Sponsored by:

Group52 at Watkins. October 4-5

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 11:57 AM
tmark
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group52 at Watkins. October 4-5

If you're a very experienced (with verifiable credentials) open track participant, club racer or instructor..............
14 hours of open track/open pit lane over two days. No students. No run groups. No novices. No trains.

Information at: www.group52.com
Old 09-03-2010, 12:15 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

I hear good things about Group 52 and hope to attend one day.
One weird note: my on track physical damage coverage (from Chubb via WSIB) does not cover open track events (I have driven with Kojote, which is similar I believe and a great deal of fun, so I asked the underwriter). They claim (no pun) that there are more wrecks at open events, which I seriously doubt.
Don't read this as a negative to open track events, which are terrific, only passing along data (which may well be inaccurate).
Old 09-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Bill Lehman
Three Wheelin'

Received 227 Likes on 134 Posts

I also have Chubb/WSIB track insurance. A few weeks ago I ran with Kojote at NJMP to test my "repaired" power sterring. I checked with my agent about coverage and was advised that Kojote "Did not meet their underwriting requirements". I talked to another driver at NJMP and he talked up Group 52 and mentioned that if he recommended a driver and that driver scrrewed up at one of Group 52's events, he would be banned.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:36 AM
smankow
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran with Group 52 a few weeks ago and I believe that this event is listed on the Lockton site.

as for referring new members, if a new driver to Group 52 screws up, both that driver and the referring driver go home, but not banned. This is only for the new members first event.

Basically, they encourage referrals but want to ensure that the people coming to their events will be quality members.

Quick Reply: Group52 at Watkins. October 4-5