Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tech Inspection Forms; Standardization, Usage, Enforcement, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 07:39 PM
SCOTITUDE
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TwentySix
Our region gives out an official stamper to each of the approved shops, which requires a signature as well.
With the quality of todays scanners and printers we went one step further and issued a specifically numbered embosser to each tech site to prevent forgeries. Every tech form must have a signature and a raised seal consisting of the corresponding shop number and region seal. It has worked well so far.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:37 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by TedA
Yes but no liability...you sign a waiver to drive. Good drivers have suffered because of other drivers coolant on track at recent events...

Would a tech inspection even catch that. I am all for safety, I had all the coolant hoses on the GT2 changed $$$$ last year as they were 7 years old for safety sake. I blew the M3 engine @ RR on the front straight with no warning. This could have been really ugly except for the fact nobody was close and the under tray caught most of the oil. Preventable NO, just something that happens when you push a car hard. You can be the best driver, I am not even close, and through no fault of your own, Oil/Water/Debris on track/Debris in tire etc, have an incident. I accept this as a risk I assume when I go on the track.

Peter
Old 03-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I thought instructors could self inspect.
Instructors self tech AT THE TRACK ie they don't run their cars through the tech line. They are still required to have a tech form filled out, signed and stamped by an official PCA inspection center.

Should the be one form for all Regions, no, I don't think so, especially when certain tracks have specific rules that other tracks may not. NJMP is one, LRP is another. Further, the Region should be able to do what they want in and above the PCA National minimum standards (for PCA National insurance compliance).
Old 03-23-2010, 03:40 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Right

Originally Posted by TedA
Yes but no liability...you sign a waiver to drive. Good drivers have suffered because of other drivers coolant on track at recent events...
And I continue to suffer!
Attached Images  

Last edited by bella1; 03-23-2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Adding Pic

Quick Reply: Tech Inspection Forms; Standardization, Usage, Enforcement, etc.