Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well...I know what my butt looks like now...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 01:25 PM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for being true to your word and posting the good and the bad. It is helpful for those of us who may end up in one for spec or endurance.

Chin up and try to relax, sounds you're already getting a fine "edumication".
Old 03-15-2010, 03:33 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MJR911
Glad you enjoyed your first race. I find SM racing addicting and humbling as well. Some of my PCA guys can't take the "humbling" part... but if you can swallow the pill a bit you'll definitely progress.

Wait until Atlanta, should be a massive field! Try to pace those Pombo brothers....
Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
The Pombo Brothers are a great couple of guys to see how close to the front pace you are. They are both super nice guys that will also help you out if you need it. Cool thing about those guys is the cars they drive are ones they build themselves.
Yup...met them back November and their parents. Great skills and great people. I'd be a "happy boy" if I can stay on their tail.
Originally Posted by disasterman
Thanks for being true to your word and posting the good and the bad. It is helpful for those of us who may end up in one for spec or endurance.
Chin up and try to relax, sounds you're already getting a fine "edumication".
Ha! Definitely getting my "edumication".

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 03-15-2010, 05:23 PM
spare tire
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[to find out the only reason I couldn't match the fast lap times was because of one small section on the track that I was taking too fast and scrubbing off speed through the turn following it. I thought I was doing it well because I could still take the next turn full throttle without lifting. It all came down to a scrub radius on the front tires.

Which corner Seth?

Quick Reply: Well...I know what my butt looks like now...