Sponsored by:

2010 PCA CVR Lime Rock Race to be Un-muffled

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 08:30 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
but I'm just warning that I'll be running a "low hp" shrieker soon myself.
Seriously, the sound coming out of the spec boxter Tim Costa was running at njmp last fall was plenty good. A little metallic, but still manly enough
Old 01-10-2010, 09:03 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have picutures of the quick connect exhaust? I have a Dan J LRP muffler that came with my car. I've never used it. I would like to know if its quick and eazy to change.

Too bad I can't make it that far north but I do have a tenitve private day with coaching at Roebling Road in February. I heard they have gotten real strict with the db levels. Guees I will have to take it just in case.

Have some loud fun. Kids.....tisk, tisk.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Anyone have picutures of the quick connect exhaust? I have a Dan J LRP muffler that came with my car. I've never used it. I would like to know if its quick and eazy to change.

Too bad I can't make it that far north but I do have a tenitve private day with coaching at Roebling Road in February. I heard they have gotten real strict with the db levels. Guees I will have to take it just in case.

All I could find is the header side shot with no muffler on it. My straight pipes are just that, two 2.5" straight pipes connected with a piece of tubular steel with a flat bracket welded to it that bolts to the two bottom pulley cover studs. Two nuts and the two "collars", thats it. Flowmaster 80 is mounted the same way.
Attached Images  
Old 01-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Palmer Clingman
Intermediate

Thats great after being black flaged last year I had to put on some super craps that on an after race dyno cost me 55 hp out of 210 wasnot much fun. Charlie kenny is a great cage builder I have been after him to start racing his 964 cup . Palmer
Old 01-10-2010, 09:55 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

they are definitely strict at roebling road. they monitored and posted levels for every car at the club race back in december. no exceptions if over their limit, they will black flag you.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:04 PM
FredC
Drifting

This is the clamp that you should be able to find connecting your pipes to the headers as well as the bracket holding the pipes together. Loosen the 2 clamps (one per header) and and the 2 bolts holding the bracket. Then take the pipes off and replace with the muffler using the same 2 clamps. 20 minute process.
Attached Images   
Old 01-10-2010, 10:07 PM
smsarchitects
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

damn, and I was hoping to use my custom set up designed (and paid for $$$) ONLY FOR LRP for at least one event this year. Oh well, guess I will leave it in the basement for another season.
Great news!
Old 01-10-2010, 11:34 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Actuallly, on my 944SuperCup car I do a quick change thing using the connector that Fred is showing there. It's way better than most clamps as it doesn't squeeze the pipes, it mates them end to end. I switch between muffler and straight pipe in minutes. Get it at racepartsolutions.com
Old 01-11-2010, 08:13 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the pictures guys. The system looks slick. I'm going to get under the car with the LRP muffler in hand and compare to what you guys have.

Gary, your engine looks amazing. I like the look of the case cover where the oil drain plug is. Aftermarket?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:03 AM
FredC
Drifting

Gary, your engine looks amazing. I like the look of the case cover where the oil drain plug is. Aftermarket?
Oh yeah, that's Gary's 4.1 liter ct stock engine with mobbydelium headers! Awesome!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
Actuallly, on my 944SuperCup car I do a quick change thing using the connector that Fred is showing there. It's way better than most clamps as it doesn't squeeze the pipes, it mates them end to end. I switch between muffler and straight pipe in minutes. Get it at racepartsolutions.com
is this what you mean

http://www.racepartsolutions.com/products.asp?cat=106
Old 01-11-2010, 09:41 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, V-Band assembly.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 174 Posts

Yes, that's it Sean. Randy, there was something Dan J. doesn't like about the stock flat steel cover so he installs those now. Not sure who makes it but I doubt it's hard to find. It actually adds a very small amount to the sump where the pickup is.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:50 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Randy, there was something Dan J. doesn't like about the stock flat steel cover so he installs those now. Not sure who makes it but I doubt it's hard to find. It actually adds a very small amount to the sump where the pickup is.
I would think it allows a lower catch basin for metal shavings so it is easier to get them to stick to the plug. ????

It look very nice. If I can find out its purpose I might upgrade.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Lawrence_P
Racer

Not so fast gang - I know for a fact that the Race Director is working up alternate schedules for consideration which do include the advanced DE.

Quick Reply: 2010 PCA CVR Lime Rock Race to be Un-muffled