Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 02:56 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mobonic
Changed my story.. no.. elaborated.

Your comments are awfully one-sided.

BTW it was not raining when i drove the car to and back from spa... so you are making wrong assumptions as to the video.

But they are your assumptions to be made...

and have fun at your party... i care more about driving anyways.
You keep digging your own hole and making a disservice for all us foreign visitors/drivers/racers to the NRing. Why it doesn't surprise me that this are the actual facts of what happened:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ml#post7549813

Great strategy for getting a Free Rental at the NRing... But you can only do it once. Blackmail is something most people don't take lightly. Good for you the RSR guys are too nice....
Old 05-07-2010, 03:18 PM
dale_at_nurburg
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just spoke to Ralph at Rent 4 Ring - he's happy that he got a free plug out of Mobine's little 'gamble' but is happy to have had just the one rental fee from him.

So, there are 4 major players in the 'rental' game, and guess what, we're all on speaking terms, we all have each others cell phones for that 'emergency' moment when our own car breaks/crashes and we need some temporary replacement quick sharp... and we all share our 'bad' or 'stupid' customers. Congratulations, you win on both counts... honestly, do you think we're stupid?

I see now you may have also had some efforts in understanding what car is what etc... if pictures and words aren't enough, I can't help you.

ORIGINAL REPLY FROM THE OTHER THREAD:
Hello peeps - this is a crummy way to make my first post on here (though I have lurked many a time! )

Shahine Mobine's initial enquiry - note the spec of the car explained to him.

The schedules and prices as taken from the Autovisie special offer that we extended to him:

Only 2 days from the event and he's still not sure what he wants, so we explain the options again and this time note how the km(distance) packages are stated again...

A screen grab of www.rsrnurburg.com/prices - note KM packages and 20km/1lap of the 'ring over-milage costs....

Shahine's signature noting that he understood all of this:

And, finally, after much last minute hullabaloo we get Mr. Mobine and his white Renaultsport Clio 197 Cup on to Spa Francorchamps for an uninterrupted day of lapping Spa Francorchamps!

Awesome day all round.

Contrary to what some have said... we have served over 4000 customers since I joined the company in 2007, and we have only had 2 that were so upset. That's only 0.0005% by my reckoning.

Yes, communications broke down near the end, but Shahine arrived having still not decided his package, arrived late (after we'd nearly all left for Spa!) and we STILL got him out there.

I'm at Spa on Monday, I will pull the pitlane camera footage for the day and count Shahine's laps by hand if he wants to be further embarrassed. Just because the Saturday boy in broken English thinks you've done 47km at one point (and you admit you know you'd done at least 3 times that) doesn't mean that you're not accountable for the final tally.

We're not talking about an Avis Clio 1.2 with 100kms extra, we're talking about a tyre-scrubbing FWD 200bhp Clio with Brembo brakes and Pagid pads doing an extra 25 laps of a 5-mile F1 circuit!

Tyres and pads alone run us around €1000 per set at trade and minus tax. And a committed driver on a dry track will be destroying them in short-order...

Shahine was here himself, signed the document, paid the bill, signed the credit card form and then decided after the event he paid too much.

Then he threatened 'bad reviews' online and began the cross-posting thread we have now seen on MANY different automotive forums...

As for all the other stuff, well we footed THREE hotel room bills after being asked to reserve rooms at Spa and Nurburg that Shahine asked us to... I told him to get off to Manthey and come back at 5pm to lap the 'ring, where did you go if not to Manthey???... sorry it rained at 6.30, but you still did the laps!

He asked for an instruction lap, I explained that it wasn't included in the basic package, and that I could put him out on track - do everything, but if it wasn't included in his package he would be charged when he came to leave.

As a customer, I'd give him a less than favourable review for sure!
3/10 (at least he didn't crash and jump over the barrier to avoid paying!)
Old 05-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

An Internet legend in the making.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:36 PM
cparkin
Rennlist Member

wow.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

the interwebs strike again
Old 05-07-2010, 04:25 PM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

Wow - a lot of things happen when all the facts are given. Lesson learned is to thoroughly read what you are going to commit to - and if you ask for more, expect to pay more.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:19 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

OWNED...
Old 05-07-2010, 05:58 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

^ +1. Wow. Credibility 'ding' for sure ..
Old 05-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Surf City, here comes the .

Fascinating thread.
Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2010, 06:29 PM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cello
^ +1. Wow. Credibility 'ding' for sure ..
+2! Unbelievable.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:29 PM
AC coupe
Instructor

C.Gomez and I (and Dale and Ron probably) are....What's the correct internet term, ROTFLING?

What stuns me is how many people were more than happy to jump to conclusions supporting this guy's skeezy plot for a free track day...Bah.

Loved the "I'm more interested in driving" comment though, that was good
Old 05-07-2010, 06:52 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNcQX...embedded#at=39
Old 05-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad Dale was able to present his side. It's a shame so many people bash quality businesses when the business doesn't know about it and loses customers.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:08 PM
tsheehan
Instructor

Mobonic,
dude , you ground hogging? Sorry, its like a train reck. I say" I wont rubber neck" but I cant help it.

Regards
TSheehan
Old 05-07-2010, 09:26 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Isn't that special....

type of thread that could bring down the IB servers if it goes viral for pwnership of the month, or year...

EDIT: RSR just went to the top of my list for a "Ring" rental if they were that patient with this guy!

Quick Reply: My bad experience renting a track car at Nurburgring