Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What do you think of the Limerock Race Schedule?
I would rather 1 Sprint and a 60 minute Enduro
58.82%
I would rather the 2 Sprint races
29.41%
I'm not going so I just don't care
11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

CVR Limerock Club Race - No Enduro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:33 PM
mji911
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, What a mess!! So CVR is looking to increase the attendance by about 40 racers, Eliminate the enduro, add a sprint race, which will decrease track time per racer???. I don't believe an unmuffled event will add that many racers to a local race, most people that run at LRP understand the event is muffled.
As a previos post stated "it not worth a 3 hr tow for 2 sprint races. I'm sure LRP is getting a premium for the race and also eliminating the DE does not seem to be a profitable event. It's to bad last year seemed like a pretty good event!!
Old 02-20-2010, 03:33 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bsztanko
I personally don't think unmuffled is a good idea, short of the cup car crowd, no one really cares.
it's not just that it's unmuffled, it's that the LRP sound restrictions are ridiculously low.

It's REALLY hard to get an old 911 to pass the sound limits of under 90dB. A stock '73RS is probably right at the edge.

I liked the enduros at LRP too, but 1 hour there is a lot of laps... 2 long sprints sounds good to me. I can't make in on Friday but hope to bring my F car and GT3 cup car to race on Saturday.

Last edited by analogmike; 02-22-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:50 PM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am waiting to see how long the sprints are. If they were both 45 minutes long I for one would prefer it to a 20 min spring and a 60 minute enduro. Guess we will have to wait and see
Old 02-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Personally, I'd rather just have one enduro and no sprint races rather than 2 sprint races and no enduro. The only way that would change is if the sprint races were 40 minutes long.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by DanR
I am waiting to see how long the sprints are. If they were both 45 minutes long I for one would prefer it to a 20 min spring and a 60 minute enduro. Guess we will have to wait and see
If they are both 45 minutes long then it is the same track time as a 30 minute sprint and a 60 minute enduro, i would MUCH rather run the latter..
Old 02-20-2010, 06:20 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Cancel the DE. Race Thursday through Saturday, two sprints and an enduro and raise the entry fee. How does that sound?
Bingo!!! +964.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
If they are both 45 minutes long then it is the same track time as a 30 minute sprint and a 60 minute enduro, i would MUCH rather run the latter..
I don't think we have ever had a 30 minute sprint. The most we had was 24 laps, and the faster cars were doing a lap in under a minute. Let's figure that the average sprint race was somewhere around 20 minutes.

So, if we could get 2 45-minute (or even 2 40-minute) long sprints or one 20 minute sprint and one 60 minute enduro, I'd be somewhat indifferent to the choices.

However, if the choice is to get 2 20-minute sprints - yuck!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:12 PM
bsztanko
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian P
I don't think we have ever had a 30 minute sprint. The most we had was 24 laps, and the faster cars were doing a lap in under a minute. Let's figure that the average sprint race was somewhere around 20 minutes.

So, if we could get 2 45-minute (or even 2 40-minute) long sprints or one 20 minute sprint and one 60 minute enduro, I'd be somewhat indifferent to the choices.

However, if the choice is to get 2 20-minute sprints - yuck!
Hopefully it won't be two 20 minute races, I think they will have a very tough time selling that to the masses it would result in LOW turnout.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Hopefully it won't be two 20 minute races, I think they will have a very tough time selling that to the masses it would result in LOW turnout.
They won't advertise the length of the sprints because it always depends on what happens during race day. So, everybody will have to sign up and hope for the best.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:07 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It will be interesting to see participation next year if we get two 20 minute sprints this year.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:12 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rstrahota
Charlie
What I was trying to say before is that the planned twin sprint schedule is intended to provide more racing for more people.
How many people have been turned away from the LRP race in years past? How many more are expected this year? In short, how many more people is the region expecting this will accommodate?

What do the CVR members want? How many CVR members are shut out of the race each year? To me, these are the key issues that the host region should be considering (and, of course, striving to break-even on the economics).
Old 02-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 170 Posts

A Limrerock employee told me it's "around" an extra $10K for an unmuffled event, for 100 entrants raising the price $100 (over the entire event) covers that. I would have gladly paid more to go back to the 2008 schedule (didn't like the enduro 1st last year... not that I ran the whole thing!).

Last edited by Gary R.; 02-21-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
How many people have been turned away from the LRP race in years past? How many more are expected this year? In short, how many more people is the region expecting this will accommodate?
Those are some tricky questions. In past years, the race was also run in conjunction with a DE. I know that the race part of it has sold out for several years, and the DE part seemed to be heavily attended (may have sold out as well).

If they remove the DE and replace it with a race, I think it's difficult to determine how much more participation they would get.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
It will be interesting to see participation next year if we get two 20 minute sprints this year.
We should be able to do the math and figure out how long these sprints will be.

If I recall correctly, Lime Rock's hours are pretty strict and the event starts at 9AM and finishes at 5:30PM, so we get 8.5 hours (510 minutes).

The last several years have had 3 sprint groups and a DE. It sounds like this year will be 4 sprint groups and no DE's. So, each group has a total of 127 minutes of potential track time.

If we have 4 sessions per run group (warmup, qualifying, and 2 races), then we will probably have something like a 20 minute warmup, a 25 minute qualifying, and 2 40 minute race sessions. Now, a lot of track time is lost between getting one group off the track and the next group on. If we use last year's track time as a guess of how much time was lost, then the above will translate into 15 laps for warmup, 20 laps for qualifying, and 2 30 lap race sessions. It'd be nice to have one race be 20-25 laps, and the other be 35-40 laps.

By the way, using the above math we could do the following: 4 race groups with each getting a 20 minute warmup, a 20 minute qualifying, and a 30 minute sprint race. That adds up to 70 minutes per group, for a total of 280 minutes. That leaves 230 minutes left over. Assuming that 4 sprint groups would translate into 3 enduros, we would need 210 minutes for the 3 enduros (60 minutes of track time plus another 10 minutes to clear the track). We would be able to run one sprint race plus an enduro and still have 20 minutes left over to handle emergency track clearing...
Old 02-21-2010, 02:55 PM
bsztanko
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian P
We should be able to do the math and figure out how long these sprints will be.

If I recall correctly, Lime Rock's hours are pretty strict and the event starts at 9AM and finishes at 5:30PM, so we get 8.5 hours (510 minutes).

The last several years have had 3 sprint groups and a DE. It sounds like this year will be 4 sprint groups and no DE's. So, each group has a total of 127 minutes of potential track time.

If we have 4 sessions per run group (warmup, qualifying, and 2 races), then we will probably have something like a 20 minute warmup, a 25 minute qualifying, and 2 40 minute race sessions. Now, a lot of track time is lost between getting one group off the track and the next group on. If we use last year's track time as a guess of how much time was lost, then the above will translate into 15 laps for warmup, 20 laps for qualifying, and 2 30 lap race sessions. It'd be nice to have one race be 20-25 laps, and the other be 35-40 laps.

By the way, using the above math we could do the following: 4 race groups with each getting a 20 minute warmup, a 20 minute qualifying, and a 30 minute sprint race. That adds up to 70 minutes per group, for a total of 280 minutes. That leaves 230 minutes left over. Assuming that 4 sprint groups would translate into 3 enduros, we would need 210 minutes for the 3 enduros (60 minutes of track time plus another 10 minutes to clear the track). We would be able to run one sprint race plus an enduro and still have 20 minutes left over to handle emergency track clearing...

No unmuffled cars on track till 10 a.m. I think

Quick Reply: CVR Limerock Club Race - No Enduro?