Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Racing & Drivers Education Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum-65/)
-   -   Impact Racing SFI decertification REPEALED (https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/559631-impact-racing-sfi-decertification-repealed.html)

Veloce Raptor 04-01-2010 10:28 PM

Impact Racing SFI decertification REPEALED

http://www.sfifoundation.com/PressRelease04-01-10.pdf

Larry Herman 04-01-2010 10:30 PM

April Fools? :confused:

Veloce Raptor 04-01-2010 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Herman (Post 7447924)
April Fools? :confused:

I doubt SFI would pull a prank like that on their own website.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach

Larry Herman 04-01-2010 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor (Post 7447926)
I doubt SFI would pull a prank like that on their own website.

I MEANT YOU, DUMMY! :D

Circuit Motorsports 04-01-2010 10:33 PM

Not entirely. Just products manufactured in 2009-10 are staying certified. 2008 and earlier are still decertified.

Veloce Raptor 04-01-2010 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Herman (Post 7447929)
I MEANT YOU, DUMMY! :D

Would I do that? :roflmao:

Chaos 04-01-2010 11:11 PM

+1 Dummy

Carrera51 04-02-2010 10:50 AM

As Joe said, this only applies to Impact's products produced in 2009-2010. Seems that there as still issues with earlier products.

One of my circle track friends said that the tracks that they race on have a ban on Impact products in effect.

Veloce Raptor 04-02-2010 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Carrera51 (Post 7448952)
As Joe said, this only applies to Impact's products produced in 2009-2010. Seems that there as still issues with earlier products.

One of my circle track friends said that the tracks that they race on have a ban on Impact products in effect.

Don't be such a party pooper. You clowns were SO eager to jump on the bandwagon when SFI whined that they hadn't gotten their $ from Impact (and that is all that label really is IMO....a licensing fee). Now they have rescinded a large part of that claim, and you are trying to minimize it.

For the record, I don't GAS whether Impact lives or dies...but the double standards on display here boggle the mind.

Carrera51 04-02-2010 11:25 AM

VR:
I am not trying to minimize it. Seriously, rules are rules and Impact broke them. I wouldn't use there stuff. Between this and the phony HANS anchors thing, they are damaged goods.

I suppose this is good news for those who may have bought a $900+ dollar within the last 12 months and now will not have to replace it.

Veloce Raptor 04-02-2010 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Carrera51 (Post 7449030)
VR:
I am not trying to minimize it. Seriously, rules are rules and Impact broke them. I wouldn't use there stuff. Between this and the phony HANS anchors thing, they are damaged goods.

I suppose this is good news for those who may have bought a $900+ dollar within the last 12 months and now will not have to replace it.

I am only interested in full & fair disclosure, which I provided.

I am not sure which is worse: Impact's chronic denial or SFI's chronic financial shakedown scheme.

2002M3Drew 04-02-2010 12:46 PM

What a profile picture...

924RACR 04-02-2010 12:48 PM

Tune in next week, when Bill reveals his Chinese connections and the twisted kickback scheme leading all the way to Max and Bernie... in As The Racing World Turns...

:rolleyes:

PedalFaster 04-02-2010 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor (Post 7448990)
You clowns were SO eager to jump on the bandwagon when SFI whined that they hadn't gotten their $ from Impact (and that is all that label really is IMO....a licensing fee). Now they have rescinded a large part of that claim, and you are trying to minimize it.

At least in my case, that's because I support certification bodies charging a nominal fee to fund their activities, but I don't support safety equipment manufacturers secretly skipping the parts of the standards they didn't feel like complying with.

Originally Posted by Carrera51 (Post 7449030)
Between this and the phony HANS anchors thing, they are damaged goods.

Don't forget that last year they also had a suit decertification because they "[did] not fully comply with the minimum standards set forth in the SFI Specification 3.2A Program". So, three strikes at this point.

ltc 04-02-2010 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by PedalFaster (Post 7449290)
At least in my case, that's because I support certification bodies charging a nominal fee to fund their activities, but I don't support safety equipment manufacturers secretly skipping the parts of the standards they didn't feel like complying with.

Don't forget that last year they also had a suit decertification because they "[did] not fully comply with the minimum standards set forth in the SFI Specification 3.2A Program". So, three strikes at this point.

^ + 1
There needs to be a certain level of "trust" when it comes to the purchase of safety equipment.
FWIW, I would not wear anything from Impact, based on recent events and past paddock 'talk' regarding issues such as this.