Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who will win the Conga race?
Jenson Button
5.19%
Lewis Hamilton
20.78%
Michael Schumacher
14.29%
Nico Rosberg
1.30%
Sebastian Vettel
27.27%
Mark Webber
6.49%
Felipe Massa
0%
Fernando Alonso
20.78%
Rubens Barrichello
0%
Nico Hulkenberg
0%
Robert Kubica
0%
Vitaly Petrov
0%
Adrian Sutil
0%
Viantonio Liuzzi
0%
Sebastien Buemi
0%
Jamie Alguersuari
0%
Jarno Trulli
0%
Heikki Kovalainen
0%
Karun Chandhok
1.30%
Bruno Senna
0%
Pedro de la Rosa
0%
Kamui Kobayashi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Lucas di Grassi
0%
Takuma Sato
2.60%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

2010 Monaco Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What's the big StrekStrekStrekStreking deal?

There's a rule which is a fine and makes perfect sense. It was followed and I don't see why there should be any speculation.

End of the story, move on.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:06 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,429 Likes on 2,039 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
What's the big StrekStrekStrekStreking deal?

There's a rule which is a fine and makes perfect sense. It was followed and I don't see why there should be any speculation.

End of the story, move on.
Which rule? The one that says you can race after the safety car goes in or the one that says you can't?
Old 05-19-2010, 10:04 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

The one that says that if the race finishes under yellow the safety car will pull in on the last lap and the cars will continue in the same order (no passing) acroos the start/finish line.

The only issue I have is that race/corner marshals waived the green flag and the green light was displayed around the track. It's a bit confusing, but I guess it's the driver/team's responsibility to know the rules prior to that.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:40 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
LOL!!
Looks like someone just got teabagged by Alonso's attachments!!
Great.

Bowled ... LOL............................ bada bing ....

Originally Posted by Ray S
Why am I not at all surprised that you are clueless to the history of team orders in Formula 1. In the early years they were commonplace and even expected. In fact it used to be legal for a number 2 driver to give up his car to the number 1 if his car was damaged.

Perhaps you should spend a little less time verbally washing Alonso's ***** and a little more time learning about the sport
Stop being a dingleberry !

You apparently know nuting about the history of of the sport or anything about teammate orders in F1 . F1 moved away from the era you profess to know and it was no longer the thing for the number 2 to give up it's car , points , etc etc , In the modern era being number 1 mean't you received first choice to new parts and to the spare car. This was the accepted norm for years until stooley and brawn took it to another level, forcing the FIA to make a written rule against it ...

Well not to argue with stupid , i prefer to drink stupids liqueur ... now where is your bet for the season ray , ray , your last bottle is empty and i crave the taste...

Old 05-19-2010, 11:45 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
The one that says that if the race finishes under yellow the safety car will pull in on the last lap and the cars will continue in the same order (no passing) acroos the start/finish line.

The only issue I have is that race/corner marshals waived the green flag and the green light was displayed around the track. It's a bit confusing, but I guess it's the driver/team's responsibility to know the rules prior to that.
MJ,

The rule is straight forward and simple , Brawn tried to pull another fast one and it backfired , about time ... nothing here ...

Alonso: I could have won Monaco

By Steven English Wednesday, May 19th 2010, 10:15 GMT

Fernando Alonso believes he could have challenged for victory in the Monaco Grand Prix had he not crashed in final practice and missed the qualifying session.

Alonso was quickest in the first two practice sessions of the weekend, but damaged his Ferrari F10 severely when he crashed at Massenet 20 minutes into Saturday's final practice. The team was unable to repair the car in time for qualifying and the Spaniard started the race from the pitlane.

He made an early pitstop and raced through to sixth place - which he kept after Michael Schumacher was penalised for overtaking him at the final corner of the last lap as the safety car returned to the pits - but despite rescuing points from the race, Alonso remained frustrated and believes he could have won the race.

Full story : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83728
Old 05-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Alonso: I could have won Monaco I could've won. I could've won.
Fixed it for ya!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:08 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Yes , agree yours does look more appropriate , Now the same for that whiny crumpet Schumacher ........................

Last edited by A.Wayne; 05-20-2010 at 02:29 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

F1 moved away from the era you profess to know and it was no longer the thing for the number 2 to give up it's car , points , etc etc

No **** sherlock and these and other team orders went on well before Shumacher. Now that you've gotten all caught up on Wikipedia you're free to return to your Alonso worship.

As for the bet, I offered a Rennlist Championship bet and you refused (probably wisely as I'm in first place). Maybe you'll grow a pair next year, but probably not.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Alonso
I could have won Monaco
Old 05-20-2010, 12:41 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Default FIA to clarify last-lap safety car rule

The FIA is to clarify regulations relating to safety-car procedures on the final lap of a race. It follows Michael Schumacher’s penalty for passing Fernando Alonso in the dying seconds of Sunday’s Monaco Grand Prix.

With the track declared clear and the safety car coming in, Schumacher’s Mercedes GP team believed their drivers were free to race as normal. However, race stewards subsequently penalised Schumacher for breaking Article 40.13 of the Sporting Regulations, which states: “If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.”

Mercedes originally planned to appeal the decision, but dropped those plans after the sport's governing body agreed to review the rule in question. According to the FIA, “adjustments to the regulations are necessary to clarify the procedure that cars must meet when the last lap is controlled by the Safety Car whilst also ensuring that the signalling for teams and drivers is made more clear.”

These adjustments are expected to be approved by the FIA’s World Motor Sport Council next month.

The full statement from the FIA:
The problems identified during the final lap of the Monaco Grand Prix, counting for the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship, showed a lack of clarity in the application of the rule prohibiting overtaking behind the Safety Car.

Adjustments to the regulations are necessary to clarify the procedure that cars must meet when the last lap is controlled by the Safety Car whilst also ensuring that the signalling for teams and drivers is made more clear.

These adjustments will help to avoid the problem which occurred during the Monaco Grand Prix from happening in the future.

The Formula One Commission, upon a proposal of the F1 Sporting Working Group will submit an amendment to the Sporting Regulations to address this issue. These amendments will be considered by the World Motor Sport Council at its next meeting in Geneva on June 23.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:48 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
No **** sherlock and these and other team orders went on well before Shumacher. Now that you've gotten all caught up on Wikipedia you're free to return to your Alonso worship.

As for the bet, I offered a Rennlist Championship bet and you refused (probably wisely as I'm in first place). Maybe you'll grow a pair next year, but probably not.
Where's my bet loudmouth, stop hiding , I love your brilliance, ...really!

Stop breaking our rennlist tradition, you know no one has a chance when you can change your pick everyweek, you are the master at waffling ............

1. A WDC pick ( you have your usual 5 race+ head start here ) ..
2. A race winner pick ...

C'mon Ray , Ray ......take some of the load off the Finn ...
Old 05-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Still begs the question as to why they choose to bring it in at the end of the last lap. It's all for the show. What a bunch of weenies. If they can't get the track to go green for the entire last lap, then man up & finish the race behind it.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:04 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Still begs the question as to why they choose to bring it in at the end of the last lap. It's all for the show. What a bunch of weenies. If they can't get the track to go green for the entire last lap, then man up & finish the race behind it.
Larry ....

The race was already over , F1 don't have yellow flag finishes, the green lights mean't , pace car in , no passing allowed , race to the finish, race is over, simple!

Brawn and the "one" tried to pull a fast one and it backfired ..Goodshow!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Larry ....

The race was already over , F1 don't have yellow flag finishes, the green lights mean't , pace car in , no passing allowed , race to the finish, race is over, simple!

Brawn and the "one" tried to pull a fast one and it backfired ..Goodshow!
That's not the point. I really don't care what happened. This is just another example of the geniuses at F1 shooting themselves in the foot. They wonder why they can't legislate passing when they cannot even ensure an unambiguous ending to a race.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:59 AM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/159715/...ke_schumi.html
Hamilton doesn't want 'tainted' image like Schumi (this isn't the complete article)

McLaren-Mercedes star Lewis Hamilton has revealed that he wants to go down in F1 history as a 'fair and clean' driver - admitting he would be 'devastated' were his reputation ever to be 'tainted' like that of Mercedes Grand Prix rival Michael Schumacher...
Lewis Hamilton has admitted that he would be 'devastated' were his reputation to be 'tainted' like that of record-breaking multiple F1 World Champion Michael Schumacher – as the McLaren-Mercedes star insisted he wants to go down in grand prix history as a 'fair and clean' competitor who 'always drove with his heart'.

Schumacher has arrived in Monaco this weekend to a barrage of questions about his infamous 'parking' indiscretion at Rascasse during qualifying the last time he competed there back in 2006 [see separate story – click here] – one of a number of incidents that has somewhat tarnished the German legend's global image and legacy, for all of the outstanding brilliance that yielded him an unparalleled seven world titles at the highest level.

Hamilton, of course, has already been caught up in a scandal of his own in Melbourne last year, but when asked by British media if he would like to be remembered in the years to come in a better light than his Mercedes Grand Prix rival – who is regarded alternately as a genius and a cheat – the Stevenage-born ace was quick to respond in the affirmative.

“When I think about history, it is not just about me, it is about how my family raised me, where we came from,” he explained. “For that to be tainted by something like that (Rascasse) would devastate me. When I leave F1, I want to be remembered as one of the best drivers of all time. I want to be remembered as a fair driver, a clean driver, one who always drove with his heart, who battled through thick and thin to score the points and the championships I will hopefully earn.”

Hamilton wound up seventh-quickest in both practice sessions on Thursday around the tight, tortuous, unforgiving streets of the glamorous Principality – a circuit at which his late, great hero Ayrton Senna triumphed on no fewer than six occasions, but one that broke the hearts of fellow world champions Nigel Mansell and Damon Hill, who never succeeded in ascending the top step of the rostrum there.

Whilst he clearly hopes for better come qualifying on Saturday, the 25-year-old street fighter was swift to dispel any notions that he needs to rapidly get back on terms with world championship-leading team-mate and compatriot Jenson Button, just behind him on the timing screens in both sessions.

“I don't feel I'm at the point where I need to 'turn it around',” he asserted, when asked if he is under pressure to get results. “What needs turning around is just my fortunes. It's not too late for me. You can make your own luck. The team and I just need to work together and make the right calls.

“Obviously, we weren't at the top of the timesheets [on Thursday], but I've really been enjoying driving around here. When you're in Monaco, things just seem to happen so much faster than normal – it feels two or three times quicker than at other circuits. You're always on the edge, and if you brake just a little bit too late then you'll be in the barrier. It's an incredible feeling.

“The driver with the biggest talent [and] the biggest ***** should come out on top if he's got the car. At every track people say the car has everything to do with it, but the driver still has to pull something out of that car – and some can pull more out than others. This is a track where you have to have serious confidence in your car, the braking points, be confident with the barriers. I've never experienced anything like it anywhere. It's always been special for me – growing up, it was always the one I looked forward to watching most.

And yet he his hero is Senna? I understand being eclectic and taking the good from someone's repertoire and leaving the bad stuff out, but c'mon. I also love the way this serves as an diversion and attack as well as an apology.

Last edited by enduro911; 05-21-2010 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Article too long

Quick Reply: 2010 Monaco Grand Prix