straight fight between the 2. Whoever was in front would be the WDC. Now Webber must win with Alonso no better than 3rd, so if Vettel breaks again it is over. Not as good of a situation for RBR in my mind.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:34 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How bout this scenario; the order is Vettel-Webber-Alonso. Alonso crashes out. This means whichever, SV or MW, wins the race wins the WDC. Vettel and Webber duke it out to the last corner where they take each other out. This hands the WDC to Alonso.

Otherwise, if FA is 3rd or slightly farther back in a points paying position, with SV running 1st and MW 2nd, Vettel moves over and hands the WDC to Webber since he would have no chance.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:42 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Yeah, except that if Webber had won last week, then it would have been pretty much a straight fight between the 2. Whoever was in front would be the WDC. Now Webber must win with Alonso no better than 3rd, so if Vettel breaks again it is over. Not as good of a situation for RBR in my mind.
But, do you see why it makes sense? If Vettel wins and Webber is 2nd, he wins the WDC. They have 2 drivers in the championship, instead of one. Why eliminate one of your drivers? Let them duke it out. As long as either one wins, why should they care?
Old 11-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Webber FTW. Vettel will take the lead and give Webber the pass if he is mathematically eliminated. Look for Ferrari to do anything to win, including something questionable.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:43 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think Vettel will move for Webber. Unfortunately, Red Bull has gifted Alonso with the WDC.
As it stands, the WDC is Alonso's to loose.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:37 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

All 3 take each other out and Hamilton gets the gravy.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (the final round)