Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What do you think of the Limerock Race Schedule?
I would rather 1 Sprint and a 60 minute Enduro
58.82%
I would rather the 2 Sprint races
29.41%
I'm not going so I just don't care
11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

CVR Limerock Club Race - No Enduro?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 01:16 AM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Man, I don't feel so bad now for having to miss LRP this year...........

VIR race in June is looking better and better....

It just doesn't make any sense why they had to ruin a perfectly fine event......
Old 02-20-2010, 09:01 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bsztanko
I personally don't think unmuffled is a good idea, short of the cup car crowd, no one really cares.

For the record, I will not be running a cup car and I DO care.

I'm another one who is disappointed that there will be no enduro. Damn, the administrators for these races are like Congressmen: constantly making up new rules/ways for the sake of "change". At the very least, ask the constituents what they prefer. I don't understand the response that there is no time for the two enduros. I suppose they think there is going to be some massive turnout?

If it is possible, Thursday - Saturday for the race!!
Old 02-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bsztanko
Cancel the DE. Race Thursday through Saturday, two sprints and an enduro and raise the entry fee. How does that sound?
+1,000,000
Old 02-20-2010, 10:00 AM
rstrahota
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Twin Sprints

Friends & Fellow racers:
It is my understanding that switch to the twin sprint schedule for this year's race at LRP is an effort to give more of us a chance to race twice that weekend. Race organizers hope that attendance will be up from recent years. If this turns out to be correct, there would be not enough capacity to have a slot for everyone in an Enduro. In other words, the hope is that the twin sprints will give more people a chance for more racing.
I am certain this was not an artibrary decision made just for the sake of "change".
I personally love the enduros - I was race director for our first one at LRP. But I also support the race director desire to provide as much racing as possible for as many people as they can.
Hope to see you there.
ds
Old 02-20-2010, 10:07 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rstrahota
Friends & Fellow racers:
It is my understanding that switch to the twin sprint schedule for this year's race at LRP is an effort to give more of us a chance to race twice that weekend. Race organizers hope that attendance will be up from recent years. If this turns out to be correct, there would be not enough capacity to have a slot for everyone in an Enduro. In other words, the hope is that the twin sprints will give more people a chance for more racing.
I am certain this was not an artibrary decision made just for the sake of "change".
I personally love the enduros - I was race director for our first one at LRP. But I also support the race director desire to provide as much racing as possible for as many people as they can.
Hope to see you there.
ds
OK, if there were two 30 minutes sprints vs. 1 30 minute and 1 60 minute sprint, you'd need 50% more participation to break even on total race time, right? Is that what the organizers assumed?
Old 02-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

dick - I applaud the effort of the organizers to try and get two races in for everyone, but isn't that a simple matter of capping the number of entrants and adjusting price accordingly? Placing a bet on increases in turnout seems a little risky to me. It's not clear that the economic dynamics that brought attendance down across the country last year will have cleared for the upcoming season. I like the proposal of a Thur-Sat race. LRP has always been a little funky with the schedule given the issue with Sunday. It would be nice to have it match up with the way many other races are now scheduling 2 sprints and an enduro. Keeping the DE is a very secure/predictable source of income. I wouldn't throw that away.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:32 AM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

I wanted to make this but also wanted to run thursday's DE to learn the track as it was my first trip to LRP. I understand the DE is NOT unmuffled is that correct ?
Old 02-20-2010, 10:39 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Whatever the schedule and format I plan on being there. But I have to say that the change in format is a move in the wrong direction in my opinion. First, I don't think that a lower entry fee will drive more traffic. The entry fee is already the least expensive component of a race weekend. Even if the entry fee was a more important cost component of a race weekend, would a reduction of $100 to $200 really make a difference? I really don't think so. Other events offer an increasing amount of race time. We should do the same with the LRP event. I believe the track can accomodate 35 to 50 car run groups for enduro races... if we get that many people signed up. Would make it even more fun. I hope the organizers will reconsider and keep the enduro on the agenda.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:43 AM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Gary, You're a "Funny" guy..... I do hope if the enduro is eliminated the sprints are extended to 40 minutes or so.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:59 AM
rstrahota
Rennlist Member

Default LRP

Charlie:

I think there is a concern is that there wouldn't have been enough endro slots to meet the demand for them this year if total attendance is up due to the "no muffler" rules. Not sure if your math factored in that concern.

I am confident that the organizers can somehow adjust if this proves to be incorrect.

Don't get me wrong - I prefer endros too. But I am willing to give this schedule support and hope others do as well.

ds
Old 02-20-2010, 11:26 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Right now I haven't decided on whether to run this event or not, as I'll be straight back from a trip, but this issue will be decisive for me. Enduro or I'm out.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:34 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I guess there won't be enough time to grid a sprint race and inspect track in 10 minutes.
Run sprint 1. 10 minutes later. Run sprint 2.

Just a foolish musing.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:46 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rstrahota
Charlie:

I think there is a concern is that there wouldn't have been enough endro slots to meet the demand for them this year if total attendance is up due to the "no muffler" rules. Not sure if your math factored in that concern.

I am confident that the organizers can somehow adjust if this proves to be incorrect.

Don't get me wrong - I prefer endros too. But I am willing to give this schedule support and hope others do as well.

ds
No, I didn't factor that in because that's a different problem. I was addressing the "maximize race time" argument. It is a problem to not have enough enduro spots.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:26 PM
rstrahota
Rennlist Member

Default LRP

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
No, I didn't factor that in because that's a different problem. I was addressing the "maximize race time" argument. It is a problem to not have enough enduro spots.
Charlie
What I was trying to say before is that the planned twin sprint schedule is intended to provide more racing for more people.
The gating factor here is the limited number of enduro slots. I think you see the paradox here - the more popular the race is, the less viable enduros are at Lime Rock.

This is because there are a lot of people like gums - myself included - who normally won't go to a race without assured entry into the enduro. Perhaps there are enough of us who would consider the twin sprint race format as a good enough compromise. We shall see!

ds
Old 02-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 170 Posts

I'll go regardless of the format, but I want the enduro back...

Quick Reply: CVR Limerock Club Race - No Enduro?